Originally published December 30, 2013 at 01:48p.m., updated December 30, 2013 at 01:51p.m.
TONASKET At least 19 businesses in North-Central Washington have applied to be able to sell recreational marijuana to adults.
According to state Liquor Control Board documents reviewed Monday, only five retailers will be licensed to sell recreational marijuana in Okanogan County, one of which must be located in Omak.
Only one retailer will be licensed in Ferry County.
Six businesses in Okanogan County and one in Ferry County are among the applicants. Those businesses are:
- The Roach 420, State Highway 173 #826
- The Green Nugget, 210 Crumbacher Road
- Secret Herb Shop, 360 U.S. Highway 395N.
- Sukhleen LLC, 2020 N. Main St.
- 4US Retail, 32141 U.S. Highway 97
- Green Valley Living, 50 Frontage Road
- Austin Lott, 29 Horizon Flats Road Suite 7
"The application window is closed," Liquor Control Board spokesman Brian Smith said Monday, noting the North-Central Washington list posted may not be fully up-to-date as there is a backlog of applications to be processed.
In Grand Coulee, only Stone Cold Wellness, 1 Spokane Way, has applied to sell recreational marijuana over-the-counter.
Businesses are also seeking licenses in Colville, East Wenatchee, Leavenworth, Monitor and Wenatchee.
The Wenatchee-East Wenatchee area businesses seeking a retail license are:
- Just Breathe, 858 Valley Mall Parkway
- The Happy Crop Shoppe, 50 Rock Island Road
- The Lid, 1931 N.W. Cascade Ave.
- The Happy Crop Shoppe, 1210 N. Wenatchee Ave. Suite J.
Wenatchee is guaranteed at least three retail licenses from among the six allocated to Chelan County. Douglas County is allocated three licenses, with at least one earmarked for the city of East Wenatchee.
As of Monday, 868 businesses had applied statewide; state Liquor Control Board officials previously said up to 334 businesses may get a license to sell. The Liquor Control Board will oversee the licensing.
The application fee for a license is $250 and the license will cost $1,000 annually to renew, state guidelines show.
Washington will become the second state to allow retail sales of recreational marijuana. On Jan. 1, retail sales become legal in Colorado.
Recreational marijuana is expected to be available in retail stores in late May or June, Smith said.
More like this story
- 820 (2015-518, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-513 Oct. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-512 Oct. 7, 14) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-507 Sept. 30, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2015-503 Sept. 30, Oct. 7) NOTICE OF HEARING PUBLIC UTILITY DISTRICT NO. 1 OF OKANOGAN COUNTY 2016 PROPOSED BUDGET
- 820 (2015-490 Sept. 23, 30, Oct. 7) In The Superior Court Of The State Of Washington County of Chelan.
- 820 (2015-456 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-455 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Public Notice
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Town of Twisp Request for Statement of Qualifications
State Department of Fish and Wildlife Sgt. Dan Christensen recorded this video of the release of a mama bear and her three cubs Friday, Sept. 11, 2015. The bears were captured in a tree at Esther Bricques Winery near Ellisforde. The original video was much longer. We've edited out several minutes of footage between the cubs leaving the first trap and the mama and cub leaving the second trap. Enlarge