Sunday, December 29, 2013
WINTHROP Liam Daily won the second annual Poetry Out Loud competition for Liberty Bell High School students.
Claire Waichler finished second.
Kira Cramer won the Independent Learning Center competition.
Daily and Cramer will travel to Spokane on Feb. 6 for the Eastern Washington Regional Poetry Out Loud contest.
The two top finishers there will advance to the state championship in Olympia in March.
The Washington state champion will advance to the Poetry Out Loud National Finals in Washington, D.C., where $50,000 in awards and school stipends will be distributed.
Okanogan High School also runs a Poetry Out Loud competition.
More like this story
- Business Council Chairman Boyd has died
- Do-it-yourself fireworks show in limbo
- Small fires, smoke checks reported
- Colville Tribal election returns too close to call
- Okanogan County ATV ordinance ruled invalid
- New wolf pack confirmed in Ferry County
- Safe 'n' Sane fireworks allowed in part of Omak
- 800 (2016-259 June 15, 22) Superior Court Clerk is requesting proposals
- 800 (2016-262 June 22) Notice of Primary Election
- 800 (2016-266 June 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON,
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge