Sunday, December 29, 2013
WINTHROP Liam Daily won the second annual Poetry Out Loud competition for Liberty Bell High School students.
Claire Waichler finished second.
Kira Cramer won the Independent Learning Center competition.
Daily and Cramer will travel to Spokane on Feb. 6 for the Eastern Washington Regional Poetry Out Loud contest.
The two top finishers there will advance to the state championship in Olympia in March.
The Washington state champion will advance to the Poetry Out Loud National Finals in Washington, D.C., where $50,000 in awards and school stipends will be distributed.
Okanogan High School also runs a Poetry Out Loud competition.
More like this story
- Fire destroys historic house
- Football scores: Three teams stay undefeated
- DNR dropping fire danger rating in Ferry County
- Three of five bears in tree relocated
- PUD sued over new power line
- Suspect charged in Knowlton’s death
- ‘Flash Float’ raises river access awareness
- Bail remains at $750,000 for shooting suspect
- 810 (2016-374 Sept. 21) CITY OF OMAK REQUEST FOR 2017 HOTEL/MOTEL TAX FUNDS
- 820 (2016-368 Sept. 14, 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12, 19) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT
Chronicle News Broadcast for Sept. 21, 2016
Five bears reported in Omak tree, flash mob takes to the Okanogan River, suspect charged with vehicular homicide, and weekly football scores. Enlarge