Sunday, December 29, 2013
WINTHROP Liam Daily won the second annual Poetry Out Loud competition for Liberty Bell High School students.
Claire Waichler finished second.
Kira Cramer won the Independent Learning Center competition.
Daily and Cramer will travel to Spokane on Feb. 6 for the Eastern Washington Regional Poetry Out Loud contest.
The two top finishers there will advance to the state championship in Olympia in March.
The Washington state champion will advance to the Poetry Out Loud National Finals in Washington, D.C., where $50,000 in awards and school stipends will be distributed.
Okanogan High School also runs a Poetry Out Loud competition.
More like this story
- Court denies ATV case review
- Three Devils case heads to appeals court
- Holiday Twinkies recalled
- 810 (2017-009 Jan. 11, 18) REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ)
- 820 (2017-001 Jan. 4, 11)
- 820 (2017-006 Jan. 11) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2017-007 Jan. 11) SMALL WORKS APPLICATIONS
- 820 (2017-008 Jan. 11, 18) Okanogan County Dept. of Public Works NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- Burn ban issued for Okanogan, Stevens counties
- Pearl Jam donates $25,000 to Rail Trail
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge