Sunday, December 29, 2013
WINTHROP Liam Daily won the second annual Poetry Out Loud competition for Liberty Bell High School students.
Claire Waichler finished second.
Kira Cramer won the Independent Learning Center competition.
Daily and Cramer will travel to Spokane on Feb. 6 for the Eastern Washington Regional Poetry Out Loud contest.
The two top finishers there will advance to the state championship in Olympia in March.
The Washington state champion will advance to the Poetry Out Loud National Finals in Washington, D.C., where $50,000 in awards and school stipends will be distributed.
Okanogan High School also runs a Poetry Out Loud competition.
More like this story
- Cascade prevails in kitchen showdown
- Voters approve school levies
- Teen talent hits the stage
- District 5/6 resumes Saturday
- Omak mill operation gets a new owner
- Burn ban extended for parts of Okanogan County
- 820 2016-011 Jan. 20, Feb. 10)
- 800 (2016-012 Jan. 13, 20, 27) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN - JUVENILE
- 800 (2016-024 Jan. 20) Notice of Appeal Hearing SEPA Appeal of DNS for CUP 2015-8 Morgan Septic Lagoon
- 800 (2016-025 Jan. 20) Notice Seeking Comments regarding Juvenile Detention Options