Sunday, December 29, 2013
WINTHROP Liam Daily won the second annual Poetry Out Loud competition for Liberty Bell High School students.
Claire Waichler finished second.
Kira Cramer won the Independent Learning Center competition.
Daily and Cramer will travel to Spokane on Feb. 6 for the Eastern Washington Regional Poetry Out Loud contest.
The two top finishers there will advance to the state championship in Olympia in March.
The Washington state champion will advance to the Poetry Out Loud National Finals in Washington, D.C., where $50,000 in awards and school stipends will be distributed.
Okanogan High School also runs a Poetry Out Loud competition.
More like this story
- North Cascades could reopen Sunday
- Ferry County prepares for storm
- Causes of death: Smoke, burns
- Electricity may be restored tomorrow to Omak flats
- High winds to fan Ferry County fires
- North Star Fire continues burning northward
- Leads sought on homemade bomb in Grant County
- Donation center open to all fire victims
- Red Flag Warning issued for winds, low humidity
- Fire relief center set up in downtown Okanogan
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge