Sunday, December 29, 2013
OROVILLE Humuh Buddhist Life Science/Meditation Center, 1314 Main St., plans spiritual study today, Sunday, and a meditation session on New Year’s Eve.
Satsang spiritual study will be from 10:30-11:30 p.m. today, Sunday, at the center. The session is open to anyone interested.
From 7-8 p.m. New Year’s Eve, people can relax at the center, “and experience the nourishment of tapping into quiet mind and expanded awareness that comes with Clear-Light Living Meditation,” the group said.
Several other community-based New Year’s Eve celebrations and worship services are planned next Tuesday evening.
Other festivities and worship gatherings, by town, include:
Happy Dawg will perform at 9 p.m. for a New Year’s Eve gathering at the Chesaw Tavern, 2045 Chesaw Road.
A DJ and karaoke are planned at 9 p.m. at the Sit ‘n Bull Saloon and Cafe, 308 N. Main St., Conconully.
A New Year’s Eve potluck will be at 6:30 p.m. at the Mazama Community Club, 512 Goat Creek Road. Those attending are asked to bring a dish to share.
• Our Savior Lutheran Church, 2262 Burton Ave., Okanogan, plans a New Year’s Eve service at 7 p.m.
• A New Year’s Eve party is planned for 6 p.m. at the Okanogan Eagles, 1820 N. Second Ave.
The event begins with a pork loin dinner from 6-8 p.m., followed by karaoke with Lady J from 8 p.m. to 1 a.m.
Champagne and snacks will be offered at midnight, and courtesy rides are available.
Admission will be charged.
• A New Year’s Eve party is at 9 p.m. at the Club Sports Bar and Grill, 125 Pine St.
Music is planned.
Valley Lanes, 740 Riverside Drive, Omak, plans three hours of cosmic bowling, with sessions from 6-9 p.m. and 10 p.m. to 1 a.m.
Food, party favors and drawings are planned.
Pateros Trading Co. will host a masquerade ball and buffet dinner from 8:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. at The Central Building events center, 207 Pateros Mall.
“Dress to impress, is what we say,” Rivers Restaurant Manager Theresa Blackburn said. “Everybody’s version is a little different.”
The restaurant will serve a buffet of sirloin, shrimp scampi and several side dishes and appetizers in the events center, which will be decked out in gold, silver and black decor.
Dancing, live music, a champagne toast and a midnight ball-drop are planned, along with the release of “wish lanterns,” also slated for midnight. The lanterns will be provided.
Tickets will be sold up to five hours before the event for an individual or a couple.
A New Year’s Eve party with Honey and the Killer Beez will be from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. at the Twisp River Pub, 201 state Highway 20, Twisp. Admission charged.
• A New Year’s party is planned from 7-10 p.m. at the Winthrop Ice Rink, 208 White Ave.
• Sleigh rides will be at 1 p.m., 2 p.m. and 3 p.m. at Sun Mountain Lodge, 604 Patterson Lake Road, Winthrop. Dinner will be available.
• Live music with You Knew Me When will be from 9:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. at Wolf Creek Bar and Grill at Sun Mountain Lodge, 604 Patterson Lake Road, Winthrop.
There’s no cover charge to hear the husband and wife duo.
The Nashville couple has been on tour since June 2012 throughout the U.S. and Canada.
Their music is described as “a fusion of progressive indie-rock and folky compositions all infused with a myriad of pulsing and stirring beats.”
More like this story
- Two injured in Wilbur crash
- Fired hatchery employees can contest terminations
- Yakima woman dies in Omak crash
- TwispWorks plans fundraiser dinner
- Snake River to open for fall Chinook salmon fishing
- September hearing anticipated for Sinixt hunting caste
- Communications tower proposed for Little Buck Mountain
- Ag department finds female gypsy moths
- First Tuesday event focuses on bluebirds
- Anglers may retain unclipped Chinook on the Entiat River starting Friday, Aug. 18