Sunday, December 29, 2013
OROVILLE Humuh Buddhist Life Science/Meditation Center, 1314 Main St., plans spiritual study today, Sunday, and a meditation session on New Year’s Eve.
Satsang spiritual study will be from 10:30-11:30 p.m. today, Sunday, at the center. The session is open to anyone interested.
From 7-8 p.m. New Year’s Eve, people can relax at the center, “and experience the nourishment of tapping into quiet mind and expanded awareness that comes with Clear-Light Living Meditation,” the group said.
Several other community-based New Year’s Eve celebrations and worship services are planned next Tuesday evening.
Other festivities and worship gatherings, by town, include:
Happy Dawg will perform at 9 p.m. for a New Year’s Eve gathering at the Chesaw Tavern, 2045 Chesaw Road.
A DJ and karaoke are planned at 9 p.m. at the Sit ‘n Bull Saloon and Cafe, 308 N. Main St., Conconully.
A New Year’s Eve potluck will be at 6:30 p.m. at the Mazama Community Club, 512 Goat Creek Road. Those attending are asked to bring a dish to share.
• Our Savior Lutheran Church, 2262 Burton Ave., Okanogan, plans a New Year’s Eve service at 7 p.m.
• A New Year’s Eve party is planned for 6 p.m. at the Okanogan Eagles, 1820 N. Second Ave.
The event begins with a pork loin dinner from 6-8 p.m., followed by karaoke with Lady J from 8 p.m. to 1 a.m.
Champagne and snacks will be offered at midnight, and courtesy rides are available.
Admission will be charged.
• A New Year’s Eve party is at 9 p.m. at the Club Sports Bar and Grill, 125 Pine St.
Music is planned.
Valley Lanes, 740 Riverside Drive, Omak, plans three hours of cosmic bowling, with sessions from 6-9 p.m. and 10 p.m. to 1 a.m.
Food, party favors and drawings are planned.
Pateros Trading Co. will host a masquerade ball and buffet dinner from 8:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. at The Central Building events center, 207 Pateros Mall.
“Dress to impress, is what we say,” Rivers Restaurant Manager Theresa Blackburn said. “Everybody’s version is a little different.”
The restaurant will serve a buffet of sirloin, shrimp scampi and several side dishes and appetizers in the events center, which will be decked out in gold, silver and black decor.
Dancing, live music, a champagne toast and a midnight ball-drop are planned, along with the release of “wish lanterns,” also slated for midnight. The lanterns will be provided.
Tickets will be sold up to five hours before the event for an individual or a couple.
A New Year’s Eve party with Honey and the Killer Beez will be from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. at the Twisp River Pub, 201 state Highway 20, Twisp. Admission charged.
• A New Year’s party is planned from 7-10 p.m. at the Winthrop Ice Rink, 208 White Ave.
• Sleigh rides will be at 1 p.m., 2 p.m. and 3 p.m. at Sun Mountain Lodge, 604 Patterson Lake Road, Winthrop. Dinner will be available.
• Live music with You Knew Me When will be from 9:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. at Wolf Creek Bar and Grill at Sun Mountain Lodge, 604 Patterson Lake Road, Winthrop.
There’s no cover charge to hear the husband and wife duo.
The Nashville couple has been on tour since June 2012 throughout the U.S. and Canada.
Their music is described as “a fusion of progressive indie-rock and folky compositions all infused with a myriad of pulsing and stirring beats.”
- Electricity may be restored tomorrow to Omak flatsElectricity should be restored by late Friday to areas of the Omak flats and Riverside Cutoff, Greenacres and Johnson Creek ...
- High winds to fan Ferry County firesIntense fire behavior is expected today throughout Ferry County as officials from the National Weather Service are predicting high winds ...
- North Star Fire continues burning northwardThe North Star Fire, burning mostly on the Colville Indian Reservation, has blackened 170,000 acres of forest, brush and grass.
- Leads sought on homemade bomb in Grant CountyA homemade explosive device found along a road Wednesday evening was neutralized by the Richland Police Bomb Squad and Grant ...
More like this story
- Electricity may be restored tomorrow to Omak flats
- High winds to fan Ferry County fires
- North Star Fire continues burning northward
- Leads sought on homemade bomb in Grant County
- Donation center open to all fire victims
- Red Flag Warning issued for winds, low humidity
- Fire relief center set up in downtown Okanogan
- North Star Fire continues, more evacuation notices issued
- Okanogan Complex now 17 percent contained
- Carpenter Road Fire grows 457 acres overnight
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge