Wednesday, December 25, 2013
NESPELEM The Colville Confederated Tribes is seeking proposals from architectural/engineering firms for design work in rebuilding the Nez Perce Longhouse.
Proposals are sought until Jan. 16 for the proposed 13,000-square-foot building.
The longhouse burned to the ground just after midnight Dec. 26, 2012. An electrical malfunction was blamed.
The wooden building, which was owned by the tribe, was on state Highway 155 southeast of the Colville agency campus.
It was owned by the tribe and contained a number of relics and artifacts belonging to the Nez Perce band of the tribe, including sacred drums passed down through several generations.
The building served as a place for weddings, funerals, name-giving ceremonies, memorials, rejoinings, birthdays, meetings and language classes.
The tribe bought the building in April 2005 from family ownership with the intention of rebuilding the longhouse in its original 1911 image.
Architectural/engineering proposals are to include programming, site analysis, schematic design, design development, construction and bid phase services.
State-licensed architectural/engineering firms are sought.
More like this story
- 820 (2015-518, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-513 Oct. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-512 Oct. 7, 14) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-507 Sept. 30, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2015-503 Sept. 30, Oct. 7) NOTICE OF HEARING PUBLIC UTILITY DISTRICT NO. 1 OF OKANOGAN COUNTY 2016 PROPOSED BUDGET
- 820 (2015-490 Sept. 23, 30, Oct. 7) In The Superior Court Of The State Of Washington County of Chelan.
- 820 (2015-456 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-455 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Public Notice
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Town of Twisp Request for Statement of Qualifications
State Department of Fish and Wildlife Sgt. Dan Christensen recorded this video of the release of a mama bear and her three cubs Friday, Sept. 11, 2015. The bears were captured in a tree at Esther Bricques Winery near Ellisforde. The original video was much longer. We've edited out several minutes of footage between the cubs leaving the first trap and the mama and cub leaving the second trap. Enlarge