Wednesday, December 25, 2013
NESPELEM The Colville Confederated Tribes is seeking proposals from architectural/engineering firms for design work in rebuilding the Nez Perce Longhouse.
Proposals are sought until Jan. 16 for the proposed 13,000-square-foot building.
The longhouse burned to the ground just after midnight Dec. 26, 2012. An electrical malfunction was blamed.
The wooden building, which was owned by the tribe, was on state Highway 155 southeast of the Colville agency campus.
It was owned by the tribe and contained a number of relics and artifacts belonging to the Nez Perce band of the tribe, including sacred drums passed down through several generations.
The building served as a place for weddings, funerals, name-giving ceremonies, memorials, rejoinings, birthdays, meetings and language classes.
The tribe bought the building in April 2005 from family ownership with the intention of rebuilding the longhouse in its original 1911 image.
Architectural/engineering proposals are to include programming, site analysis, schematic design, design development, construction and bid phase services.
State-licensed architectural/engineering firms are sought.
More like this story
- Tonasket basketball coach reinstated
- Mumps case reported in Okanogan County
- 820 (2017-011 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 1, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-013 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 01, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-021 Jan. 25, Feb. 01, 08, 15, 22, March 01) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2017-035 Feb. 15, 22) ADVERTISEMENT FOR BID TOWN OF TWISP - PUBLIC WORKS SHOP
- 820 (2017-039 Feb. 15, 22) Notice is hereby given that WDFW of Olympia WA filed an application
- 820 (2017-040 Feb. 22, March 1, 8) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2017-041 Feb. 22, March 1) BOARD MEMBER NEEDED!
- 820 (2017-042 Feb. 22) MEETING NOTICE