Wednesday, December 25, 2013
TONASKET Boise Cascade Wood Products, of Kettle Falls, was the apparent high bidder for timber that was harvested from the Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest.
The U.S. Forest Service accepted sealed bids for a timber sale Dec. 17 that will result in more than 9 million board feet being harvested from the Tonasket Ranger District.
The timber will be harvested from project sites near Aeneas Mountain, about 15 miles northeast of Omak.
Timber value is determined in a manner similar to home appraisals. U.S. Forest Service personnel develop an advertised rate for the timber sale based upon similar sales sold the past 12 months on Eastern Washington national forests. Annual timber targets for the Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest the past decade have ranged between 35 and 50 million board feet.
More like this story
- (2014-061 Jan. 29) NATIONAL FOREST TIMBER SALE OKANOGAN-WENATCHEE NATIONAL FOREST
- Boom harvest year for timber sales on IDL lands: County sales: 18MBF valued at $3.8 million
- (2014-206 April 16) NATIONAL FOREST TIMBER FOR SALE OKANOGAN-WENATCHEE NATIONAL FOREST
- 820 (2015-239 May 6) NATIONAL FOREST TIMBER FOR SALE OKANOGAN-WENATCHEE NATIONAL FOREST
- 820 (2015-218 April 29) NATIONAL FOREST TIMBER FOR SALE OKANOGAN-WENATCHEE NATIONAL FOREST
- Lightning sparks several small fires
- Results for the Tonasket Truck and Tractor Pull announced
- 820 (2016-322 July 20, 27) STATE OF WASHINGTON DEPARTMENT OF ECOLOGY
- 820 (2016-310 July 13, 20, 27) SUPERIOR COURT, STATE OF WASHINGTON, COUNTY OF SPOKANE
- 320 (2016-317 July 27, Aug. 3) OMAK SCHOOL DISTRICT SURPLUS SALE
- 820 (2016-320 July 27) LEGAL NOTICE
- 820 (2016-323 July 20, 27, Aug. 3) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-328 July 20, 27, Aug. 3) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND
- 820 (2016-330 July 27, Aug. 3, 10) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR
- 820 (2016-331 July 27, Aug. 3) INVITATION FOR RE-BIDS
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge