Tuesday, December 24, 2013
MOLSON Santa Claus is coming town, but where exactly is the jolly old elf at this precise moment?
The North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) tracks Santa’s flight path as he travels the world delivering presents Christmas Eve, so parents can get those naughty and nice children off to bed before St. Nick comes sliding down their chimneys.
People who are interested can keep tabs on Santa at www.noradsanta.org.
NORAD tracks Santa, but only the jolly old elf knows his flight path, so the agency cannot predict where he’s headed.
“We do, however, know from history that it appears he arrives only when children are asleep,” the agency said.
“If children are awake when Santa arrives, he moves on to other houses. He returns … but only when the children are asleep.”
In most countries, Santa arrives between 9 p.m. and midnight Dec. 24, the agency said.
As of 1:40 p.m. Pacific Time, Santa was heading for Cape Town, South Africa, and had already delivered more than 3.1 billion presents.
NORAD and its predecessor, the Continental Air Defense Command, have been tracking Santa since 1958.
More like this story
- 820 (2015-518, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-513 Oct. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-512 Oct. 7, 14) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-507 Sept. 30, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2015-503 Sept. 30, Oct. 7) NOTICE OF HEARING PUBLIC UTILITY DISTRICT NO. 1 OF OKANOGAN COUNTY 2016 PROPOSED BUDGET
- 820 (2015-490 Sept. 23, 30, Oct. 7) In The Superior Court Of The State Of Washington County of Chelan.
- 820 (2015-456 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-455 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Public Notice
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Town of Twisp Request for Statement of Qualifications
State Department of Fish and Wildlife Sgt. Dan Christensen recorded this video of the release of a mama bear and her three cubs Friday, Sept. 11, 2015. The bears were captured in a tree at Esther Bricques Winery near Ellisforde. The original video was much longer. We've edited out several minutes of footage between the cubs leaving the first trap and the mama and cub leaving the second trap. Enlarge