Tuesday, December 24, 2013
MOLSON Santa Claus is coming town, but where exactly is the jolly old elf at this precise moment?
The North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) tracks Santa’s flight path as he travels the world delivering presents Christmas Eve, so parents can get those naughty and nice children off to bed before St. Nick comes sliding down their chimneys.
People who are interested can keep tabs on Santa at www.noradsanta.org.
NORAD tracks Santa, but only the jolly old elf knows his flight path, so the agency cannot predict where he’s headed.
“We do, however, know from history that it appears he arrives only when children are asleep,” the agency said.
“If children are awake when Santa arrives, he moves on to other houses. He returns … but only when the children are asleep.”
In most countries, Santa arrives between 9 p.m. and midnight Dec. 24, the agency said.
As of 1:40 p.m. Pacific Time, Santa was heading for Cape Town, South Africa, and had already delivered more than 3.1 billion presents.
NORAD and its predecessor, the Continental Air Defense Command, have been tracking Santa since 1958.
More like this story
- 820 (2016-368 Sept. 14, 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12, 19) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT
- 820 (2016-372 Sept. 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12) IN THE TRIBAL COURT OF THE CONFEDERATED TRIBES OF THE
- 820 (2016-373 Sept. 21, 28) Town of Conconully Call for Bids
- 820 (2016-376 Sept. 28, Oct. 5) NOTICE OF HEARING
- 820 (2016-381 Sept. 28) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-382 Sept. 28) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-386 Sept. 28, Oct. 5, 12) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON COUNTY OF CHELAN
- 800 (2016-377 Sept. 28) Notice of General Election Okanogan County, State of Washington
- 810 (2016-371 Sept. 28) STREET CLOSURE
- 810 (2016-378 Sept. 28) CITY OF OKANOGAN
Chronicle News Broadcast for Sept. 28, 2016
A Ferry County woman claims a wolf attacked her small dog, a motorhome catches fire on Highway 97, a ground breaking ceremony is planned for an Omak Stampede Museum, a look at your weekend weather, and weekly sports repor Enlarge