Tuesday, December 24, 2013
MOLSON Santa Claus is coming town, but where exactly is the jolly old elf at this precise moment?
The North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) tracks Santa’s flight path as he travels the world delivering presents Christmas Eve, so parents can get those naughty and nice children off to bed before St. Nick comes sliding down their chimneys.
People who are interested can keep tabs on Santa at www.noradsanta.org.
NORAD tracks Santa, but only the jolly old elf knows his flight path, so the agency cannot predict where he’s headed.
“We do, however, know from history that it appears he arrives only when children are asleep,” the agency said.
“If children are awake when Santa arrives, he moves on to other houses. He returns … but only when the children are asleep.”
In most countries, Santa arrives between 9 p.m. and midnight Dec. 24, the agency said.
As of 1:40 p.m. Pacific Time, Santa was heading for Cape Town, South Africa, and had already delivered more than 3.1 billion presents.
NORAD and its predecessor, the Continental Air Defense Command, have been tracking Santa since 1958.
More like this story
- PUD to decide yay or nay on Enloe
- County has cash flow problem
- Tonasket wants to annex land south of town
- Drug bust lands eight people in jail
- Okanogan school levy falling short of 60 percent
- 800 (2016-173 April 27, May 4) Notice of Public Hearing
- 800 (2016-175 April 27) Mooney SP 2016-2 Application and SEPA Exemption
- 800 (2016-176 April 27) Jackass SP 2016-1 Application and SEPA Exemption
- 800 (2016-177 April 27) Yakama Nation Twisp Ponds Project, SEPA 2016-1 Final SEPA Determination
- 800 (2016-178 April 27) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge