Tuesday, December 24, 2013
MOLSON Santa Claus is coming town, but where exactly is the jolly old elf at this precise moment?
The North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) tracks Santa’s flight path as he travels the world delivering presents Christmas Eve, so parents can get those naughty and nice children off to bed before St. Nick comes sliding down their chimneys.
People who are interested can keep tabs on Santa at www.noradsanta.org.
NORAD tracks Santa, but only the jolly old elf knows his flight path, so the agency cannot predict where he’s headed.
“We do, however, know from history that it appears he arrives only when children are asleep,” the agency said.
“If children are awake when Santa arrives, he moves on to other houses. He returns … but only when the children are asleep.”
In most countries, Santa arrives between 9 p.m. and midnight Dec. 24, the agency said.
As of 1:40 p.m. Pacific Time, Santa was heading for Cape Town, South Africa, and had already delivered more than 3.1 billion presents.
NORAD and its predecessor, the Continental Air Defense Command, have been tracking Santa since 1958.
More like this story
- Okanogan returns to state 2B title game
- 810 (2015-472 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) City of Omak
- 810 (2015-562 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) INVITATION TO BID
- 810 (2015-613 Nov. 18, 25) At the regular council meeting of November 10, 2015
- 810 (2015-626 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) Notice is hereby given that the Town of Riverside, Washington
- 810 (2015-627 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) A public meeting for the 2016 Budget
- 810 (2015-628 Nov. 25) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OKANOGAN CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2015-629 Nov. 25) CITY OF OKANOGAN NOTICE OF STREET CLOSURE NOTICE
- 810 (2015-630 Nov. 25) SUMMARY OF RESOLUTION No. 39-2015 OF THE City of Omak, Washington.
- 810 (2015-632 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING