Tuesday, December 24, 2013
NESPELEM The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has called for burn bans on the Colville, Yakama and Spokane Indian reservations.
Stagnant air conditions and elevated monitor readings continue to occur for areas east of the Cascades. The conditions are projected to continue for the next several days.
The burn bans will be in place through Thursday, when they will be reviewed.
The burn ban applies to all outdoor and agricultural burning, including camping and recreational fires within reservation boundaries. Ceremonial and traditional fires are exempt from the outdoor burn ban.
The Environmental Protection Agency asks reservation residents to reduce all sources of air pollution, including excess driving and idling of vehicles, and the use of wood stoves and fireplaces unless it is a home’s only source of heat.
A similar state burn ban will go into effect this afternoon, Tuesday, for nine Eastern Washington counties: Okanogan, Ferry, Kittitas, Chelan, Douglas, Stevens, Pend Oreille, Asotin and Walla Walla.
The state ban will continue until at least 4 p.m. Friday.
- Tonasket basketball coach reinstatedTonasket High School basketball coach Kevin Landdeck has been reinstated through the end of the season.
- Mumps case reported in Okanogan CountyOKANOGAN - Health officials have confirmed one adult case of the Mumps in Okanogan County, according to a release from ...
More like this story
- Tonasket basketball coach reinstated
- Mumps case reported in Okanogan County
- 820 (2017-011 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 1, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-013 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 01, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-021 Jan. 25, Feb. 01, 08, 15, 22, March 01) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2017-035 Feb. 15, 22) ADVERTISEMENT FOR BID TOWN OF TWISP - PUBLIC WORKS SHOP
- 820 (2017-039 Feb. 15, 22) Notice is hereby given that WDFW of Olympia WA filed an application
- 820 (2017-040 Feb. 22, March 1, 8) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2017-041 Feb. 22, March 1) BOARD MEMBER NEEDED!
- 820 (2017-042 Feb. 22) MEETING NOTICE