Tuesday, December 24, 2013
NESPELEM The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has called for burn bans on the Colville, Yakama and Spokane Indian reservations.
Stagnant air conditions and elevated monitor readings continue to occur for areas east of the Cascades. The conditions are projected to continue for the next several days.
The burn bans will be in place through Thursday, when they will be reviewed.
The burn ban applies to all outdoor and agricultural burning, including camping and recreational fires within reservation boundaries. Ceremonial and traditional fires are exempt from the outdoor burn ban.
The Environmental Protection Agency asks reservation residents to reduce all sources of air pollution, including excess driving and idling of vehicles, and the use of wood stoves and fireplaces unless it is a home’s only source of heat.
A similar state burn ban will go into effect this afternoon, Tuesday, for nine Eastern Washington counties: Okanogan, Ferry, Kittitas, Chelan, Douglas, Stevens, Pend Oreille, Asotin and Walla Walla.
The state ban will continue until at least 4 p.m. Friday.
More like this story
- 820 (2016-438 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE
- 820 (2016-439 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE OF
- 820 (2016-444 Nov. 9, 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-446 Nov. 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2016-456 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-466 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-472 Nov. 30, Dec. 7) NORTH CENTRAL REGIONAL LIBRARY NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2016-473 Dec. 7, 14) Notice of Impact Aid Public Hearing
- 820 (2016-474 Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-475 Dec. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge