Monday, December 23, 2013
TONASKET Tonasket put together strong showings in high school wrestling last week.
The Chronicle covered in Wednesday’s edition Tonasket winning the Okanogan Invitational on Saturday with some of its wrestlers and sent other wrestlers to Tri-State in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho.
Tonasket also blew away Kettle Falls, 58-19, in a dual meet Dec. 18.
“What a great weekend for Tonasket wrestling,” Tonasket coach Dave Mitchell said.
The Tigers finished 39th out of 60 teams at Tri-State.
“We had two Tonasket wrestlers place in the Top 8 at Tri-State,” Mitchell said.
Collin Aitcheson finished sixth at 120 pounds.
John Rawley finished eighth at 195 pounds.
At Okanogan, Frank Holfelz took first at 195 pounds.
Placing second were Rade Pilkinton at 113, Devin Walton at 120, Zion Butler at 132, Austin Rimestad at 138 and Dallas Tyus at 160.
At Kettle Falls, “there was a great crowd on hand and we wrestled very well,” Mitchell said.
Wrestlers with pins were Dyllan Walton at 132, Jorge Juarez at 138, Zach Lofthus at 145, Dallas Tyus at 160, John Rawley at 220 and Chad Edwards at 285. Vance Frazier at 106 won his match 10-2.
Tonasket returns to action Saturday at 10 a.m. at the Royal City Tournament.
More like this story
- Donations sought for Wellpinit fire victims
- Pickens North wildfire reaches 600 acres
- Crews work to line Pickens North fire
- 820 (2016-349 Aug. 24, 31) CALL for BIDS-BID No. 418-16
- Opening arguments start in Alltus murder case
- 810 (2016-346 Aug. 17, 24) NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
- (2016-336 Aug. 10, 17, 24) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-347 Aug. 24)Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority
- 820 (2016-348 Aug. 24) Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority Board
- Meteorologists issue red flag warning
Live wildfire coverage
Pickens Mountain fire near Split Rock Road in Havillah. Footage filmed live on location 8/24/16 Enlarge