Sunday, December 22, 2013
OKANOGAN More than 300 new and gently used toys were collected by Okanogan High School National Honor Society members and donated to Okanogan County Community Action.
The students collected “boxes and boxes and boxes” of toys, adviser Trisha Bradley said. About a third of the toys were collected during the middle-high school concert last Wednesday.
Along with commercially made toys and games, the donations included several wooden trucks made by members of Andy Knutson’s middle school wood shop class.
The group also collected more than 75 rolls of gift wrap and 30 rolls of tape.
Community Action Executive Director Lael Duncan said the toys will be distributed Monday morning to her agency’s clients.
Toys and presents collected by Kinross Gold Corp. employees also will be given.
“The community really turns out at Christmas time,” she said.
More like this story
- Merc welcomes author Armstrong
- Community engagement is Methow fair’s theme
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Start them young
- Training exercise planned
- Delayed opener predicted for North Cascades Highway
- Games must go on
- UW students spend break working with youngsters
- Gas prices remain stable; price increases expected
- Growers meet with lawmakers
- Breakfast bill gets Steele amendments