Sunday, December 22, 2013
OKANOGAN More than 300 new and gently used toys were collected by Okanogan High School National Honor Society members and donated to Okanogan County Community Action.
The students collected “boxes and boxes and boxes” of toys, adviser Trisha Bradley said. About a third of the toys were collected during the middle-high school concert last Wednesday.
Along with commercially made toys and games, the donations included several wooden trucks made by members of Andy Knutson’s middle school wood shop class.
The group also collected more than 75 rolls of gift wrap and 30 rolls of tape.
Community Action Executive Director Lael Duncan said the toys will be distributed Monday morning to her agency’s clients.
Toys and presents collected by Kinross Gold Corp. employees also will be given.
“The community really turns out at Christmas time,” she said.
More like this story
- Tonasket basketball coach reinstated
- Mumps case reported in Okanogan County
- 820 (2017-011 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 1, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-013 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 01, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-021 Jan. 25, Feb. 01, 08, 15, 22, March 01) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2017-035 Feb. 15, 22) ADVERTISEMENT FOR BID TOWN OF TWISP - PUBLIC WORKS SHOP
- 820 (2017-039 Feb. 15, 22) Notice is hereby given that WDFW of Olympia WA filed an application
- 820 (2017-040 Feb. 22, March 1, 8) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2017-041 Feb. 22, March 1) BOARD MEMBER NEEDED!
- 820 (2017-042 Feb. 22) MEETING NOTICE