Sunday, December 22, 2013
OKANOGAN More than 300 new and gently used toys were collected by Okanogan High School National Honor Society members and donated to Okanogan County Community Action.
The students collected “boxes and boxes and boxes” of toys, adviser Trisha Bradley said. About a third of the toys were collected during the middle-high school concert last Wednesday.
Along with commercially made toys and games, the donations included several wooden trucks made by members of Andy Knutson’s middle school wood shop class.
The group also collected more than 75 rolls of gift wrap and 30 rolls of tape.
Community Action Executive Director Lael Duncan said the toys will be distributed Monday morning to her agency’s clients.
Toys and presents collected by Kinross Gold Corp. employees also will be given.
“The community really turns out at Christmas time,” she said.
More like this story
- Week 5 football scores: Lake Roosevelt rolls past Oroville
- 820 (2016-368 Sept. 14, 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12, 19) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT
- 820 (2016-372 Sept. 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12) IN THE TRIBAL COURT OF THE CONFEDERATED TRIBES OF THE
- 820 (2016-373 Sept. 21, 28) Town of Conconully Call for Bids
- 820 (2016-376 Sept. 28, Oct. 5) NOTICE OF HEARING
- 820 (2016-381 Sept. 28) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-382 Sept. 28) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-386 Sept. 28, Oct. 5, 12) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON COUNTY OF CHELAN
- 800 (2016-377 Sept. 28) Notice of General Election Okanogan County, State of Washington
- 810 (2016-371 Sept. 28) STREET CLOSURE
Chronicle News Broadcast for Sept. 28, 2016
A Ferry County woman claims a wolf attacked her small dog, a motorhome catches fire on Highway 97, a ground breaking ceremony is planned for an Omak Stampede Museum, a look at your weekend weather, and weekly sports repor Enlarge