Sunday, December 22, 2013
OROVILLE U.S. Customs and Border Protection is reminding travelers planning trips across the border into to make sure they have their proper documents and to anticipate heavy traffic.
The agency encourages travelers to plan trips in advance and obtain a radio frequency identification-enabled travel document, such as an Enhanced Driver’s License/Enhanced Identification Card or Trusted Traveler Program card to expedite their entry and make future border crossings more efficient.
Officials also suggested using less-traveled ports of entry to cut down on waiting time.
Travelers should not attempt to bring fruits, meats and dairy/poultry products into the U.S. from Canada without first checking on whether they are permitted. A “Know Before You Go” tip sheet is at available online. Those taking presents across the border are asked to make sure wrappings do not obstruct inspection of the items. Customs officials suggest leaving one end of the package open for inspection or wrapping the gift at the final destination.
A downloadable checklist can be accessed via smartphone or other device to help when traveling internationally.
More like this story
- 820 (2016-322 July 20, 27) STATE OF WASHINGTON DEPARTMENT OF ECOLOGY
- 820 (2016-310 July 13, 20, 27) SUPERIOR COURT, STATE OF WASHINGTON, COUNTY OF SPOKANE
- 320 (2016-317 July 27, Aug. 3) OMAK SCHOOL DISTRICT SURPLUS SALE
- 820 (2016-320 July 27) LEGAL NOTICE
- 820 (2016-323 July 20, 27, Aug. 3) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-328 July 20, 27, Aug. 3) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND
- 820 (2016-330 July 27, Aug. 3, 10) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR
- 820 (2016-331 July 27, Aug. 3) INVITATION FOR RE-BIDS
- 820 (2016-332 July 27, Aug. 3) NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
- 820 (2016-313 July 13, 20, 27, Aug. 3) IRS JUDICIAL AUCTION SALE
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge