Friday, December 20, 2013
OMAK A scattering of snow began to fall in town Friday, creating a thin layer of slick accumulation on the streets by noon.
The National Weather Service said total daytime snow accumulation of around an inch could be possible.
The forecast calls for dry weather Saturday and Sunday with highs of 30 degrees.
There is a 20 percent chance of snow Sunday night and Monday, the Weather Service said.
This marks a considerably drier December than most years in the past. By this time last year, 24 inches of snow had fallen in the Conconully area, Weather Service statistics show.
Omak-specific data was unavailable.
The last time the Omak area had a Christmas without snow was 2002, the Weather Service reported.
More like this story
- Donations sought for Wellpinit fire victims
- Pickens North wildfire reaches 600 acres
- Crews work to line Pickens North fire
- 820 (2016-349 Aug. 24, 31) CALL for BIDS-BID No. 418-16
- Opening arguments start in Alltus murder case
- 810 (2016-346 Aug. 17, 24) NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
- (2016-336 Aug. 10, 17, 24) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-347 Aug. 24)Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority
- 820 (2016-348 Aug. 24) Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority Board
- Meteorologists issue red flag warning
Live wildfire coverage
Pickens Mountain fire near Split Rock Road in Havillah. Footage filmed live on location 8/24/16 Enlarge