Friday, December 20, 2013
OMAK A scattering of snow began to fall in town Friday, creating a thin layer of slick accumulation on the streets by noon.
The National Weather Service said total daytime snow accumulation of around an inch could be possible.
The forecast calls for dry weather Saturday and Sunday with highs of 30 degrees.
There is a 20 percent chance of snow Sunday night and Monday, the Weather Service said.
This marks a considerably drier December than most years in the past. By this time last year, 24 inches of snow had fallen in the Conconully area, Weather Service statistics show.
Omak-specific data was unavailable.
The last time the Omak area had a Christmas without snow was 2002, the Weather Service reported.
More like this story
- Fishing to open for hatchery steelhead, rainbows
- Federal help sought for fire recovery
- Legislator calls for fight against McCleary
- Family Faire wraps up today
- Friday football scores: Okanogan wins big
- 820 (2015-518, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-513 Oct. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-512 Oct. 7, 14) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-507 Sept. 30, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2015-503 Sept. 30, Oct. 7) NOTICE OF HEARING PUBLIC UTILITY DISTRICT NO. 1 OF OKANOGAN COUNTY 2016 PROPOSED BUDGET
State Department of Fish and Wildlife Sgt. Dan Christensen recorded this video of the release of a mama bear and her three cubs Friday, Sept. 11, 2015. The bears were captured in a tree at Esther Bricques Winery near Ellisforde. The original video was much longer. We've edited out several minutes of footage between the cubs leaving the first trap and the mama and cub leaving the second trap. Enlarge