Friday, December 20, 2013
OMAK A scattering of snow began to fall in town Friday, creating a thin layer of slick accumulation on the streets by noon.
The National Weather Service said total daytime snow accumulation of around an inch could be possible.
The forecast calls for dry weather Saturday and Sunday with highs of 30 degrees.
There is a 20 percent chance of snow Sunday night and Monday, the Weather Service said.
This marks a considerably drier December than most years in the past. By this time last year, 24 inches of snow had fallen in the Conconully area, Weather Service statistics show.
Omak-specific data was unavailable.
The last time the Omak area had a Christmas without snow was 2002, the Weather Service reported.
More like this story
- Okanogan returns to state 2B title game
- 810 (2015-472 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) City of Omak
- 810 (2015-562 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) INVITATION TO BID
- 810 (2015-613 Nov. 18, 25) At the regular council meeting of November 10, 2015
- 810 (2015-626 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) Notice is hereby given that the Town of Riverside, Washington
- 810 (2015-627 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) A public meeting for the 2016 Budget
- 810 (2015-628 Nov. 25) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OKANOGAN CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2015-629 Nov. 25) CITY OF OKANOGAN NOTICE OF STREET CLOSURE NOTICE
- 810 (2015-630 Nov. 25) SUMMARY OF RESOLUTION No. 39-2015 OF THE City of Omak, Washington.
- 810 (2015-632 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING