Friday, December 20, 2013
OMAK A scattering of snow began to fall in town Friday, creating a thin layer of slick accumulation on the streets by noon.
The National Weather Service said total daytime snow accumulation of around an inch could be possible.
The forecast calls for dry weather Saturday and Sunday with highs of 30 degrees.
There is a 20 percent chance of snow Sunday night and Monday, the Weather Service said.
This marks a considerably drier December than most years in the past. By this time last year, 24 inches of snow had fallen in the Conconully area, Weather Service statistics show.
Omak-specific data was unavailable.
The last time the Omak area had a Christmas without snow was 2002, the Weather Service reported.
More like this story
- 800 (2016-266 June 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON,
- 800 (2016-296 June 29, July 6) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 800 (2016-300 June 29) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-293 June 29) Okanogan County Public Works
- 800 (2016-301 June 29) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-302 June 29) Notice of Public Hearing Code Amendment 2015-1 Revised Zone Code OCC 17A
- 800 (2016-303 June 29) Notice of Public Hearing
- 800 (2016-304 June 29) Public Hearing Notice
- 800 (2016-306 June 29) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 810 (2016-285 June 22, 29) City of Oroville
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge