Wednesday, December 18, 2013
OMAK Dreaming of a white Christmas?
It may be only a wish this year since only a small winter front is expected to move through North-Central Washington between now and Dec. 25.
"It looks like Friday will be your best bet," meteorologist Steven Van Horn said Wednesday from the National Weather Service station in Spokane. "We are forecasting a little bit of snow, may an inch or so to an inch-and-a-half. That's about it."
By Christmas day last year, about 24 inches of snow had fallen in the Conconully area, Weather Service statistics show. Omak-specific data was unavailable.
The last time the Omak-area had a Christmas without snow was 2002, the Weather Service reported.
But even if it snows Friday, a white holiday may only be something on your Christmas wish list as warmer temperatures are expected over the weekend, the Van Horn said. Highs Sunday and Monday are expected to be in the low- to mid-30s.
Outside the Okanogan Valley, there's a better chance of having a white Christmas.
According to the National Weather Service forecast, "snow will be the dominate weather-type Friday."
Snow is expected to accumulate along the Cascades and the northeast and southeast portions of the state, the Weather Service said. But here in North-Central Washington, the chance for snow is "lowest from the Okanogan Valley southward..."
More like this story
- 820 (2015-518, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-513 Oct. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-512 Oct. 7, 14) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-507 Sept. 30, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2015-503 Sept. 30, Oct. 7) NOTICE OF HEARING PUBLIC UTILITY DISTRICT NO. 1 OF OKANOGAN COUNTY 2016 PROPOSED BUDGET
- 820 (2015-490 Sept. 23, 30, Oct. 7) In The Superior Court Of The State Of Washington County of Chelan.
- 820 (2015-456 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-455 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Public Notice
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Town of Twisp Request for Statement of Qualifications
State Department of Fish and Wildlife Sgt. Dan Christensen recorded this video of the release of a mama bear and her three cubs Friday, Sept. 11, 2015. The bears were captured in a tree at Esther Bricques Winery near Ellisforde. The original video was much longer. We've edited out several minutes of footage between the cubs leaving the first trap and the mama and cub leaving the second trap. Enlarge