Wednesday, December 18, 2013
As we count down to the holidays and a new year and a new legislative session, we have been busier than ever, finding innovative and cost-effective ways to better serve the people of Washington.
Even though many of our signature programs are considered among the finest in the country, we are striving to get even better every day – and I appreciate your support and your interest in the work of the Office of the Secretary of State. It is a real privilege to serve you all.
“Service excellence” is one of our core values, and I’m seeing it demonstrated in so many ways:
• An Elections Division that helped counties report general election returns faster on election night.
• A Washington State Library that partnered with Microsoft to provide free information technology training for all of our state residents. The State Library just turned 160, but this is not your grandfather’s library. We’re showing an exciting new forward-thinking way to use technology to directly benefit people and their libraries across the state.
• Our team that developed a terrific proposal for co-locating the Washington State Archives and State Library on or near the Capitol campus, to better serve visitors and patrons and to solve a looming problem of being out of space.
• Our legacy team that rebranded our history projects as Legacy Washington, with a portal for easy, free online access to library, archives, oral history, state history, civics curriculum and other helpful resources.
• A Corporations and Charities Division that efficiently and effectively handled thousands of inquiries and filings from our business community and charities. The division is developing a new capacity for online service.
And the list goes on. As always, I welcome your feedback and your suggestions. We listen.
Kim Wyman is the Washington Secretary of State. She can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- School officials get earful
- School bond issues going down in defeat
- Ice storm brings closures, hazardous travel
- School delays, closures planned
- 810 (2017-036 Feb. 15) CITY OF OKANOGAN, WASHINGTON ORDINANCE NO. 1173
- 810 (2017-037 Feb. 15) CITY OF OKANOGAN, WASHINGTON ORDINANCE NO. 1172
- 820 (2017-011 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 1, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-013 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 01, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-021 Jan. 25, Feb. 01, 08, 15, 22, March 01) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2017-023 Feb. 1, 08, 15) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY