Wednesday, December 18, 2013
OMAK A four-person team of eighth-graders finished 10th in the master level Math is Cool competition in Moses Lake.
The team qualified during a regional competition in Spokane in November. No other teams from Okanogan or Ferry counties competed at the masters tournament, Omak coach Randy Langseth said.
“Competitors came from all around the state, so the competition was really tough,” Langseth said.
Omak’s top individuals at the Spokane competition were eighth-grader Gideon Bolton and seventh-grader Bradon Maple. The seventh-grade team did not qualify for the masters competition.
In the masters competition, the eighth-grade team earned 63 points. St. Bernadette Catholic School, in Seattle, placed first at 113.
Other Eastern Washington masters competitors were Ephrata, sixth, 87; Freeman, seventh, 82.5; Quincy, eighth, 80.5; The Oaks, Spokane, ninth, 67; Royal, 11th, 55.5, and Kettle Falls, 12th, 50.
The masters competition had three divisions for each grade level, elite and divisions I and II. Omak was a division II competitor.
Han Pfung was Omak’s highest-placing individual, placing 47th out of 119 with a score of 40 in the algebra I category.
Everyone competed for the individual and mental math scores, and then collectively competed in team competitions such as college bowl, pressure round, team test and multiple-choice test, Langseth said.
More like this story
- 820 (2016-438 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE
- 820 (2016-439 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE OF
- 820 (2016-444 Nov. 9, 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-446 Nov. 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2016-456 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-466 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-472 Nov. 30, Dec. 7) NORTH CENTRAL REGIONAL LIBRARY NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2016-473 Dec. 7, 14) Notice of Impact Aid Public Hearing
- 820 (2016-474 Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-475 Dec. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge