Wednesday, December 18, 2013
OMAK A Saturday night report of a man with a gunshot wound to the head turned out to be a man who hit his head and then collapsed on a downtown street.
Omak Police Department, the fire department and LifeLine Ambulance were called just before 10:30 p.m. to Main Street and Central Avenue.
They found the man, 48-year-old David Zacherle of Omak.
Police Chief Larry Schreckengast said the man apparently had been on the riverbank under the Central Avenue bridge when he fell and hit his head on a rock.
The man apparently climbed to street level, and someone saw him and thought he’d been shot, Schreckengast said.
He apparently was not seriously injured.
The call came in at 10:24 p.m.
More like this story
- PUD to decide yay or nay on Enloe
- County has cash flow problem
- Tonasket wants to annex land south of town
- Drug bust lands eight people in jail
- Okanogan school levy falling short of 60 percent
- 800 (2016-173 April 27, May 4) Notice of Public Hearing
- 800 (2016-175 April 27) Mooney SP 2016-2 Application and SEPA Exemption
- 800 (2016-176 April 27) Jackass SP 2016-1 Application and SEPA Exemption
- 800 (2016-177 April 27) Yakama Nation Twisp Ponds Project, SEPA 2016-1 Final SEPA Determination
- 800 (2016-178 April 27) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge