Wednesday, December 18, 2013
OMAK A Saturday night report of a man with a gunshot wound to the head turned out to be a man who hit his head and then collapsed on a downtown street.
Omak Police Department, the fire department and LifeLine Ambulance were called just before 10:30 p.m. to Main Street and Central Avenue.
They found the man, 48-year-old David Zacherle of Omak.
Police Chief Larry Schreckengast said the man apparently had been on the riverbank under the Central Avenue bridge when he fell and hit his head on a rock.
The man apparently climbed to street level, and someone saw him and thought he’d been shot, Schreckengast said.
He apparently was not seriously injured.
The call came in at 10:24 p.m.
More like this story
- Business Council Chairman Boyd has died
- Do-it-yourself fireworks show in limbo
- Small fires, smoke checks reported
- Colville Tribal election returns too close to call
- Okanogan County ATV ordinance ruled invalid
- New wolf pack confirmed in Ferry County
- Safe 'n' Sane fireworks allowed in part of Omak
- 800 (2016-259 June 15, 22) Superior Court Clerk is requesting proposals
- 800 (2016-262 June 22) Notice of Primary Election
- 800 (2016-266 June 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON,
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge