Wednesday, December 18, 2013
OMAK A Saturday night report of a man with a gunshot wound to the head turned out to be a man who hit his head and then collapsed on a downtown street.
Omak Police Department, the fire department and LifeLine Ambulance were called just before 10:30 p.m. to Main Street and Central Avenue.
They found the man, 48-year-old David Zacherle of Omak.
Police Chief Larry Schreckengast said the man apparently had been on the riverbank under the Central Avenue bridge when he fell and hit his head on a rock.
The man apparently climbed to street level, and someone saw him and thought he’d been shot, Schreckengast said.
He apparently was not seriously injured.
The call came in at 10:24 p.m.
More like this story
- Tribe plans hemp blessing Tuesday morning
- Fire tops 30,000 acres, destroys two structures
- Two injured in Wilbur crash
- Fired hatchery employees can contest terminations
- Yakima woman dies in Omak crash
- TwispWorks plans fundraiser dinner
- Snake River to open for fall Chinook salmon fishing
- September hearing anticipated for Sinixt hunting caste
- Communications tower proposed for Little Buck Mountain
- Ag department finds female gypsy moths