Wednesday, December 18, 2013
OMAK A Saturday night report of a man with a gunshot wound to the head turned out to be a man who hit his head and then collapsed on a downtown street.
Omak Police Department, the fire department and LifeLine Ambulance were called just before 10:30 p.m. to Main Street and Central Avenue.
They found the man, 48-year-old David Zacherle of Omak.
Police Chief Larry Schreckengast said the man apparently had been on the riverbank under the Central Avenue bridge when he fell and hit his head on a rock.
The man apparently climbed to street level, and someone saw him and thought he’d been shot, Schreckengast said.
He apparently was not seriously injured.
The call came in at 10:24 p.m.
More like this story
- Burn ban extended for Methow Valley
- Last-minute Giving Tree donations sought
- Additional donations sought for Christmas baskets
- New NVH commissioners sworn in
- Local fans wait for 'The Last Jedi'
- Healthplanfinder sign up deadline looms
- Omak football fundraiser fruit arrives, pick up is now
- U.S. Navy sends apology letter to school
- Boys' basketball: Okanogan comes from behind to top Omak, 62-53
- Girls' basketball: Omak hangs on for 40-37 win over Okanogan