Wednesday, December 18, 2013
OMAK A Saturday night report of a man with a gunshot wound to the head turned out to be a man who hit his head and then collapsed on a downtown street.
Omak Police Department, the fire department and LifeLine Ambulance were called just before 10:30 p.m. to Main Street and Central Avenue.
They found the man, 48-year-old David Zacherle of Omak.
Police Chief Larry Schreckengast said the man apparently had been on the riverbank under the Central Avenue bridge when he fell and hit his head on a rock.
The man apparently climbed to street level, and someone saw him and thought he’d been shot, Schreckengast said.
He apparently was not seriously injured.
The call came in at 10:24 p.m.
More like this story
- 50 years ago: Riverside may get new bridge
- 820 (2017-071 March 29, April 5) STATE OF WASHINGTON DEPARTMENT OF ECOLOGY UNION GAP
- Board votes not to renew Landdeck's coaching contract
- North Valley Hospital begins administrator search
- 83 year-old woman with Alzheimer’s reported missing
- 820 (2017-057 March 8, 15, 22, 29, April 5, 12) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2017-067 March 22, 29, April 5) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2017-068 March 29, April 19) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO RCW CHAPTER 61.24
- 820 (2017-069 March 29) INVITATION TO BID
- 820 (2017-070 March 29, April 5) STATE OF WASHINGTON DEPARTMENT OF ECOLOGY UNION GAP