Wednesday, December 18, 2013
BREWSTER Several free Christmas dinners are planned next week, with American Legion and Eagles organizations opening their doors to those needing a meal.
In Brewster, American Legion Columbia Post 97 will host its annual dinner at 1 p.m. Christmas Day at the Legion hall, 103 N. Third St.
Everyone is welcome, not just Legion members or bona-fide guests.
“We try to do this to help the community, and then I buy gifts for all the (veterans) up in Harmony House, too, for Christmas,” Auxiliary member Thea Nilsen said.
Other dinners include:
Bridgeport — The Quad City Eagles host a free Christmas dinner for the community at 1 p.m. at the hall, 1030 Columbia Ave.
Nespelem — A youth sweat and Christmas dinner will be at 1 p.m., Dec. 23 at the Nespelem Community Center, 4000 Lower Columbia River Road.
A toy drive also is under way.
Drop-off boxes are at the Community Center; Nespelem Trading Post on the agency campus; Human Resources Office and Colville Business Council offices in the tribal Corrections Center building on Lower Columbia River Road.
Okanogan — A free Christmas dinner will be from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Eagles hall, 1820 N. Second Ave.
Cash or food contributions will be accepted, but are not required to attend. The meal is open to anyone interested.
Turkey and all the trimmings are on the menu.
Tonasket — A free dinner will be at 2 p.m. Dec. 29 in the Community Cultural Center, 411 S. Western Ave.
Twisp — A community dinner will be at noon Christmas Day at the Methow Valley Senior Center, 201 Methow Valley Highway.
More like this story
- 49 state patrol troopers sworn in
- Omak bond measure failing in initial returns
- 810 (2017-105 April 26) CITY OF OKANOGAN, WASHINGTON ORDINANCE NO. 1175
- 810 (2017-106 April 26) Notice of Application
- 820 (2017-092 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-093 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-094 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-097 April 19, 26, May 3) NOTICE TO CREDITORS
- 820 (2017-098 April 19, 26) CALL FOR BIDS.
- 820 (2017-102 April 26) The Town of Riverside is seeking applications for Town Council Position No.1.