Wednesday, December 18, 2013
BREWSTER Several free Christmas dinners are planned next week, with American Legion and Eagles organizations opening their doors to those needing a meal.
In Brewster, American Legion Columbia Post 97 will host its annual dinner at 1 p.m. Christmas Day at the Legion hall, 103 N. Third St.
Everyone is welcome, not just Legion members or bona-fide guests.
“We try to do this to help the community, and then I buy gifts for all the (veterans) up in Harmony House, too, for Christmas,” Auxiliary member Thea Nilsen said.
Other dinners include:
Bridgeport — The Quad City Eagles host a free Christmas dinner for the community at 1 p.m. at the hall, 1030 Columbia Ave.
Nespelem — A youth sweat and Christmas dinner will be at 1 p.m., Dec. 23 at the Nespelem Community Center, 4000 Lower Columbia River Road.
A toy drive also is under way.
Drop-off boxes are at the Community Center; Nespelem Trading Post on the agency campus; Human Resources Office and Colville Business Council offices in the tribal Corrections Center building on Lower Columbia River Road.
Okanogan — A free Christmas dinner will be from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Eagles hall, 1820 N. Second Ave.
Cash or food contributions will be accepted, but are not required to attend. The meal is open to anyone interested.
Turkey and all the trimmings are on the menu.
Tonasket — A free dinner will be at 2 p.m. Dec. 29 in the Community Cultural Center, 411 S. Western Ave.
Twisp — A community dinner will be at noon Christmas Day at the Methow Valley Senior Center, 201 Methow Valley Highway.
More like this story
- Thew named Chronicle managing editor
- Special fair advisory meeting planned tonight
- Kettle Complex fires see ‘increased’ fire behavior
- Crews continue battling Kettle Complex fires
- Tucannon Fire nearly contained
- Carpenter Road Fire now 45 percent contained
- Wolverine Fire meeting set for Plain
- Grant County deputy fired
- 800 (2015-448 Aug. 26, Sept 2, 9, 16) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 800 2015-453 Sept. 2) Twisp River Floodplain, SEPA 2015-7 Final SEPA Determination
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge