Wednesday, December 18, 2013
REPUBLIC Former Okanogan County defense attorney Emma J. Paulsen has been hired as Ferry County’s new deputy prosecuting attorney.
She is handling felony prosecutions, Prosecuting Attorney Mike Sandona said.
Paulsen, 36, said she commuted from her home in Omak initially, but now has an apartment in Republic.
Her husband, Chris Thew, and children, Jonas, 5, and Olivia, 2, plan to move after their home in Omak sells, she said.
“I wanted a change,” Paulsen said of the new job. “I wanted to go back to what I enjoy doing.”
Sandona said former deputy prosecutor Mike Golden went into private practice in Stevens County and an interim hire didn’t work out.
Sandona handles District Court matters and other duties. Golden handles Growth Management Act matters on a contract basis.
More like this story
- Crews gaining ground on Colville Complex
- Goodell Fire burning along highway
- Crews brace for fire growth near Wellpinit
- North Cascades could reopen Sunday
- Ferry County prepares for storm
- Causes of death: Smoke, burns
- Electricity may be restored tomorrow to Omak flats
- High winds to fan Ferry County fires
- North Star Fire continues burning northward
- Leads sought on homemade bomb in Grant County
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge