Wednesday, December 18, 2013
REPUBLIC Former Okanogan County defense attorney Emma J. Paulsen has been hired as Ferry County’s new deputy prosecuting attorney.
She is handling felony prosecutions, Prosecuting Attorney Mike Sandona said.
Paulsen, 36, said she commuted from her home in Omak initially, but now has an apartment in Republic.
Her husband, Chris Thew, and children, Jonas, 5, and Olivia, 2, plan to move after their home in Omak sells, she said.
“I wanted a change,” Paulsen said of the new job. “I wanted to go back to what I enjoy doing.”
Sandona said former deputy prosecutor Mike Golden went into private practice in Stevens County and an interim hire didn’t work out.
Sandona handles District Court matters and other duties. Golden handles Growth Management Act matters on a contract basis.
More like this story
- Dahlquist retires
- Youker gets 20 years in federal prison
- Men tell of surviving prostate cancer
- Split End changes ownership
- Engle takes state 2B javelin crown
- 3.1 million Tommee Tippee Sippee cups recalled
- Fire safety urged over holiday weekend
- Guthrie music remembered Saturday
- Youth soccer tourney results announced
- Oxygen airs show about Tonasket murder
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge