Wednesday, December 18, 2013
REPUBLIC Former Okanogan County defense attorney Emma J. Paulsen has been hired as Ferry County’s new deputy prosecuting attorney.
She is handling felony prosecutions, Prosecuting Attorney Mike Sandona said.
Paulsen, 36, said she commuted from her home in Omak initially, but now has an apartment in Republic.
Her husband, Chris Thew, and children, Jonas, 5, and Olivia, 2, plan to move after their home in Omak sells, she said.
“I wanted a change,” Paulsen said of the new job. “I wanted to go back to what I enjoy doing.”
Sandona said former deputy prosecutor Mike Golden went into private practice in Stevens County and an interim hire didn’t work out.
Sandona handles District Court matters and other duties. Golden handles Growth Management Act matters on a contract basis.
More like this story
- Proposal would change name of Squaw Creek
- Russian hackers tried to get into state election system -- and failed
- Extension hosts Women in Agriculture conference
- Woodcutting restrictions reduced in forest
- 'Healing the Columbia' features tribal members
- State delays fisher reintroduction in North Cascades
- Diamond Creek Fire 70 percent contained
- AAA: Truck safety technology can prevent crashes
- Methow school board meetings changed
- Concert features Turkish music duo