Wednesday, December 18, 2013
REPUBLIC Former Okanogan County defense attorney Emma J. Paulsen has been hired as Ferry County’s new deputy prosecuting attorney.
She is handling felony prosecutions, Prosecuting Attorney Mike Sandona said.
Paulsen, 36, said she commuted from her home in Omak initially, but now has an apartment in Republic.
Her husband, Chris Thew, and children, Jonas, 5, and Olivia, 2, plan to move after their home in Omak sells, she said.
“I wanted a change,” Paulsen said of the new job. “I wanted to go back to what I enjoy doing.”
Sandona said former deputy prosecutor Mike Golden went into private practice in Stevens County and an interim hire didn’t work out.
Sandona handles District Court matters and other duties. Golden handles Growth Management Act matters on a contract basis.
More like this story
- Crews work to line Pickens North fire
- 820 (2016-349 Aug. 24, 31) CALL for BIDS-BID No. 418-16
- Opening arguments start in Alltus murder case
- 810 (2016-346 Aug. 17, 24) NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
- (2016-336 Aug. 10, 17, 24) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-347 Aug. 24)Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority
- 820 (2016-348 Aug. 24) Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority Board
- Meteorologists issue red flag warning
- Nearly $6,000 raised for motorcyclist’s family
- Hospital board does interview without search
Live wildfire coverage
Pickens Mountain fire near Split Rock Road in Havillah. Footage filmed live on location 8/24/16 Enlarge