Wednesday, December 18, 2013
OLYMPIA Sen. Brian Dansel has been assigned to the natural resources, transportation and government operations committees of the state senate.
Dansel, R-Republic, confirmed his committee appointments Tuesday.
The 2014 legislative session begins Jan. 14 in Olympia.
“I am very honored to serve in the state Legislature,” Dansel said. “People are looking for a new approach – both Republicans and Democrats. This is why it is so exciting to be a part of the bi-partisan Senate Majority Coalition Caucus."
The Natural Resources appointment will hit close to home for Dansel as his and other North-Central Washington counties continue to engage the state on water rights, land acquisitions, salmon-related issues and wolf management.
"I look forward to representing the best interests of the 7th Legislative District," Dansel said. "I encourage everyone to get involved and share their ideas and concerns with me. Our government is only good if people are able to exercise their right to be involved.”
Dansel was sworn in Dec. 6 in Republic after knocking off Sen. John Smith in the November general election.
“I look forward to working with Sen. Dansel,” Senate Republican Leader Mark Schoesler, R-Ritzville, said. “He brings a wealth of experience to the 7th District. His background in local government, as a Ferry County commissioner, is a welcome addition to our caucus.”
More like this story
- Crews continue battling Kettle Complex fires
- Tucannon Fire nearly contained
- Carpenter Road Fire now 45 percent contained
- Wolverine Fire meeting set for Plain
- Grant County deputy fired
- 800 (2015-448 Aug. 26, Sept 2, 9, 16) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 800 2015-453 Sept. 2) Twisp River Floodplain, SEPA 2015-7 Final SEPA Determination
- 820 (2015-379 July 29, Aug. 5, 12, 19, 26, Sept. 2) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2015-380 July 29, Aug. 5, 12, 19, 26 Sept. 2) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-395 July 29, Aug. 5, 12, 19, 26, Sept.2) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN.
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge