Wednesday, December 18, 2013
OLYMPIA Sen. Brian Dansel has been assigned to the natural resources, transportation and government operations committees of the state senate.
Dansel, R-Republic, confirmed his committee appointments Tuesday.
The 2014 legislative session begins Jan. 14 in Olympia.
“I am very honored to serve in the state Legislature,” Dansel said. “People are looking for a new approach – both Republicans and Democrats. This is why it is so exciting to be a part of the bi-partisan Senate Majority Coalition Caucus."
The Natural Resources appointment will hit close to home for Dansel as his and other North-Central Washington counties continue to engage the state on water rights, land acquisitions, salmon-related issues and wolf management.
"I look forward to representing the best interests of the 7th Legislative District," Dansel said. "I encourage everyone to get involved and share their ideas and concerns with me. Our government is only good if people are able to exercise their right to be involved.”
Dansel was sworn in Dec. 6 in Republic after knocking off Sen. John Smith in the November general election.
“I look forward to working with Sen. Dansel,” Senate Republican Leader Mark Schoesler, R-Ritzville, said. “He brings a wealth of experience to the 7th District. His background in local government, as a Ferry County commissioner, is a welcome addition to our caucus.”
More like this story
- Week 5 high bowling scores
- Fishing to open for hatchery steelhead, rainbows
- Federal help sought for fire recovery
- Legislator calls for fight against McCleary
- Family Faire wraps up today
- Friday football scores: Okanogan wins big
- 820 (2015-518, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-513 Oct. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-512 Oct. 7, 14) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-507 Sept. 30, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
State Department of Fish and Wildlife Sgt. Dan Christensen recorded this video of the release of a mama bear and her three cubs Friday, Sept. 11, 2015. The bears were captured in a tree at Esther Bricques Winery near Ellisforde. The original video was much longer. We've edited out several minutes of footage between the cubs leaving the first trap and the mama and cub leaving the second trap. Enlarge