Wednesday, December 18, 2013
OLYMPIA Sen. Brian Dansel has been assigned to the natural resources, transportation and government operations committees of the state senate.
Dansel, R-Republic, confirmed his committee appointments Tuesday.
The 2014 legislative session begins Jan. 14 in Olympia.
“I am very honored to serve in the state Legislature,” Dansel said. “People are looking for a new approach – both Republicans and Democrats. This is why it is so exciting to be a part of the bi-partisan Senate Majority Coalition Caucus."
The Natural Resources appointment will hit close to home for Dansel as his and other North-Central Washington counties continue to engage the state on water rights, land acquisitions, salmon-related issues and wolf management.
"I look forward to representing the best interests of the 7th Legislative District," Dansel said. "I encourage everyone to get involved and share their ideas and concerns with me. Our government is only good if people are able to exercise their right to be involved.”
Dansel was sworn in Dec. 6 in Republic after knocking off Sen. John Smith in the November general election.
“I look forward to working with Sen. Dansel,” Senate Republican Leader Mark Schoesler, R-Ritzville, said. “He brings a wealth of experience to the 7th District. His background in local government, as a Ferry County commissioner, is a welcome addition to our caucus.”
More like this story
- Weather brings school delays, closures
- McDonald's plans to introduce new ‘Big Mac' sizes
- Forever stamp prices increase Sunday
- More wet weather in the forecast
- Some after school activities, sports cancelled
- Storm prompts clinic cancelations
- Winter storm brings school delays, closures
- 810 (2017-009 Jan. 11, 18) REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ) AIRPORT MASTER PLAN
- 810 (2017-012 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing
- 810 (2017-016 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing Micro Processing/Manufacturing OKA RA 16-1
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge