Wednesday, December 18, 2013
WENATCHEE A coroner has identified the man shot and killed by police Dec. 12 in a Taco Bell parking lot as Robert J. Harris, 43, of Monitor.
According to the Washington State Patrol, which is investigating the officer-involved shooting, Harris was killed during an undercover drug buy gone bad.
Police Capt. Doug Jones said the shooting occured after Harris allegedly struck a patrol officer with his vehicle. Jones declined to identified the officer, who sustained minor injuries and was later treated at released from Central Washington Hospital.
The fatal shooting occured in the parking lot of the North Miller Street fast-food restaurant, the State Patrol said, noting Harris was a suspect in an undercover drug buy being conducted by the Columbia River Task Force.
The State Patrol wants to talk to anyone who witnessed events related to the shooting.
Anyone with information, should call 509-682-8152, the State Patrol said.
More like this story
- PUD hopefuls share their views at forum
- Thunderstorm rips through county
- Ready, set, Pokemon Go! Online game craze hits the Okanogan
- New curtains installed at PAC
- Officials issue hazardous weather outlook
- Former NVH employee ‘disappointed’ with district
- DNR to add fire base in Omak
- Lynx could be added to state endangered list
- Hit-and-run crash kills Brewster teacher
- Bar-S Foods Company recalls hot dogs, corn dogs
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge