Wednesday, December 18, 2013
WENATCHEE A coroner has identified the man shot and killed by police Dec. 12 in a Taco Bell parking lot as Robert J. Harris, 43, of Monitor.
According to the Washington State Patrol, which is investigating the officer-involved shooting, Harris was killed during an undercover drug buy gone bad.
Police Capt. Doug Jones said the shooting occured after Harris allegedly struck a patrol officer with his vehicle. Jones declined to identified the officer, who sustained minor injuries and was later treated at released from Central Washington Hospital.
The fatal shooting occured in the parking lot of the North Miller Street fast-food restaurant, the State Patrol said, noting Harris was a suspect in an undercover drug buy being conducted by the Columbia River Task Force.
The State Patrol wants to talk to anyone who witnessed events related to the shooting.
Anyone with information, should call 509-682-8152, the State Patrol said.
More like this story
- Donations sought for Wellpinit fire victims
- Pickens North wildfire reaches 600 acres
- Crews work to line Pickens North fire
- 820 (2016-349 Aug. 24, 31) CALL for BIDS-BID No. 418-16
- Opening arguments start in Alltus murder case
- 810 (2016-346 Aug. 17, 24) NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
- (2016-336 Aug. 10, 17, 24) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-347 Aug. 24)Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority
- 820 (2016-348 Aug. 24) Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority Board
- Meteorologists issue red flag warning
Live wildfire coverage
Pickens Mountain fire near Split Rock Road in Havillah. Footage filmed live on location 8/24/16 Enlarge