Wednesday, December 18, 2013
WENATCHEE A coroner has identified the man shot and killed by police Dec. 12 in a Taco Bell parking lot as Robert J. Harris, 43, of Monitor.
According to the Washington State Patrol, which is investigating the officer-involved shooting, Harris was killed during an undercover drug buy gone bad.
Police Capt. Doug Jones said the shooting occured after Harris allegedly struck a patrol officer with his vehicle. Jones declined to identified the officer, who sustained minor injuries and was later treated at released from Central Washington Hospital.
The fatal shooting occured in the parking lot of the North Miller Street fast-food restaurant, the State Patrol said, noting Harris was a suspect in an undercover drug buy being conducted by the Columbia River Task Force.
The State Patrol wants to talk to anyone who witnessed events related to the shooting.
Anyone with information, should call 509-682-8152, the State Patrol said.
More like this story
- Okanogan names superintendent finalists
- Okanogan Farm Lights Festival set for Nov. 29
- Methow Conservancy plans annual party, film showing
- Science teacher wins conservation award
- Santa arrives in Conconully on Dec. 2
- Rosco bags big moose
- Cates, Jessee named MVPs in Caribou Trail League football
- Knights intercept Dawgs' stay in state playoffs
- Brewster soccer returns with third-place state 1B/2B trophy
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Willis twins shine in soccer