Wednesday, December 18, 2013
WENATCHEE A coroner has identified the man shot and killed by police Dec. 12 in a Taco Bell parking lot as Robert J. Harris, 43, of Monitor.
According to the Washington State Patrol, which is investigating the officer-involved shooting, Harris was killed during an undercover drug buy gone bad.
Police Capt. Doug Jones said the shooting occured after Harris allegedly struck a patrol officer with his vehicle. Jones declined to identified the officer, who sustained minor injuries and was later treated at released from Central Washington Hospital.
The fatal shooting occured in the parking lot of the North Miller Street fast-food restaurant, the State Patrol said, noting Harris was a suspect in an undercover drug buy being conducted by the Columbia River Task Force.
The State Patrol wants to talk to anyone who witnessed events related to the shooting.
Anyone with information, should call 509-682-8152, the State Patrol said.
More like this story
- Weather brings school delays, closures
- McDonald's plans to introduce new ‘Big Mac' sizes
- Forever stamp prices increase Sunday
- More wet weather in the forecast
- Some after school activities, sports cancelled
- Storm prompts clinic cancelations
- Winter storm brings school delays, closures
- 810 (2017-009 Jan. 11, 18) REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ) AIRPORT MASTER PLAN
- 810 (2017-012 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing
- 810 (2017-016 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing Micro Processing/Manufacturing OKA RA 16-1
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge