Tuesday, December 17, 2013
OMAK The Okanogan Valley Soroptomist Club’s Sharing Tree already has dozens of presents underneath it, but 25 tags remain for people to donate gifts to local children in need.
The deadline for gift-giving has been extended to Friday, Soroptomist member B.J. Bleakney said.
The Sharing Tree is at North Cascades Bank, 721 Okoma Drive.
721 Okoma Drive, Omak, WA
“We couldn’t do it without the bank,” Bleakney said. “The employees do a big part of it and we couldn’t do it without them.”
The Tree of Giving, a project of The Chronicle to benefit the Support Center’s shelter, is set up in the newspaper’s office at 618 Okoma Drive.
It will continue to accept gifts until Thursday.
Recipients’ names remain anonymous; organizers say there is no duplication between the trees. A donor can take a tag, buy one or more gift on the wish list, and return the gift and tag to the appropriate tree.
The newspaper's tags have all been claimed.
More like this story
- Robbery suspect scheduled to enter plea
- Hearing planned on Pateros budget matters
- Omak plans fall cleanup day
- Wicks named to artist in residence spot
- Cameron Lake Road rebuilding project planned
- Ferry County hospital leaders plan budget hearing
- Diabetes support group meets in Tonasket
- North Valley Hospital Foundation plans meeting
- CORRECTION: Orchestra-chorus concert is Saturday, Oct. 21
- Driver injured in Mazama crash