Tuesday, December 17, 2013
OMAK The Okanogan Valley Soroptomist Club’s Sharing Tree already has dozens of presents underneath it, but 25 tags remain for people to donate gifts to local children in need.
The deadline for gift-giving has been extended to Friday, Soroptomist member B.J. Bleakney said.
The Sharing Tree is at North Cascades Bank, 721 Okoma Drive.
721 Okoma Drive, Omak, WA
“We couldn’t do it without the bank,” Bleakney said. “The employees do a big part of it and we couldn’t do it without them.”
The Tree of Giving, a project of The Chronicle to benefit the Support Center’s shelter, is set up in the newspaper’s office at 618 Okoma Drive.
It will continue to accept gifts until Thursday.
Recipients’ names remain anonymous; organizers say there is no duplication between the trees. A donor can take a tag, buy one or more gift on the wish list, and return the gift and tag to the appropriate tree.
The newspaper's tags have all been claimed.
More like this story
- Athletic club adds CrossFit classes
- Bulldog going to Zags
- Records fall at Ritzville
- Tribal primary election is May 7
- Voters say no to school bond issue
- State officials gear up for wildfire season
- PUD to decide yay or nay on Enloe
- County has cash flow problem
- Tonasket wants to annex land south of town
- Drug bust lands eight people in jail
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge