Sunday, December 15, 2013
OMAK The city is expected to approve its 2014 budget at Monday’s City Council meeting, which will begin at 7 p.m. at City Hall, 2 N. Ash St.
Compared to last year’s contentious and challenging budget process, this year has been smooth sailing so far, City Administrator Ralph Malone said.
The city has hosted two workshops and a hearing for public comment, with almost nobody from the public in attendance.
The city’s budget outlook has improved from last year, when Omak had to eliminate two police positions.
Omak has received an increase in sales tax revenue of about $90,000, largely due to the sewer renovation project and construction projects, such as Family Health Center and Regency Omak.
That added revenue will help fund capital improvement projects, such as replacing the fire chief’s 13-year-old command vehicle and two police vehicles. The budget would also allow for another police vehicle to be repainted and several computers to be replaced.
The city has estimated revenue for the upcoming year to be about $3.44 million, while expenditures are estimated at about $3.78 million.
The city’s ending fund balance is projected to decrease from about $1.37 million to $1.03 million.
One omission from the budget is money allocated for mosquito abatement.
The city drew complaints in the summer about the fact that it didn’t spray for mosquitoes.
The current approach, Malone said, is toward the formation of a mosquito control district, which would include Omak.
More like this story
- 820 (2016-438 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE
- 820 (2016-439 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE OF
- 820 (2016-444 Nov. 9, 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-446 Nov. 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2016-456 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-466 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-472 Nov. 30, Dec. 7) NORTH CENTRAL REGIONAL LIBRARY NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2016-473 Dec. 7, 14) Notice of Impact Aid Public Hearing
- 820 (2016-474 Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-475 Dec. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge