Sunday, December 15, 2013
OMAK The city is expected to approve its 2014 budget at Monday’s City Council meeting, which will begin at 7 p.m. at City Hall, 2 N. Ash St.
Compared to last year’s contentious and challenging budget process, this year has been smooth sailing so far, City Administrator Ralph Malone said.
The city has hosted two workshops and a hearing for public comment, with almost nobody from the public in attendance.
The city’s budget outlook has improved from last year, when Omak had to eliminate two police positions.
Omak has received an increase in sales tax revenue of about $90,000, largely due to the sewer renovation project and construction projects, such as Family Health Center and Regency Omak.
That added revenue will help fund capital improvement projects, such as replacing the fire chief’s 13-year-old command vehicle and two police vehicles. The budget would also allow for another police vehicle to be repainted and several computers to be replaced.
The city has estimated revenue for the upcoming year to be about $3.44 million, while expenditures are estimated at about $3.78 million.
The city’s ending fund balance is projected to decrease from about $1.37 million to $1.03 million.
One omission from the budget is money allocated for mosquito abatement.
The city drew complaints in the summer about the fact that it didn’t spray for mosquitoes.
The current approach, Malone said, is toward the formation of a mosquito control district, which would include Omak.
More like this story
- 820 (2015-518, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-513 Oct. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-512 Oct. 7, 14) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-507 Sept. 30, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2015-503 Sept. 30, Oct. 7) NOTICE OF HEARING PUBLIC UTILITY DISTRICT NO. 1 OF OKANOGAN COUNTY 2016 PROPOSED BUDGET
- 820 (2015-490 Sept. 23, 30, Oct. 7) In The Superior Court Of The State Of Washington County of Chelan.
- 820 (2015-456 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-455 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Public Notice
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Town of Twisp Request for Statement of Qualifications
State Department of Fish and Wildlife Sgt. Dan Christensen recorded this video of the release of a mama bear and her three cubs Friday, Sept. 11, 2015. The bears were captured in a tree at Esther Bricques Winery near Ellisforde. The original video was much longer. We've edited out several minutes of footage between the cubs leaving the first trap and the mama and cub leaving the second trap. Enlarge