Friday, December 13, 2013
OROVILLE Students and staff in the Oroville School District were sent home early today because of a gas leak in the chemistry lab.
Classes were dismissed at 10:30 a.m.
“It isn't a major leak,” Superintendent Steve Quick said in an email about the dismissal. “The main valves are turned off and the building is airing out.”
The district has been having problems with the propane line for the last few weeks and thought the problem was solved, but the propane smell returned.
This evening’s activities, including basketball games with Tonasket, are still “a go,” he said. “All is well and students and staff all got an early weekend.”
The lost instructional time won’t have to be made up, he said.
- Climber dies after fall at Goat Wall TuesdayMAZAMA — In experienced climber died after a fall while climbing on Goat Wall on Tuesday.
- Pilot escapes injury after crashing into pondWARDEN - A College Place man escaped injury Tuesday night, May 3, when his private plane crashed while en route ...
- Hazardous weather outlook issuedThe Spokane office of the National Weather Service has issued a hazardous weather outlook calling for scattered thunderstorms and heavy ...
More like this story
- Climber dies after fall at Goat Wall Tuesday
- Pilot escapes injury after crashing into pond
- Hazardous weather outlook issued
- 800 (2016-173 April 27, May 4) Notice of Public Hearing
- 800 (2016-185 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-186 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-187 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-188 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 810 (2016-182 May 4) At the regular council meeting
- 810 (2016-184 May 4) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge