Friday, December 13, 2013
OROVILLE Students and staff in the Oroville School District were sent home early today because of a gas leak in the chemistry lab.
Classes were dismissed at 10:30 a.m.
“It isn't a major leak,” Superintendent Steve Quick said in an email about the dismissal. “The main valves are turned off and the building is airing out.”
The district has been having problems with the propane line for the last few weeks and thought the problem was solved, but the propane smell returned.
This evening’s activities, including basketball games with Tonasket, are still “a go,” he said. “All is well and students and staff all got an early weekend.”
The lost instructional time won’t have to be made up, he said.
More like this story
- Week 8: Friday night football scores
- Candidates share opinions in Okanogan
- Fire damages Omak house
- County faces $87,000 bill for Rabidou lawsuit
- Where is the election funding coming from?
- No steelhead season this winter
- Debate team host carnival tonight
- Power outage planned in Tonasket-area tonight
- Snowfall expected along North Cascade Highway
- 810 (2016-410 Oct. 19) SUMMARY OF ORDINANCE NO. 877
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge