Thursday, December 12, 2013
REPUBLIC Seven people were arrested Tuesday on suspicion of dealing drugs in town and additional arrests are pending.
The arrests are the culmination of a two-month investigation by the North Central Washington Narcotics Task Force, Okanogan County Sheriff Frank Rogers said Thursday.
Ferry County police agencies are part of the task force.
Arrested were Krista R. Lievense, 47; Spring M. Butschke, 21; Kaylia A. Eldred, 22; Nikolas V. Somday, 25; Dakota T. Devalkeneer, 18; Kathryn E. Ramsey, 22, and Roland F. Ciais, 28. All are from Republic.
Rogers said the task force and Republic Police Department served three warrants in the city. Seven suspects were arrested and “we are still looking for three additional suspects to arrest,” he said.
The seven arrested so far are being investigated for unlawful use of a building for drug purposes, delivery of controlled substances, heroin and methamphetamine, and enhancements for drug crimes committed in school zones.
The total charges involved are 15 counts of delivery of a controlled substance, heroin and methamphetamine; nine counts of unlawful use of a building for drug purposes and 15 counts of delivery enhancement charges for drug crimes committed in school zones, Rogers said.
Those arrested have been booked into the Ferry County Jail.
Rogers said the Republic Police Department and task force officers “put in a lot of hours into this case over the last two months to get this done.”
More like this story
- 800 (2016-173 April 27, May 4) Notice of Public Hearing
- 800 (2016-185 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-186 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-187 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-188 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 810 (2016-182 May 4) At the regular council meeting
- 810 (2016-184 May 4) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2016-181 May 4, 11, 18) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-156 May 4, 11) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2016-183 May 4, 11, 18, 25, June 1, 8) Superior Court of Washington
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge