Thursday, December 12, 2013
REPUBLIC Seven people were arrested Tuesday on suspicion of dealing drugs in town and additional arrests are pending.
The arrests are the culmination of a two-month investigation by the North Central Washington Narcotics Task Force, Okanogan County Sheriff Frank Rogers said Thursday.
Ferry County police agencies are part of the task force.
Arrested were Krista R. Lievense, 47; Spring M. Butschke, 21; Kaylia A. Eldred, 22; Nikolas V. Somday, 25; Dakota T. Devalkeneer, 18; Kathryn E. Ramsey, 22, and Roland F. Ciais, 28. All are from Republic.
Rogers said the task force and Republic Police Department served three warrants in the city. Seven suspects were arrested and “we are still looking for three additional suspects to arrest,” he said.
The seven arrested so far are being investigated for unlawful use of a building for drug purposes, delivery of controlled substances, heroin and methamphetamine, and enhancements for drug crimes committed in school zones.
The total charges involved are 15 counts of delivery of a controlled substance, heroin and methamphetamine; nine counts of unlawful use of a building for drug purposes and 15 counts of delivery enhancement charges for drug crimes committed in school zones, Rogers said.
Those arrested have been booked into the Ferry County Jail.
Rogers said the Republic Police Department and task force officers “put in a lot of hours into this case over the last two months to get this done.”
More like this story
- Bail set for Piturachsatit
- Candidates speak at Lincoln Day dinner
- Lake Roosevelt Elementary assistant principal arrested
- 800 (2016-029 Jan. 27, Feb. 3) NOTICE OF CALL FOR BIDS
- 800 (2016-042 Feb. 3) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-044 Feb. 3, 10) PUBLIC NOTICE OKANOGAN COUNTY SMALL WORKS ROSTER
- 800 (2016-047 Feb. 3) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-048 Feb. 3) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-049 Feb. 3) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-050 Feb. 3) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision