Wednesday, December 11, 2013
OKANOGAN A trial date of Feb. 4 has been set for two men accused of first-degree murder in the September death of a Western Washington hunter.
John Wayne Jennings, 57, and his son, Adam Shaun Jennings, 27, were charged Nov. 18 in the Sept. 2 shooting death of Hoquiam resident Michael Ray Carrigan, 52, near the Jennings home at 33 Cow Camp Road east of Oroville.
During an Okanogan County Superior Court appearance Dec. 2, an omnibus hearing was set for 1:30 p.m. Jan. 6, a status conference was set for 1:30 p.m. Jan. 27 and the trial for 8:30 a.m. Feb. 4.
Okanogan County Prosecuting Attorney Karl Sloan plans to file a motion to consolidate the two cases, Clerk Charleen Groomes said.
Bail for each man was set in November at $1 million. Both remain in the county jail.
Both men are charged with first-degree (premeditated) murder in Carrigan’s death. Charging documents alleged each man either was armed with the firearm or was an accomplice of the other.
Adam Jennings also was charged with first-degree unlawful possession of a .22-caliber firearm. He has a previous conviction for second-degree assault.
John Jennings also was charged with delivery of a firearm to an ineligible person. The charging document alleged he delivered a firearm to Adam Jennings, knowing his son was ineligible to possess the gun.
The public defender’s office was assigned to represent them.
They were arrested Nov. 19. They are accused of shooting Carrigan after he got out of a vehicle and shot at a grouse.
Carrigan’s hunting partner, George Stover, 65, from Hoquiam, reported the shooting.
More like this story
- Tonasket basketball coach reinstated
- Mumps case reported in Okanogan County
- 820 (2017-011 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 1, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-013 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 01, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-021 Jan. 25, Feb. 01, 08, 15, 22, March 01) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2017-035 Feb. 15, 22) ADVERTISEMENT FOR BID TOWN OF TWISP - PUBLIC WORKS SHOP
- 820 (2017-039 Feb. 15, 22) Notice is hereby given that WDFW of Olympia WA filed an application
- 820 (2017-040 Feb. 22, March 1, 8) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2017-041 Feb. 22, March 1) BOARD MEMBER NEEDED!
- 820 (2017-042 Feb. 22) MEETING NOTICE