Wednesday, December 11, 2013
OKANOGAN A trial date of Feb. 4 has been set for two men accused of first-degree murder in the September death of a Western Washington hunter.
John Wayne Jennings, 57, and his son, Adam Shaun Jennings, 27, were charged Nov. 18 in the Sept. 2 shooting death of Hoquiam resident Michael Ray Carrigan, 52, near the Jennings home at 33 Cow Camp Road east of Oroville.
During an Okanogan County Superior Court appearance Dec. 2, an omnibus hearing was set for 1:30 p.m. Jan. 6, a status conference was set for 1:30 p.m. Jan. 27 and the trial for 8:30 a.m. Feb. 4.
Okanogan County Prosecuting Attorney Karl Sloan plans to file a motion to consolidate the two cases, Clerk Charleen Groomes said.
Bail for each man was set in November at $1 million. Both remain in the county jail.
Both men are charged with first-degree (premeditated) murder in Carrigan’s death. Charging documents alleged each man either was armed with the firearm or was an accomplice of the other.
Adam Jennings also was charged with first-degree unlawful possession of a .22-caliber firearm. He has a previous conviction for second-degree assault.
John Jennings also was charged with delivery of a firearm to an ineligible person. The charging document alleged he delivered a firearm to Adam Jennings, knowing his son was ineligible to possess the gun.
The public defender’s office was assigned to represent them.
They were arrested Nov. 19. They are accused of shooting Carrigan after he got out of a vehicle and shot at a grouse.
Carrigan’s hunting partner, George Stover, 65, from Hoquiam, reported the shooting.
More like this story
- 800 (2017-265 Nov. 22, 29) City of Omak Notice of Final 2018 Budget Public Hearing Omak City Council
- 800 (2017-325 Nov. 22) CITY OF OKANOGAN STREET CLOSURE
- (2017-323 Nov. 22, 29 Dec. 6) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2017-324 Nov. 22, 29 Dec. 6) OKANGAN IRRIGATION DISTRICT NOTICE OF EQUALIZATION
- 820 (2017-326 Nov. 22) LEGAL NOTICE NEGOTIATION OF STATE LEASES WITH EXISTING LESSEES BETWEEN JANUARY AND MARCH 2018 EXPIRES: MAY 2018
- Garcia named CWL’s Player of the Year
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Love connecting math with sports
- Former hospital CEO sues for records
- Christmas at the End of the Road runs Nov. 24-25
- Winthrop council reviews draft 2018 budget