Wednesday, December 11, 2013
OKANOGAN A trial date of Feb. 4 has been set for two men accused of first-degree murder in the September death of a Western Washington hunter.
John Wayne Jennings, 57, and his son, Adam Shaun Jennings, 27, were charged Nov. 18 in the Sept. 2 shooting death of Hoquiam resident Michael Ray Carrigan, 52, near the Jennings home at 33 Cow Camp Road east of Oroville.
During an Okanogan County Superior Court appearance Dec. 2, an omnibus hearing was set for 1:30 p.m. Jan. 6, a status conference was set for 1:30 p.m. Jan. 27 and the trial for 8:30 a.m. Feb. 4.
Okanogan County Prosecuting Attorney Karl Sloan plans to file a motion to consolidate the two cases, Clerk Charleen Groomes said.
Bail for each man was set in November at $1 million. Both remain in the county jail.
Both men are charged with first-degree (premeditated) murder in Carrigan’s death. Charging documents alleged each man either was armed with the firearm or was an accomplice of the other.
Adam Jennings also was charged with first-degree unlawful possession of a .22-caliber firearm. He has a previous conviction for second-degree assault.
John Jennings also was charged with delivery of a firearm to an ineligible person. The charging document alleged he delivered a firearm to Adam Jennings, knowing his son was ineligible to possess the gun.
The public defender’s office was assigned to represent them.
They were arrested Nov. 19. They are accused of shooting Carrigan after he got out of a vehicle and shot at a grouse.
Carrigan’s hunting partner, George Stover, 65, from Hoquiam, reported the shooting.
More like this story
- Wenatchee bass team finishes first at Pateros
- Color big hit at this year's Pateros Color Run
- Lots of 3-on-3 hoops at Pateros Jamboree
- Rail trail promotional video released
- Truck, tractor pull set for Saturday
- Suicide Race qualifying starts Friday
- Farmers Insurance senior softball team churns out third
- Gary Lewis inducted into Wenatchee's Senior Softball Hall of Fame
- Killer Whales top Bearcudas at swim meet
- Whales swamp Bullfrogs at swim meet