Wednesday, December 11, 2013
OKANOGAN A trial date of Feb. 4 has been set for two men accused of first-degree murder in the September death of a Western Washington hunter.
John Wayne Jennings, 57, and his son, Adam Shaun Jennings, 27, were charged Nov. 18 in the Sept. 2 shooting death of Hoquiam resident Michael Ray Carrigan, 52, near the Jennings home at 33 Cow Camp Road east of Oroville.
During an Okanogan County Superior Court appearance Dec. 2, an omnibus hearing was set for 1:30 p.m. Jan. 6, a status conference was set for 1:30 p.m. Jan. 27 and the trial for 8:30 a.m. Feb. 4.
Okanogan County Prosecuting Attorney Karl Sloan plans to file a motion to consolidate the two cases, Clerk Charleen Groomes said.
Bail for each man was set in November at $1 million. Both remain in the county jail.
Both men are charged with first-degree (premeditated) murder in Carrigan’s death. Charging documents alleged each man either was armed with the firearm or was an accomplice of the other.
Adam Jennings also was charged with first-degree unlawful possession of a .22-caliber firearm. He has a previous conviction for second-degree assault.
John Jennings also was charged with delivery of a firearm to an ineligible person. The charging document alleged he delivered a firearm to Adam Jennings, knowing his son was ineligible to possess the gun.
The public defender’s office was assigned to represent them.
They were arrested Nov. 19. They are accused of shooting Carrigan after he got out of a vehicle and shot at a grouse.
Carrigan’s hunting partner, George Stover, 65, from Hoquiam, reported the shooting.
More like this story
- 820 (2015-518, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-513 Oct. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-512 Oct. 7, 14) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-507 Sept. 30, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2015-503 Sept. 30, Oct. 7) NOTICE OF HEARING PUBLIC UTILITY DISTRICT NO. 1 OF OKANOGAN COUNTY 2016 PROPOSED BUDGET
- 820 (2015-490 Sept. 23, 30, Oct. 7) In The Superior Court Of The State Of Washington County of Chelan.
- 820 (2015-456 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-455 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Public Notice
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Town of Twisp Request for Statement of Qualifications
State Department of Fish and Wildlife Sgt. Dan Christensen recorded this video of the release of a mama bear and her three cubs Friday, Sept. 11, 2015. The bears were captured in a tree at Esther Bricques Winery near Ellisforde. The original video was much longer. We've edited out several minutes of footage between the cubs leaving the first trap and the mama and cub leaving the second trap. Enlarge