Wednesday, December 11, 2013
OMAK About 120 people gathered Saturday for the Omak-Okanogan Civic League’s fifth annual Festival of Trees wine and trees gala.
A baker’s dozen trees and three wreaths, decorated by local businesses and individuals, were auctioned and given in drawings. All proceeds go to scholarships provided by the club.
Scholarships will go to Okanogan and Okanogan high school seniors and a female student at Wenatchee Valley College.
“The Civic League members appreciate all who contributed to this great evening and are looking forward to working with the community to create future events to continue to help provide these scholarships,” club spokeswoman Heidi Weston said.
The winning tree, designed by the Mid-Valley Hospital staff, sold for $1,300 and included donated prizes and gift certificates valued at $1,300.
Among the tree themes were winter bird feeding, ocean, peppermint candy, coffee, burlap, Wizard of Oz, skiing, Hawaii, baking and music.
More like this story
- Electricity may be restored tomorrow to Omak flats
- High winds to fan Ferry County fires
- North Star Fire continues burning northward
- Leads sought on homemade bomb in Grant County
- Donation center open to all fire victims
- Red Flag Warning issued for winds, low humidity
- Fire relief center set up in downtown Okanogan
- North Star Fire continues, more evacuation notices issued
- Okanogan Complex now 17 percent contained
- Carpenter Road Fire grows 457 acres overnight
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge