Wednesday, December 11, 2013
OMAK About 120 people gathered Saturday for the Omak-Okanogan Civic League’s fifth annual Festival of Trees wine and trees gala.
A baker’s dozen trees and three wreaths, decorated by local businesses and individuals, were auctioned and given in drawings. All proceeds go to scholarships provided by the club.
Scholarships will go to Okanogan and Okanogan high school seniors and a female student at Wenatchee Valley College.
“The Civic League members appreciate all who contributed to this great evening and are looking forward to working with the community to create future events to continue to help provide these scholarships,” club spokeswoman Heidi Weston said.
The winning tree, designed by the Mid-Valley Hospital staff, sold for $1,300 and included donated prizes and gift certificates valued at $1,300.
Among the tree themes were winter bird feeding, ocean, peppermint candy, coffee, burlap, Wizard of Oz, skiing, Hawaii, baking and music.
More like this story
- PUD hopefuls share their views at forum
- Thunderstorm rips through county
- Ready, set, Pokemon Go! Online game craze hits the Okanogan
- New curtains installed at PAC
- Officials issue hazardous weather outlook
- Former NVH employee ‘disappointed’ with district
- DNR to add fire base in Omak
- Lynx could be added to state endangered list
- Hit-and-run crash kills Brewster teacher
- Bar-S Foods Company recalls hot dogs, corn dogs
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge