Wednesday, December 11, 2013
OMAK About 120 people gathered Saturday for the Omak-Okanogan Civic League’s fifth annual Festival of Trees wine and trees gala.
A baker’s dozen trees and three wreaths, decorated by local businesses and individuals, were auctioned and given in drawings. All proceeds go to scholarships provided by the club.
Scholarships will go to Okanogan and Okanogan high school seniors and a female student at Wenatchee Valley College.
“The Civic League members appreciate all who contributed to this great evening and are looking forward to working with the community to create future events to continue to help provide these scholarships,” club spokeswoman Heidi Weston said.
The winning tree, designed by the Mid-Valley Hospital staff, sold for $1,300 and included donated prizes and gift certificates valued at $1,300.
Among the tree themes were winter bird feeding, ocean, peppermint candy, coffee, burlap, Wizard of Oz, skiing, Hawaii, baking and music.
More like this story
- Winter storm warning issued
- Court denies ATV case review
- Three Devils case heads to appeals court
- Holiday Twinkies recalled
- 810 (2017-009 Jan. 11, 18) REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ)
- 820 (2017-001 Jan. 4, 11)
- 820 (2017-006 Jan. 11) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2017-007 Jan. 11) SMALL WORKS APPLICATIONS
- 820 (2017-008 Jan. 11, 18) Okanogan County Dept. of Public Works NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- Burn ban issued for Okanogan, Stevens counties
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge