Wednesday, December 11, 2013
OMAK About 120 people gathered Saturday for the Omak-Okanogan Civic League’s fifth annual Festival of Trees wine and trees gala.
A baker’s dozen trees and three wreaths, decorated by local businesses and individuals, were auctioned and given in drawings. All proceeds go to scholarships provided by the club.
Scholarships will go to Okanogan and Okanogan high school seniors and a female student at Wenatchee Valley College.
“The Civic League members appreciate all who contributed to this great evening and are looking forward to working with the community to create future events to continue to help provide these scholarships,” club spokeswoman Heidi Weston said.
The winning tree, designed by the Mid-Valley Hospital staff, sold for $1,300 and included donated prizes and gift certificates valued at $1,300.
Among the tree themes were winter bird feeding, ocean, peppermint candy, coffee, burlap, Wizard of Oz, skiing, Hawaii, baking and music.
More like this story
- Community engagement is Methow fair’s theme
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Start them young
- Training exercise planned
- Delayed opener predicted for North Cascades Highway
- Games must go on
- UW students spend break working with youngsters
- Gas prices remain stable; price increases expected
- Growers meet with lawmakers
- Breakfast bill gets Steele amendments
- Drivers have until March 31 to remove studded tires