Wednesday, December 11, 2013
OKANOGAN The city’s 2012 business of the year is closing up shop at year’s end.
Owner Melanie Carroll said she plans to close Salmon Creek Coffee Co., 134 S. Second Ave., but is amenable to leasing the business.
She said she and her husband, Autumn Carroll, have a new baby, Eloise, who was born Oct. 15, and an older daughter, Parker, 4 ½. Melanie Carroll said she wants to stay at home with the children while they are young.
The shop, which offers coffee and other beverages, lunchtime sandwiches and other items, opened Aug. 11, 2011. She said business is going well.
“It was such a hard decision, but I won’t get this time back with” the children, she said.
She and her husband own a 10-acre organic orchard, Harvesting Autumn, and plan to focus on the farm.
Salmon Creek Coffee Co. was honored in October by the Okanogan Chamber of Commerce for its strong support of the area and devotion to local artists.
While accepting the chamber award, Melanie Carroll said Salmon Creek Coffee began as just an idea, so to see that idea come to fruition and win an award for its contributions to the community meant a great deal. The business has provided an outlet for artists of a variety of different media.
Salmon Creek Coffee Co. is hosting a show by Okanogan Middle and High School students this month.
The business has two part-time employees.
Equipment is listed for sale on Craigslist.
More like this story
- Tonasket basketball coach reinstated
- Mumps case reported in Okanogan County
- 820 (2017-011 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 1, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-013 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 01, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-021 Jan. 25, Feb. 01, 08, 15, 22, March 01) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2017-035 Feb. 15, 22) ADVERTISEMENT FOR BID TOWN OF TWISP - PUBLIC WORKS SHOP
- 820 (2017-039 Feb. 15, 22) Notice is hereby given that WDFW of Olympia WA filed an application
- 820 (2017-040 Feb. 22, March 1, 8) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2017-041 Feb. 22, March 1) BOARD MEMBER NEEDED!
- 820 (2017-042 Feb. 22) MEETING NOTICE