Wednesday, December 11, 2013
OKANOGAN The city’s 2012 business of the year is closing up shop at year’s end.
Owner Melanie Carroll said she plans to close Salmon Creek Coffee Co., 134 S. Second Ave., but is amenable to leasing the business.
She said she and her husband, Autumn Carroll, have a new baby, Eloise, who was born Oct. 15, and an older daughter, Parker, 4 ½. Melanie Carroll said she wants to stay at home with the children while they are young.
The shop, which offers coffee and other beverages, lunchtime sandwiches and other items, opened Aug. 11, 2011. She said business is going well.
“It was such a hard decision, but I won’t get this time back with” the children, she said.
She and her husband own a 10-acre organic orchard, Harvesting Autumn, and plan to focus on the farm.
Salmon Creek Coffee Co. was honored in October by the Okanogan Chamber of Commerce for its strong support of the area and devotion to local artists.
While accepting the chamber award, Melanie Carroll said Salmon Creek Coffee began as just an idea, so to see that idea come to fruition and win an award for its contributions to the community meant a great deal. The business has provided an outlet for artists of a variety of different media.
Salmon Creek Coffee Co. is hosting a show by Okanogan Middle and High School students this month.
The business has two part-time employees.
Equipment is listed for sale on Craigslist.
More like this story
- 820 (2015-518, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-513 Oct. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-512 Oct. 7, 14) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-507 Sept. 30, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2015-503 Sept. 30, Oct. 7) NOTICE OF HEARING PUBLIC UTILITY DISTRICT NO. 1 OF OKANOGAN COUNTY 2016 PROPOSED BUDGET
- 820 (2015-490 Sept. 23, 30, Oct. 7) In The Superior Court Of The State Of Washington County of Chelan.
- 820 (2015-456 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-455 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Public Notice
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Town of Twisp Request for Statement of Qualifications
State Department of Fish and Wildlife Sgt. Dan Christensen recorded this video of the release of a mama bear and her three cubs Friday, Sept. 11, 2015. The bears were captured in a tree at Esther Bricques Winery near Ellisforde. The original video was much longer. We've edited out several minutes of footage between the cubs leaving the first trap and the mama and cub leaving the second trap. Enlarge