Wednesday, December 11, 2013
OKANOGAN The city’s 2012 business of the year is closing up shop at year’s end.
Owner Melanie Carroll said she plans to close Salmon Creek Coffee Co., 134 S. Second Ave., but is amenable to leasing the business.
She said she and her husband, Autumn Carroll, have a new baby, Eloise, who was born Oct. 15, and an older daughter, Parker, 4 ½. Melanie Carroll said she wants to stay at home with the children while they are young.
The shop, which offers coffee and other beverages, lunchtime sandwiches and other items, opened Aug. 11, 2011. She said business is going well.
“It was such a hard decision, but I won’t get this time back with” the children, she said.
She and her husband own a 10-acre organic orchard, Harvesting Autumn, and plan to focus on the farm.
Salmon Creek Coffee Co. was honored in October by the Okanogan Chamber of Commerce for its strong support of the area and devotion to local artists.
While accepting the chamber award, Melanie Carroll said Salmon Creek Coffee began as just an idea, so to see that idea come to fruition and win an award for its contributions to the community meant a great deal. The business has provided an outlet for artists of a variety of different media.
Salmon Creek Coffee Co. is hosting a show by Okanogan Middle and High School students this month.
The business has two part-time employees.
Equipment is listed for sale on Craigslist.
More like this story
- Donations sought for Wellpinit fire victims
- Pickens North wildfire reaches 600 acres
- Crews work to line Pickens North fire
- 820 (2016-349 Aug. 24, 31) CALL for BIDS-BID No. 418-16
- Opening arguments start in Alltus murder case
- 810 (2016-346 Aug. 17, 24) NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
- (2016-336 Aug. 10, 17, 24) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-347 Aug. 24)Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority
- 820 (2016-348 Aug. 24) Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority Board
- Meteorologists issue red flag warning
Live wildfire coverage
Pickens Mountain fire near Split Rock Road in Havillah. Footage filmed live on location 8/24/16 Enlarge