Wednesday, December 11, 2013
OKANOGAN The city’s 2012 business of the year is closing up shop at year’s end.
Owner Melanie Carroll said she plans to close Salmon Creek Coffee Co., 134 S. Second Ave., but is amenable to leasing the business.
She said she and her husband, Autumn Carroll, have a new baby, Eloise, who was born Oct. 15, and an older daughter, Parker, 4 ½. Melanie Carroll said she wants to stay at home with the children while they are young.
The shop, which offers coffee and other beverages, lunchtime sandwiches and other items, opened Aug. 11, 2011. She said business is going well.
“It was such a hard decision, but I won’t get this time back with” the children, she said.
She and her husband own a 10-acre organic orchard, Harvesting Autumn, and plan to focus on the farm.
Salmon Creek Coffee Co. was honored in October by the Okanogan Chamber of Commerce for its strong support of the area and devotion to local artists.
While accepting the chamber award, Melanie Carroll said Salmon Creek Coffee began as just an idea, so to see that idea come to fruition and win an award for its contributions to the community meant a great deal. The business has provided an outlet for artists of a variety of different media.
Salmon Creek Coffee Co. is hosting a show by Okanogan Middle and High School students this month.
The business has two part-time employees.
Equipment is listed for sale on Craigslist.
More like this story
- 820 (2016-368 Sept. 14, 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12, 19) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT
- 820 (2016-372 Sept. 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12) IN THE TRIBAL COURT OF THE CONFEDERATED TRIBES OF THE
- 820 (2016-373 Sept. 21, 28) Town of Conconully Call for Bids
- 820 (2016-376 Sept. 28, Oct. 5) NOTICE OF HEARING
- 820 (2016-381 Sept. 28) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-382 Sept. 28) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-386 Sept. 28, Oct. 5, 12) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON COUNTY OF CHELAN
- 800 (2016-377 Sept. 28) Notice of General Election Okanogan County, State of Washington
- 810 (2016-371 Sept. 28) STREET CLOSURE
- 810 (2016-378 Sept. 28) CITY OF OKANOGAN
Chronicle News Broadcast for Sept. 28, 2016
A Ferry County woman claims a wolf attacked her small dog, a motorhome catches fire on Highway 97, a ground breaking ceremony is planned for an Omak Stampede Museum, a look at your weekend weather, and weekly sports repor Enlarge