Wednesday, December 11, 2013
OKANOGAN The city’s 2012 business of the year is closing up shop at year’s end.
Owner Melanie Carroll said she plans to close Salmon Creek Coffee Co., 134 S. Second Ave., but is amenable to leasing the business.
She said she and her husband, Autumn Carroll, have a new baby, Eloise, who was born Oct. 15, and an older daughter, Parker, 4 ½. Melanie Carroll said she wants to stay at home with the children while they are young.
The shop, which offers coffee and other beverages, lunchtime sandwiches and other items, opened Aug. 11, 2011. She said business is going well.
“It was such a hard decision, but I won’t get this time back with” the children, she said.
She and her husband own a 10-acre organic orchard, Harvesting Autumn, and plan to focus on the farm.
Salmon Creek Coffee Co. was honored in October by the Okanogan Chamber of Commerce for its strong support of the area and devotion to local artists.
While accepting the chamber award, Melanie Carroll said Salmon Creek Coffee began as just an idea, so to see that idea come to fruition and win an award for its contributions to the community meant a great deal. The business has provided an outlet for artists of a variety of different media.
Salmon Creek Coffee Co. is hosting a show by Okanogan Middle and High School students this month.
The business has two part-time employees.
Equipment is listed for sale on Craigslist.
More like this story
- Crews continue battling Kettle Complex fires
- Tucannon Fire nearly contained
- Carpenter Road Fire now 45 percent contained
- Wolverine Fire meeting set for Plain
- Grant County deputy fired
- 800 (2015-448 Aug. 26, Sept 2, 9, 16) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 800 2015-453 Sept. 2) Twisp River Floodplain, SEPA 2015-7 Final SEPA Determination
- 820 (2015-379 July 29, Aug. 5, 12, 19, 26, Sept. 2) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2015-380 July 29, Aug. 5, 12, 19, 26 Sept. 2) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-395 July 29, Aug. 5, 12, 19, 26, Sept.2) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN.
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge