Wednesday, December 11, 2013
OMAK CareNet Pregnancy Center will host an open house from 4-7 p.m. Saturday to show off its new location at 4 S. Main St.
The open house, with hot chocolate and cookies, includes a drawing for a quilt.
CareNet offers free community services, including pregnancy testing, parenting classes and healthy relationship education. It also has an “earn while you learn program,” where residents can participate in educational programs and be rewarded with material needs, such as diapers, baby food, clothing for their children and maternity clothing.
“I want everyone to feel they can walk through the doors without any judgment from the staff,” spokeswoman Stephanie Brown said. “We look forward to seeing all the new faces (at the open house).”
The organization opened in its new building Dec. 1. CareNet has been in Okanogan County for more than 20 years.
Its leaders include Angel Ross, director, and Sara Bernsten, client services director.
Lois Rhoads is the director of the “Choose Abstinence to Choose Health” program, which educates Okanogan County public schools every year on choosing abstinence.
It is open from noon to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
More like this story
- Woodcutting accident causes Ferry County power outage
- Officials suspend pursuit on Profanity Peak wolves
- Work slated to begin soon on Omak DNR fire base
- New business to occupy former Hughes store in Oroville
- 810 (2016-414 Oct. 19, 26) CITY OF OKANOGAN 2017 FINAL BUDGET PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
- 810 (2016-419 Oct. 26, Nov. 2) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 810 (2016-422 Oct. 26) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OMAK CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2016-423 Oct. 26) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OMAK CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2016-424 Oct. 26) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OMAK CITY COUNCIL
- 820 (2016-390 Oct. 5, 12, 19, 26, Nov. 2, 9) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge