Wednesday, December 11, 2013
OMAK CareNet Pregnancy Center will host an open house from 4-7 p.m. Saturday to show off its new location at 4 S. Main St.
The open house, with hot chocolate and cookies, includes a drawing for a quilt.
CareNet offers free community services, including pregnancy testing, parenting classes and healthy relationship education. It also has an “earn while you learn program,” where residents can participate in educational programs and be rewarded with material needs, such as diapers, baby food, clothing for their children and maternity clothing.
“I want everyone to feel they can walk through the doors without any judgment from the staff,” spokeswoman Stephanie Brown said. “We look forward to seeing all the new faces (at the open house).”
The organization opened in its new building Dec. 1. CareNet has been in Okanogan County for more than 20 years.
Its leaders include Angel Ross, director, and Sara Bernsten, client services director.
Lois Rhoads is the director of the “Choose Abstinence to Choose Health” program, which educates Okanogan County public schools every year on choosing abstinence.
It is open from noon to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
More like this story
- 810 (2015-472 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) City of Omak
- 810 (2015-562 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) INVITATION TO BID
- 810 (2015-613 Nov. 18, 25) At the regular council meeting of November 10, 2015
- 810 (2015-626 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) Notice is hereby given that the Town of Riverside, Washington
- 810 (2015-627 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) A public meeting for the 2016 Budget
- 810 (2015-628 Nov. 25) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OKANOGAN CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2015-629 Nov. 25) CITY OF OKANOGAN NOTICE OF STREET CLOSURE NOTICE
- 810 (2015-630 Nov. 25) SUMMARY OF RESOLUTION No. 39-2015 OF THE City of Omak, Washington.
- 810 (2015-632 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2015-612 Nov. 18, 25, Dec. 2) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON