Wednesday, December 11, 2013
OMAK CareNet Pregnancy Center will host an open house from 4-7 p.m. Saturday to show off its new location at 4 S. Main St.
The open house, with hot chocolate and cookies, includes a drawing for a quilt.
CareNet offers free community services, including pregnancy testing, parenting classes and healthy relationship education. It also has an “earn while you learn program,” where residents can participate in educational programs and be rewarded with material needs, such as diapers, baby food, clothing for their children and maternity clothing.
“I want everyone to feel they can walk through the doors without any judgment from the staff,” spokeswoman Stephanie Brown said. “We look forward to seeing all the new faces (at the open house).”
The organization opened in its new building Dec. 1. CareNet has been in Okanogan County for more than 20 years.
Its leaders include Angel Ross, director, and Sara Bernsten, client services director.
Lois Rhoads is the director of the “Choose Abstinence to Choose Health” program, which educates Okanogan County public schools every year on choosing abstinence.
It is open from noon to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
More like this story
- Crews continue battling Kettle Complex fires
- Tucannon Fire nearly contained
- Carpenter Road Fire now 45 percent contained
- Wolverine Fire meeting set for Plain
- Grant County deputy fired
- 800 (2015-448 Aug. 26, Sept 2, 9, 16) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 800 2015-453 Sept. 2) Twisp River Floodplain, SEPA 2015-7 Final SEPA Determination
- 820 (2015-379 July 29, Aug. 5, 12, 19, 26, Sept. 2) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2015-380 July 29, Aug. 5, 12, 19, 26 Sept. 2) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-395 July 29, Aug. 5, 12, 19, 26, Sept.2) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN.
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge