Wednesday, December 11, 2013
(2013-659 Dec, 11)
The Colville Tribes Land Use Review Board will be holding a public hearing to make a ruling on the following Land Use Development application for a conditional use:
Gebbers Farms represented by Jan Wyss has submitted a land use and development permit application to prepare several leased Tribal Tracts to plant orchard (apples & cherries) trees and place a pressurized irrigation system to pump water from the Columbia and or Okanogan Rivers. This project will include a substantial amount of trenching to place irrigation pipes and road building access. The project is located within Tribal Tract 101-T5325 ( Township 29 North, Range 25 East, Section 14) containing 80 acres, 101-1144 (T30 N, R25E, S25) containing 120 acres; 101-1145 (T30N, R25E, S25) containing 160 acres; 101-T4048 (T30N, R25E, S12) containing 10 acres; 101-T3726 (T30N, R25E) containing 10 acres; 101-T689 (lots 8 & 9; S31, lots 3 & 4 S32 all within T32N, R25E) containing 113.65 acres; 101-T4381 (T30N, R25E, S12) containing 60 acres; 101-T1044 (T31N, R25E, S35) containing 110 acres; 101-T1045 (T31N, R25E, S35) containing 120 acres; 101-T1123 (lot 2; S10, Lot 6 S15 all within T31N, R25E) containing 152.12 acres; 101-T1124 (T31N, R25E, portions of S14/15) containing 160 acres all within Okanogan County and the boundaries of the Colville Indian Reservation.
Gebbers Farms submitted a land use and development permit application to add 25 - 15’x25’ sleeping units to an existing tent and cabin camp including a 24’x60’ bath house, 24’x60’ laundry house. Water will come from an existing group A system and sewer will be on site. The site will be used to house farm workers. The site is located within Township 29 North, Range 25 East, Section 13 on fee property within an Okanogan County parcel #2925130018 containing 20.12 acres more or less and is within the boundaries of the Colville Indian Reservation.
A public hearing for the above mentioned Land Use Development Permit Application will be conducted on Thursday, December 19, 2013 at the Colville Tribal Credit conference room on the Colville Indian Agency Campus starting at 9:30 a.m. Written comments may be sent to Pete Palmer, Land Use/Shoreline Administrator, P.O. Box 150, Nespelem, WA 99155 or they can be faxed to her attention at 509-634-2581. You can also contact the Tribal Planning Department at the afore-mentioned address or phone number to request a copy of the permit document.
Published by Omak-Okanogan County Chronicle.
More like this story
- (2014-660 Dec. 17) PUBLIC NOTICE The Colville Tribes Land Use Review Board will be holding a public hearing to make a ruling on the following land use and development permits:
- 820 (2015-135 March 18) PUBLIC NOTICE
- (2013-591 Nov. 13) PUBLIC NOTICE The Colville Tribes Land Use Review Board
- 820 (2015-368 July 22) PUBLIC NOTICE
- (2014-098 Feb. 19) PUBLIC NOTICE The Colville Tribes Land Use Review Board will be holding a public hearing to make a ruling on the following Land Use Development application for a conditional use:
- Madden talks of wolves
- Fire victims share stories
- Family Faire is this weekend
- Pateros forfeits Friday's football game
- Pool tournament to honor Lucas White
- Dance hall era
- Conconully Lake Resort closes
- County considers health board’s future
- High school football scores
- High winds expected Friday, Saturday
State Department of Fish and Wildlife Sgt. Dan Christensen recorded this video of the release of a mama bear and her three cubs Friday, Sept. 11, 2015. The bears were captured in a tree at Esther Bricques Winery near Ellisforde. The original video was much longer. We've edited out several minutes of footage between the cubs leaving the first trap and the mama and cub leaving the second trap. Enlarge