Wednesday, December 11, 2013
(2013-657 Dec. 11)
Notice of Final SEPA Determination
Twin Lakes Water Storage Project, SEPA
The Twin Lakes Aquifer Coalition has applied for a groundwater right under application G4-34915 to withdraw groundwater near the Methow River to augment water levels in Twin Lakes area of Okanogan County that have been declining since 2001. TLAC will pump from wells in hydraulic continuity with the river only when river flows are high. Approximately 800 acre feet will be diverted to storage during each of the first ten years and 550 acre feet each year thereafter. The project will store about 1,600 acre feet and will return 300-450 acre feet annually to the river through the aquifer system. Although water withdrawals from the Methow River system will be limited to high flows, water returning to the river will be continuous and will be trusted to Office of Columbia River to benefit and out-of-stream uses.
The Okanogan County and Department of Ecology Office of Columbia River SEPA Co-Lead Responsible officials issued a final environmental determination of non-significance (DNS) in accordance with WAC 197-11. This decision may be appealed in accordance with OCC 14.04.220. Appeals must be made in writing to the Board of Okanogan County Commissioners, 123 5th Ave N Ste. 150, Okanogan, WA 98840. Appeals must be submitted or postmarked by 5:00 p.m. on December 26, 2013. Appeals shall state with specificity the elements of the environmental checklist and resulting determination the appellant finds objectionable and shall state the reason therefore. Appeals must include the $300.00 appeal fee. Failure to file a timely and complete appeal shall constitute waiver of all administrative appeal under county code.
Information is available at http://www.ecy.wa.gov/programs/wr/cwp/tlws.html. Direct your questions to, Charlene Schumacher, Senior Planner at Okanogan County Office of Planning & Development, 123 5th Ave. N., Suite 130, Okanogan, WA 98840, (509)422-7113 or e-amil email@example.com
Published by Omak-Okanogan County Chronicle.
More like this story
- (2014-100 Feb. 19) Notice of Final SEPA Determination 1890’s Side Channel, SEPA 2013-12
- (2014-056 Jan. 22) Loup Loup Bridge SEPA 2013-12
- (2014-044 Jan. 22) Johnson Creek Water Users Association, SEPA 2013-10 Final SEPA Determination
- (2014-012 Jan. 1) Johnson Creek Water Users Association, SEPA 2013-10 Threshold SEPA Determination
- (2013-597 Nov. 13) Notice of Final SEPA Determination Okanogan County Public Works 2014-2019 Six Year Transportation Improvement Program SEPA 2013-8
- 820 (2015-518, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-513 Oct. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-512 Oct. 7, 14) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-507 Sept. 30, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2015-503 Sept. 30, Oct. 7) NOTICE OF HEARING PUBLIC UTILITY DISTRICT NO. 1 OF OKANOGAN COUNTY 2016 PROPOSED BUDGET
- 820 (2015-490 Sept. 23, 30, Oct. 7) In The Superior Court Of The State Of Washington County of Chelan.
- 820 (2015-456 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-455 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Public Notice
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Town of Twisp Request for Statement of Qualifications
State Department of Fish and Wildlife Sgt. Dan Christensen recorded this video of the release of a mama bear and her three cubs Friday, Sept. 11, 2015. The bears were captured in a tree at Esther Bricques Winery near Ellisforde. The original video was much longer. We've edited out several minutes of footage between the cubs leaving the first trap and the mama and cub leaving the second trap. Enlarge