Tuesday, December 10, 2013
OMAK A 10-week Postal Pistol Match starts Thursday at the Omak Fish and Game Club, 26 old Riverside Highway.
Shooters can shoot at either 5 p.m. Thursday or 9 a.m. Sunday starting each week, spokesman Ralph Malone said.
There is a break for Christmas. Competition wraps up Feb. 23.
“The match is fired using the National Rifle Association’s Bullseye Pistol Course of Fire reduced for 50-foot distance,” Malone said. “So you are firing 10 shots slow fire, 10 shots timed fire and 10 shots rapid fire.
“This is the small bore pistol match only. So, the caliber is limited to .22 long rifle.”
If a shooter can’t make a match Thursday, they can shoot that week’s Sunday match, Malone said.
“The idea is you shoot one match per week, not both days,” he said.
If you are not able to make a match on either day, Malone said make-ups can be arranged.
“This is a great and inexpensive way to get some good shooting practice in, and have some fun and fellowship with a bunch of good guys,” Malone said. “If you have ever been curious about what this type of competition is all about, make sure you check these guys out. They will help you in any way they can.”
To sign up, call either Richard Kleinfelder at 509-422-5419 or Clay Brown at 509-826-2812.
More like this story
- Burn ban extended for parts of Okanogan County
- 820 2016-011 Jan. 20, Feb. 10)
- 800 (2016-012 Jan. 13, 20, 27) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN - JUVENILE
- 800 (2016-024 Jan. 20) Notice of Appeal Hearing SEPA Appeal of DNS for CUP 2015-8 Morgan Septic Lagoon
- 800 (2016-025 Jan. 20) Notice Seeking Comments regarding Juvenile Detention Options
- 810 (2016-019 Jan. 20) Notice of Initiation of Plan Update, Adoption for Implementation and Issuance of a DNS under SEPA
- 820 (2016-021 Jan. 20, 27, Feb. 03, 10) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-018 Jan. 20, 27, Feb. 3) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2016-013 Jan. 13, 20, 27) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER FOR SALE
- 820 (2016-014 Jan. 13, 20, 27) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE