Tuesday, December 10, 2013
OMAK A 10-week Postal Pistol Match starts Thursday at the Omak Fish and Game Club, 26 old Riverside Highway.
Shooters can shoot at either 5 p.m. Thursday or 9 a.m. Sunday starting each week, spokesman Ralph Malone said.
There is a break for Christmas. Competition wraps up Feb. 23.
“The match is fired using the National Rifle Association’s Bullseye Pistol Course of Fire reduced for 50-foot distance,” Malone said. “So you are firing 10 shots slow fire, 10 shots timed fire and 10 shots rapid fire.
“This is the small bore pistol match only. So, the caliber is limited to .22 long rifle.”
If a shooter can’t make a match Thursday, they can shoot that week’s Sunday match, Malone said.
“The idea is you shoot one match per week, not both days,” he said.
If you are not able to make a match on either day, Malone said make-ups can be arranged.
“This is a great and inexpensive way to get some good shooting practice in, and have some fun and fellowship with a bunch of good guys,” Malone said. “If you have ever been curious about what this type of competition is all about, make sure you check these guys out. They will help you in any way they can.”
To sign up, call either Richard Kleinfelder at 509-422-5419 or Clay Brown at 509-826-2812.
More like this story
- Business Council Chairman Boyd has died
- Do-it-yourself fireworks show in limbo
- Small fires, smoke checks reported
- Colville Tribal election returns too close to call
- Okanogan County ATV ordinance ruled invalid
- New wolf pack confirmed in Ferry County
- Safe 'n' Sane fireworks allowed in part of Omak
- 800 (2016-259 June 15, 22) Superior Court Clerk is requesting proposals
- 800 (2016-262 June 22) Notice of Primary Election
- 800 (2016-266 June 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON,
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge