Tuesday, December 10, 2013
OMAK A 10-week Postal Pistol Match starts Thursday at the Omak Fish and Game Club, 26 old Riverside Highway.
Shooters can shoot at either 5 p.m. Thursday or 9 a.m. Sunday starting each week, spokesman Ralph Malone said.
There is a break for Christmas. Competition wraps up Feb. 23.
“The match is fired using the National Rifle Association’s Bullseye Pistol Course of Fire reduced for 50-foot distance,” Malone said. “So you are firing 10 shots slow fire, 10 shots timed fire and 10 shots rapid fire.
“This is the small bore pistol match only. So, the caliber is limited to .22 long rifle.”
If a shooter can’t make a match Thursday, they can shoot that week’s Sunday match, Malone said.
“The idea is you shoot one match per week, not both days,” he said.
If you are not able to make a match on either day, Malone said make-ups can be arranged.
“This is a great and inexpensive way to get some good shooting practice in, and have some fun and fellowship with a bunch of good guys,” Malone said. “If you have ever been curious about what this type of competition is all about, make sure you check these guys out. They will help you in any way they can.”
To sign up, call either Richard Kleinfelder at 509-422-5419 or Clay Brown at 509-826-2812.
More like this story
- 49 state patrol troopers sworn in
- Omak bond measure failing in initial returns
- 810 (2017-105 April 26) CITY OF OKANOGAN, WASHINGTON ORDINANCE NO. 1175
- 810 (2017-106 April 26) Notice of Application
- 820 (2017-092 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-093 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-094 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-097 April 19, 26, May 3) NOTICE TO CREDITORS
- 820 (2017-098 April 19, 26) CALL FOR BIDS.
- 820 (2017-102 April 26) The Town of Riverside is seeking applications for Town Council Position No.1.