Tuesday, December 10, 2013
OMAK A 10-week Postal Pistol Match starts Thursday at the Omak Fish and Game Club, 26 old Riverside Highway.
Shooters can shoot at either 5 p.m. Thursday or 9 a.m. Sunday starting each week, spokesman Ralph Malone said.
There is a break for Christmas. Competition wraps up Feb. 23.
“The match is fired using the National Rifle Association’s Bullseye Pistol Course of Fire reduced for 50-foot distance,” Malone said. “So you are firing 10 shots slow fire, 10 shots timed fire and 10 shots rapid fire.
“This is the small bore pistol match only. So, the caliber is limited to .22 long rifle.”
If a shooter can’t make a match Thursday, they can shoot that week’s Sunday match, Malone said.
“The idea is you shoot one match per week, not both days,” he said.
If you are not able to make a match on either day, Malone said make-ups can be arranged.
“This is a great and inexpensive way to get some good shooting practice in, and have some fun and fellowship with a bunch of good guys,” Malone said. “If you have ever been curious about what this type of competition is all about, make sure you check these guys out. They will help you in any way they can.”
To sign up, call either Richard Kleinfelder at 509-422-5419 or Clay Brown at 509-826-2812.
More like this story
- PUD hopefuls share their views at forum
- Thunderstorm rips through county
- Ready, set, Pokemon Go! Online game craze hits the Okanogan
- New curtains installed at PAC
- Officials issue hazardous weather outlook
- Former NVH employee ‘disappointed’ with district
- DNR to add fire base in Omak
- Lynx could be added to state endangered list
- Hit-and-run crash kills Brewster teacher
- Bar-S Foods Company recalls hot dogs, corn dogs
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge