Thursday, December 5, 2013
OMAK Frigid overnight temperatures and a predicted bitter-cold wind chill have prompted the National Weather Service to issue a hazardous weather outlook for the Okanogan Valley and highlands, the Waterville Plateau and Ferry County.
"Bitter-cold temperatures are expected again tonight with overnight lows dropping into the single digits and some negative values for most of the region," a Weather Service report said. "Wind chill values tonight will fall below zero ... Some areas could see wind chills near minus 20."
Frosbite can occur in less than 30 minutes when skin is exposed to that wind chill level, the Weather Service reported.
Residents should expect severe wind chills Saturday as well, the Weather Service reported.
Meteoroligists predict temperatures will rise slightly after that, with overnight lows climbing into the upper-teens by Tuesday.
More like this story
- 49 state patrol troopers sworn in
- Omak bond measure failing in initial returns
- 810 (2017-105 April 26) CITY OF OKANOGAN, WASHINGTON ORDINANCE NO. 1175
- 810 (2017-106 April 26) Notice of Application
- 820 (2017-092 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-093 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-094 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-097 April 19, 26, May 3) NOTICE TO CREDITORS
- 820 (2017-098 April 19, 26) CALL FOR BIDS.
- 820 (2017-102 April 26) The Town of Riverside is seeking applications for Town Council Position No.1.