Thursday, December 5, 2013
OMAK Frigid overnight temperatures and a predicted bitter-cold wind chill have prompted the National Weather Service to issue a hazardous weather outlook for the Okanogan Valley and highlands, the Waterville Plateau and Ferry County.
"Bitter-cold temperatures are expected again tonight with overnight lows dropping into the single digits and some negative values for most of the region," a Weather Service report said. "Wind chill values tonight will fall below zero ... Some areas could see wind chills near minus 20."
Frosbite can occur in less than 30 minutes when skin is exposed to that wind chill level, the Weather Service reported.
Residents should expect severe wind chills Saturday as well, the Weather Service reported.
Meteoroligists predict temperatures will rise slightly after that, with overnight lows climbing into the upper-teens by Tuesday.
More like this story
- 810 (2015-472 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) City of Omak
- 810 (2015-562 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) INVITATION TO BID
- 810 (2015-613 Nov. 18, 25) At the regular council meeting of November 10, 2015
- 810 (2015-626 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) Notice is hereby given that the Town of Riverside, Washington
- 810 (2015-627 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) A public meeting for the 2016 Budget
- 810 (2015-628 Nov. 25) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OKANOGAN CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2015-629 Nov. 25) CITY OF OKANOGAN NOTICE OF STREET CLOSURE NOTICE
- 810 (2015-630 Nov. 25) SUMMARY OF RESOLUTION No. 39-2015 OF THE City of Omak, Washington.
- 810 (2015-632 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2015-612 Nov. 18, 25, Dec. 2) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON