Thursday, December 5, 2013
OMAK Frigid overnight temperatures and a predicted bitter-cold wind chill have prompted the National Weather Service to issue a hazardous weather outlook for the Okanogan Valley and highlands, the Waterville Plateau and Ferry County.
"Bitter-cold temperatures are expected again tonight with overnight lows dropping into the single digits and some negative values for most of the region," a Weather Service report said. "Wind chill values tonight will fall below zero ... Some areas could see wind chills near minus 20."
Frosbite can occur in less than 30 minutes when skin is exposed to that wind chill level, the Weather Service reported.
Residents should expect severe wind chills Saturday as well, the Weather Service reported.
Meteoroligists predict temperatures will rise slightly after that, with overnight lows climbing into the upper-teens by Tuesday.
More like this story
- 820 (2016-438 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE
- 820 (2016-439 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE OF
- 820 (2016-444 Nov. 9, 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-446 Nov. 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2016-456 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-466 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-472 Nov. 30, Dec. 7) NORTH CENTRAL REGIONAL LIBRARY NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2016-473 Dec. 7, 14) Notice of Impact Aid Public Hearing
- 820 (2016-474 Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-475 Dec. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge