Thursday, December 5, 2013
OMAK Frigid overnight temperatures and a predicted bitter-cold wind chill have prompted the National Weather Service to issue a hazardous weather outlook for the Okanogan Valley and highlands, the Waterville Plateau and Ferry County.
"Bitter-cold temperatures are expected again tonight with overnight lows dropping into the single digits and some negative values for most of the region," a Weather Service report said. "Wind chill values tonight will fall below zero ... Some areas could see wind chills near minus 20."
Frosbite can occur in less than 30 minutes when skin is exposed to that wind chill level, the Weather Service reported.
Residents should expect severe wind chills Saturday as well, the Weather Service reported.
Meteoroligists predict temperatures will rise slightly after that, with overnight lows climbing into the upper-teens by Tuesday.
More like this story
- 820 (2016-322 July 20, 27) STATE OF WASHINGTON DEPARTMENT OF ECOLOGY
- 820 (2016-310 July 13, 20, 27) SUPERIOR COURT, STATE OF WASHINGTON, COUNTY OF SPOKANE
- 320 (2016-317 July 27, Aug. 3) OMAK SCHOOL DISTRICT SURPLUS SALE
- 820 (2016-320 July 27) LEGAL NOTICE
- 820 (2016-323 July 20, 27, Aug. 3) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-328 July 20, 27, Aug. 3) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND
- 820 (2016-330 July 27, Aug. 3, 10) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR
- 820 (2016-331 July 27, Aug. 3) INVITATION FOR RE-BIDS
- 820 (2016-332 July 27, Aug. 3) NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
- 820 (2016-313 July 13, 20, 27, Aug. 3) IRS JUDICIAL AUCTION SALE
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge