Thursday, December 5, 2013
OKANOGAN A traveling basketball team from Australia took on Okanogan High School teams Wednesday night.
Many on the team had no more than eight hours sleep during the previous two days that include 36 hours of flying. The team landed in San Francisco, Calif., before reaching Washington state, tour manager Evelyn Jacobs said.
The Kempsey Australia Spirit traveled from the coast of New South Wales, near the Pacific ocean about 152 miles north of Sydney.
Complete coverage and scores will appear in The Chronicle’s Sunday edition.
Following the games, the Spirit mingled with Okanogan players, took team photos and selfies before spending the night at players' homes.
The Spirit played Okanogan on its first stop of its tour. The Australians next play in Pendleton, Ore.
Other stops include Portland, Ore., Battle Ground, Shoreline and Bremerton before heading home Dec. 20.
More like this story
- Business Council Chairman Boyd has died
- Do-it-yourself fireworks show in limbo
- Small fires, smoke checks reported
- Colville Tribal election returns too close to call
- Okanogan County ATV ordinance ruled invalid
- New wolf pack confirmed in Ferry County
- Safe 'n' Sane fireworks allowed in part of Omak
- 800 (2016-259 June 15, 22) Superior Court Clerk is requesting proposals
- 800 (2016-262 June 22) Notice of Primary Election
- 800 (2016-266 June 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON,
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge