Thursday, December 5, 2013
OKANOGAN A traveling basketball team from Australia took on Okanogan High School teams Wednesday night.
Many on the team had no more than eight hours sleep during the previous two days that include 36 hours of flying. The team landed in San Francisco, Calif., before reaching Washington state, tour manager Evelyn Jacobs said.
The Kempsey Australia Spirit traveled from the coast of New South Wales, near the Pacific ocean about 152 miles north of Sydney.
Complete coverage and scores will appear in The Chronicle’s Sunday edition.
Following the games, the Spirit mingled with Okanogan players, took team photos and selfies before spending the night at players' homes.
The Spirit played Okanogan on its first stop of its tour. The Australians next play in Pendleton, Ore.
Other stops include Portland, Ore., Battle Ground, Shoreline and Bremerton before heading home Dec. 20.
More like this story
- Weather brings school delays, closures
- McDonald's plans to introduce new ‘Big Mac' sizes
- Forever stamp prices increase Sunday
- More wet weather in the forecast
- Some after school activities, sports cancelled
- Storm prompts clinic cancelations
- Winter storm brings school delays, closures
- 810 (2017-009 Jan. 11, 18) REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ) AIRPORT MASTER PLAN
- 810 (2017-012 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing
- 810 (2017-016 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing Micro Processing/Manufacturing OKA RA 16-1
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge