Thursday, December 5, 2013
OKANOGAN A traveling basketball team from Australia took on Okanogan High School teams Wednesday night.
Many on the team had no more than eight hours sleep during the previous two days that include 36 hours of flying. The team landed in San Francisco, Calif., before reaching Washington state, tour manager Evelyn Jacobs said.
The Kempsey Australia Spirit traveled from the coast of New South Wales, near the Pacific ocean about 152 miles north of Sydney.
Complete coverage and scores will appear in The Chronicle’s Sunday edition.
Following the games, the Spirit mingled with Okanogan players, took team photos and selfies before spending the night at players' homes.
The Spirit played Okanogan on its first stop of its tour. The Australians next play in Pendleton, Ore.
Other stops include Portland, Ore., Battle Ground, Shoreline and Bremerton before heading home Dec. 20.
More like this story
- Week 8: Friday night football scores
- Candidates share opinions in Okanogan
- Fire damages Omak house
- County faces $87,000 bill for Rabidou lawsuit
- Where is the election funding coming from?
- No steelhead season this winter
- Debate team host carnival tonight
- Power outage planned in Tonasket-area tonight
- Snowfall expected along North Cascade Highway
- 810 (2016-410 Oct. 19) SUMMARY OF ORDINANCE NO. 877
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge