Thursday, December 5, 2013
OKANOGAN More than 600 residents of Okanogan and Ferry counties have signed up for Medicaid since Oct. 1.
According to figures released Dec. 3 by the state's Apple Health program, 558 Okanogan County and 70 Ferry County residents had been added to the Medicaid ranks since Affordable Care Act - also known as 'Obamacare' - enrollment began.
Some of the enrollees may be renewals, the report said.
The report said 91,853 people statewide had qualified for Medicaid as of Dec. 3. That's up from the 51,379 reported Nov. 15.
The state has not yet released new statistics for individuals signing up for a qualified health care plan under the Affordable Care Act. But as of Nov. 15, only 6,351 people in the state had enrolled.
Those Nov. 15 numbers show only 66 people in Okanogan County and three in Ferry County have signed up for a qualified health care plan.
Medicaid enrollments in Okanogan and Ferry County were 379 and 49, respectively, on Nov. 15.
More like this story
- 820 (2016-368 Sept. 14, 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12, 19) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT
- 820 (2016-372 Sept. 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12) IN THE TRIBAL COURT OF THE CONFEDERATED TRIBES OF THE
- 820 (2016-373 Sept. 21, 28) Town of Conconully Call for Bids
- 820 (2016-376 Sept. 28, Oct. 5) NOTICE OF HEARING
- 820 (2016-381 Sept. 28) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-382 Sept. 28) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-386 Sept. 28, Oct. 5, 12) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON COUNTY OF CHELAN
- 800 (2016-377 Sept. 28) Notice of General Election Okanogan County, State of Washington
- 810 (2016-371 Sept. 28) STREET CLOSURE
- 810 (2016-378 Sept. 28) CITY OF OKANOGAN
Chronicle News Broadcast for Sept. 28, 2016
A Ferry County woman claims a wolf attacked her small dog, a motorhome catches fire on Highway 97, a ground breaking ceremony is planned for an Omak Stampede Museum, a look at your weekend weather, and weekly sports repor Enlarge