Thursday, December 5, 2013
OKANOGAN More than 600 residents of Okanogan and Ferry counties have signed up for Medicaid since Oct. 1.
According to figures released Dec. 3 by the state's Apple Health program, 558 Okanogan County and 70 Ferry County residents had been added to the Medicaid ranks since Affordable Care Act - also known as 'Obamacare' - enrollment began.
Some of the enrollees may be renewals, the report said.
The report said 91,853 people statewide had qualified for Medicaid as of Dec. 3. That's up from the 51,379 reported Nov. 15.
The state has not yet released new statistics for individuals signing up for a qualified health care plan under the Affordable Care Act. But as of Nov. 15, only 6,351 people in the state had enrolled.
Those Nov. 15 numbers show only 66 people in Okanogan County and three in Ferry County have signed up for a qualified health care plan.
Medicaid enrollments in Okanogan and Ferry County were 379 and 49, respectively, on Nov. 15.
More like this story
- School officials get earful
- School bond issues going down in defeat
- Ice storm brings closures, hazardous travel
- School delays, closures planned
- 810 (2017-036 Feb. 15) CITY OF OKANOGAN, WASHINGTON ORDINANCE NO. 1173
- 810 (2017-037 Feb. 15) CITY OF OKANOGAN, WASHINGTON ORDINANCE NO. 1172
- 820 (2017-011 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 1, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-013 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 01, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-021 Jan. 25, Feb. 01, 08, 15, 22, March 01) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2017-023 Feb. 1, 08, 15) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY