Thursday, December 5, 2013
NORTHPORT The Curlew High School boys basketball team used big scoring advantages in the first and third quarters to put away Northport, 67-21, in a non-league game Tuesday.
Mathan Knapp scored 23 points and Hunter Beedle added 16 for the Cougars (1-0), who made five 3-pointers in a 23-8 first-quarter run.
Box score: Curlew (67) - Davis 0, Brown 6, Beedle 16, Knapp 23, Poore 6, Grumbach 9, Engebretson 3, Tresham 4, Chamberlin 0. Northport (21) - Short 4, Lamb 6, Plum 5, Shiung 0, Xia 6, Montgomery 0, Fu 0, Baird 0.
Curlew is at Oroville on Saturday with junior-varsity girls kicking off play at 3 p.m. The varsity girls game is at 4:30 p.m. and the boys varsity game starts at 6 p.m.
More like this story
- Community engagement is Methow fair’s theme
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Start them young
- Training exercise planned
- Delayed opener predicted for North Cascades Highway
- Games must go on
- UW students spend break working with youngsters
- Gas prices remain stable; price increases expected
- Growers meet with lawmakers
- Breakfast bill gets Steele amendments
- Drivers have until March 31 to remove studded tires