Thursday, December 5, 2013
NORTHPORT The Curlew High School boys basketball team used big scoring advantages in the first and third quarters to put away Northport, 67-21, in a non-league game Tuesday.
Mathan Knapp scored 23 points and Hunter Beedle added 16 for the Cougars (1-0), who made five 3-pointers in a 23-8 first-quarter run.
Box score: Curlew (67) - Davis 0, Brown 6, Beedle 16, Knapp 23, Poore 6, Grumbach 9, Engebretson 3, Tresham 4, Chamberlin 0. Northport (21) - Short 4, Lamb 6, Plum 5, Shiung 0, Xia 6, Montgomery 0, Fu 0, Baird 0.
Curlew is at Oroville on Saturday with junior-varsity girls kicking off play at 3 p.m. The varsity girls game is at 4:30 p.m. and the boys varsity game starts at 6 p.m.
More like this story
- Power outage reported in Highway 20, Malott and Twisp areas
- Student earns Eagle rank
- Snow survey: Yup, lots of water
- Tribe offers bounty on pike
- Highway clearing continues
- Distracted driving bill approved
- Tonasket ponders annexation
- Newhouse bows out of meeting; staff will relay messages
- State House honors Mel Tonasket
- 810 (2017-099 April 19) SUMMARY OF ORDINANCE NO. 889 of the City of Brewster, Washington