Thursday, December 5, 2013
NORTHPORT The Curlew High School boys basketball team used big scoring advantages in the first and third quarters to put away Northport, 67-21, in a non-league game Tuesday.
Mathan Knapp scored 23 points and Hunter Beedle added 16 for the Cougars (1-0), who made five 3-pointers in a 23-8 first-quarter run.
Box score: Curlew (67) - Davis 0, Brown 6, Beedle 16, Knapp 23, Poore 6, Grumbach 9, Engebretson 3, Tresham 4, Chamberlin 0. Northport (21) - Short 4, Lamb 6, Plum 5, Shiung 0, Xia 6, Montgomery 0, Fu 0, Baird 0.
Curlew is at Oroville on Saturday with junior-varsity girls kicking off play at 3 p.m. The varsity girls game is at 4:30 p.m. and the boys varsity game starts at 6 p.m.
More like this story
- Royal tops Okanogan, 49-0, in state quarterfinals
- St. George's eases past Brewster, 2-1, following a shootout at state
- Omak man arrested after fatal fire
- Investigators called fatal fire scene
- Navy crew responsible for phallic skywriting
- WVCO addresses Confederate flag displayed by student
- Driver injured in accident near Grand Coulee
- Firefighters respond to fully engulfed house fire
- 'The Price Is Right Live' returns to Town Toyota Center
- 51 million americans to travel Thanksgiving weekend