Thursday, December 5, 2013
NORTHPORT The Curlew High School girls basketball team broke open a tied game with a 22-5 run in the second quarter Tuesday night en route to a 44-26 non-league victory over Northport.
The Cougars forced 29 turnovers in the second-quarter run after both teams were tied at 5-5 after the first.
The Gibson twins led the Cougars, with Haleigh scoring 16 points and Lindsey scoring 14 points.
Kathy Higgins produced 9 points, 13 rebounds and 5 steals for the Mustangs.
Box score: Curlew (44) - K. Fanning 6, L. Gibson 14, Keenan 4, H. Gibson 16, McCullough 0, Goree 2, Boyce 0, Belcher 0, Reynolds 2, A. Fanning 0. Northport (26) - Weiner 2, Wiley 2, Slama 3, Baribault 6, Hsieh 0, Sackmann 0, Ward 0, McVey 4, Higgins 9.
The Curlew girls junior-varsity plays Oroville at 3 p.m. Saturday. The varsity girls follow at 4:30 p.m., with the boys varsity taking the court at 6 p.m.
More like this story
- Athletic club adds CrossFit classes
- Bulldog going to Zags
- Records fall at Ritzville
- Tribal primary election is May 7
- Voters say no to school bond issue
- State officials gear up for wildfire season
- PUD to decide yay or nay on Enloe
- County has cash flow problem
- Tonasket wants to annex land south of town
- Drug bust lands eight people in jail
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge