Thursday, December 5, 2013
NORTHPORT The Curlew High School girls basketball team broke open a tied game with a 22-5 run in the second quarter Tuesday night en route to a 44-26 non-league victory over Northport.
The Cougars forced 29 turnovers in the second-quarter run after both teams were tied at 5-5 after the first.
The Gibson twins led the Cougars, with Haleigh scoring 16 points and Lindsey scoring 14 points.
Kathy Higgins produced 9 points, 13 rebounds and 5 steals for the Mustangs.
Box score: Curlew (44) - K. Fanning 6, L. Gibson 14, Keenan 4, H. Gibson 16, McCullough 0, Goree 2, Boyce 0, Belcher 0, Reynolds 2, A. Fanning 0. Northport (26) - Weiner 2, Wiley 2, Slama 3, Baribault 6, Hsieh 0, Sackmann 0, Ward 0, McVey 4, Higgins 9.
The Curlew girls junior-varsity plays Oroville at 3 p.m. Saturday. The varsity girls follow at 4:30 p.m., with the boys varsity taking the court at 6 p.m.
More like this story
- VIDEO: Okanogan County Commissioner Candidate Forum
- Grass fire caused by lawnmower hitting rock
- Colville tribal chairman, musician Jim Boyd dies
- Tonasket EMTs launch legal fund
- Three arrested on drug charges
- Rodeo gallops to Chesaw
- ‘Run for Money’ brings large turnout
- Chronicle wins seven awards in national contest
- 800 (2016-266 June 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON,
- 800 (2016-296 June 29, July 6) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge