Thursday, December 5, 2013
OMAK Two local boys were treated and released Tuesday from Mid-Valley Hospital after being hit by a vehicle on U.S. Highway 97 at the Engh Road intersection.
Kenneth L. George, 15, and Bret A. Stevens, 15, were struck by a vehicle driven by Kaitlin W. Keitzman, 18, of Omak, at about 7 p.m. Tuesday, according to a report by officer Darren Duncan of the Omak Police Department.
George and Keitzman suffered minor injuries and were transported to Mid-Valley Hospital, the report said.
Keitzman was northbound on U.S. Highway 97, near the intersection of Engh Road when the boys darted into her path, the report said.
Since Keitzman had a green light, the boys were at fault and cited for failing to yield to traffic, the report said.
Witnesses told police there was not enough time for Keitzman to stop and the boys were not in the crosswalk, the report said.
The crash dented the fender and broke the windshield of Keitzman’s vehicle, the report said. Keitzman was not injured in the crash.
Police said neither alcohol nor drugs are believed to be factors in the incident.
More like this story
- DNR issues statewide burn ban
- Gubernatorial candidate debate planned tomorrow
- Lightning sparks several small fires
- Results for the Tonasket Truck and Tractor Pull announced
- 820 (2016-322 July 20, 27) STATE OF WASHINGTON DEPARTMENT OF ECOLOGY
- 820 (2016-310 July 13, 20, 27) SUPERIOR COURT, STATE OF WASHINGTON, COUNTY OF SPOKANE
- 320 (2016-317 July 27, Aug. 3) OMAK SCHOOL DISTRICT SURPLUS SALE
- 820 (2016-320 July 27) LEGAL NOTICE
- 820 (2016-323 July 20, 27, Aug. 3) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-328 July 20, 27, Aug. 3) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge