Thursday, December 5, 2013
OMAK Two local boys were treated and released Tuesday from Mid-Valley Hospital after being hit by a vehicle on U.S. Highway 97 at the Engh Road intersection.
Kenneth L. George, 15, and Bret A. Stevens, 15, were struck by a vehicle driven by Kaitlin W. Keitzman, 18, of Omak, at about 7 p.m. Tuesday, according to a report by officer Darren Duncan of the Omak Police Department.
George and Keitzman suffered minor injuries and were transported to Mid-Valley Hospital, the report said.
Keitzman was northbound on U.S. Highway 97, near the intersection of Engh Road when the boys darted into her path, the report said.
Since Keitzman had a green light, the boys were at fault and cited for failing to yield to traffic, the report said.
Witnesses told police there was not enough time for Keitzman to stop and the boys were not in the crosswalk, the report said.
The crash dented the fender and broke the windshield of Keitzman’s vehicle, the report said. Keitzman was not injured in the crash.
Police said neither alcohol nor drugs are believed to be factors in the incident.
More like this story
- Tennis: Okanogan claims two district championships
- Baseball: Okanogan survives first round of regionals
- Soccer: Connell knocks Brewster out of state playoffs, 1-0
- Oversized load will slow Grand Coulee traffic
- Norwill takes medalist honors in playoff
- 1B/2B/1A District 6 tennis finishes first day of tournament
- Construction set for Coho salmon acclimation pond
- First NRA rifle match slated for Saturday at Okanogan
- Baseball: Liberty Bell, Brewster open 2B state at Ferris High School
- Baseball: Okanogan adances to first round of state 1A