Thursday, December 5, 2013
OMAK Two local boys were treated and released Tuesday from Mid-Valley Hospital after being hit by a vehicle on U.S. Highway 97 at the Engh Road intersection.
Kenneth L. George, 15, and Bret A. Stevens, 15, were struck by a vehicle driven by Kaitlin W. Keitzman, 18, of Omak, at about 7 p.m. Tuesday, according to a report by officer Darren Duncan of the Omak Police Department.
George and Keitzman suffered minor injuries and were transported to Mid-Valley Hospital, the report said.
Keitzman was northbound on U.S. Highway 97, near the intersection of Engh Road when the boys darted into her path, the report said.
Since Keitzman had a green light, the boys were at fault and cited for failing to yield to traffic, the report said.
Witnesses told police there was not enough time for Keitzman to stop and the boys were not in the crosswalk, the report said.
The crash dented the fender and broke the windshield of Keitzman’s vehicle, the report said. Keitzman was not injured in the crash.
Police said neither alcohol nor drugs are believed to be factors in the incident.
More like this story
- Tonasket basketball coach reinstated
- Mumps case reported in Okanogan County
- 820 (2017-011 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 1, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-013 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 01, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-021 Jan. 25, Feb. 01, 08, 15, 22, March 01) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2017-035 Feb. 15, 22) ADVERTISEMENT FOR BID TOWN OF TWISP - PUBLIC WORKS SHOP
- 820 (2017-039 Feb. 15, 22) Notice is hereby given that WDFW of Olympia WA filed an application
- 820 (2017-040 Feb. 22, March 1, 8) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2017-041 Feb. 22, March 1) BOARD MEMBER NEEDED!
- 820 (2017-042 Feb. 22) MEETING NOTICE