Originally published December 4, 2013 at 11:31a.m., updated December 4, 2013 at 01:50p.m.
OKANOGAN Okanogan boys and girls dominated basketball play at a jamboree Tuesday night in their home gymnasium.
Okanogan girls dunked Oroville, then routed Liberty Bell in two of the eight, 10-minute jamboree match-ups kicking off the winter high school sports season.
The Okanogan girls topped Oroville, 23-2, behind 4 points each by Jill Townsend and Jordyn Boesel. Mikayla Scott scored 2 points for the Hornets.
The Okanogan girls closed out the night toppling Liberty Bell, 44-2. Townsend and Cayden Diefenbach each scored 8 points. Boesel scored 7 points and Janice Romero 6 points.
The Mountain Lions got a free throw each from Lauren Fitzmaurice and Exie Romero.
Okanogan used its junior varsity boys to beat Oroville, 22-5.
Toby Pruitt scored 9 points and Joey Staggs added 7 points for the Bulldogs.
Dustin Nigg hit a 3-pointer and Bryce Glover made two free throws for Oroville.
Okanogan put its varsity boys on the floor to defeat Liberty Bell.
Scoring was not available for the game.
- Kylie Dellinger and Kathryn Cleman each scored 4 points to lead the Tonasket girls past Liberty Bell, 16-7. Fitzmaurice scored 4 points for the Mountain Lions.
- Oroville overcame the Tonasket girls, 13-2, in a game with 14 fouls between the two teams. Brittany Jewett scored 7 points and Kali Peters added 5 points for Oroville.
- The Tonasket boys used a late run for a 20-14 win over Liberty Bell in the tightest contest of the night. Michael Orozco and Ethan Bensing each scored 6 points for the Tigers. Austin Watson and William Duguay each scored 4 points for the Mountain Lions.
- The Tonasket boys, behind the 6 points by Orozco, beat Oroville, 20-10. The Hornets’ Bryce Glover (5 points) and Joe Sarmiento each hit 3-pointers for the Hornets.
More like this story
- Crews continue battling Kettle Complex fires
- Tucannon Fire nearly contained
- Carpenter Road Fire now 45 percent contained
- Wolverine Fire meeting set for Plain
- Grant County deputy fired
- 800 (2015-448 Aug. 26, Sept 2, 9, 16) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 800 2015-453 Sept. 2) Twisp River Floodplain, SEPA 2015-7 Final SEPA Determination
- 820 (2015-379 July 29, Aug. 5, 12, 19, 26, Sept. 2) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2015-380 July 29, Aug. 5, 12, 19, 26 Sept. 2) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-395 July 29, Aug. 5, 12, 19, 26, Sept.2) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN.
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge