Tuesday, December 3, 2013
CHELAN FALLS Authorities say a Tonasket truck driver is responsible for a head-on crash that resulted in his and other injuries.
Louis J. Zabreznik, 54, was northbound on U.S. Highway 97 at about 11:08 a.m. Tuesday when his tractor-trailer crossed the centerline about seven miles north of town and slammed into a Ford F150 truck, the Washington State Patrol reported.
The driver of the second vehicle and his passenger, respectively Larry N. and Mary L. Ottini, both 63 and from Monroe, were both injured in the crash, as was Zabreznik, the State Patrol reported.
All three were taken by ambulance to Lake Chelan Community Hospital, the State Patrol reported. They were all wearing seatbelts at the time of the collision.
Their conditions were not immediately available.
Zabreznik’s 1987 Kenworth was towed from the crash scene by Randy’s Towing while the Ottini vehicle was towed by Stormin Towing, the State Patrol reported. Both vehicles were destroyed.
The State Patrol said charges may be pending against Zabreznik for crossing the highway’s centerline.
More like this story
- Bail set for Piturachsatit
- Candidates speak at Lincoln Day dinner
- Lake Roosevelt Elementary assistant principal arrested
- 800 (2016-029 Jan. 27, Feb. 3) NOTICE OF CALL FOR BIDS
- 800 (2016-042 Feb. 3) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-044 Feb. 3, 10) PUBLIC NOTICE OKANOGAN COUNTY SMALL WORKS ROSTER
- 800 (2016-047 Feb. 3) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-048 Feb. 3) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-049 Feb. 3) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-050 Feb. 3) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision