Tuesday, December 3, 2013
CHELAN FALLS Authorities say a Tonasket truck driver is responsible for a head-on crash that resulted in his and other injuries.
Louis J. Zabreznik, 54, was northbound on U.S. Highway 97 at about 11:08 a.m. Tuesday when his tractor-trailer crossed the centerline about seven miles north of town and slammed into a Ford F150 truck, the Washington State Patrol reported.
The driver of the second vehicle and his passenger, respectively Larry N. and Mary L. Ottini, both 63 and from Monroe, were both injured in the crash, as was Zabreznik, the State Patrol reported.
All three were taken by ambulance to Lake Chelan Community Hospital, the State Patrol reported. They were all wearing seatbelts at the time of the collision.
Their conditions were not immediately available.
Zabreznik’s 1987 Kenworth was towed from the crash scene by Randy’s Towing while the Ottini vehicle was towed by Stormin Towing, the State Patrol reported. Both vehicles were destroyed.
The State Patrol said charges may be pending against Zabreznik for crossing the highway’s centerline.
More like this story
- 810 (2016-353 Aug. 31) The Omak fire Department
- 820 (2016-354 Aug. 31) NOTICE OF APPLICATION AND ISSUANCE OF A DNS UNDER SEPA
- 820 (2016-349 Aug. 24, 31) CALL for BIDS BID No. 418-16
- 820 (2016-350 Aug. 31, Sept. 7, 14) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN
- 820 (2016-351 Aug. 31, Sept. 7) REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
- 820 (2016-352 Aug. 31, Sept. 7) Request for Proposal (RFP) and Scope of Work (SOW) Environmental
- Donations sought for Wellpinit fire victims
- Pickens North wildfire reaches 600 acres
- Crews work to line Pickens North fire
- 820 (2016-349 Aug. 24, 31) CALL for BIDS-BID No. 418-16
Live wildfire coverage
Pickens Mountain fire near Split Rock Road in Havillah. Footage filmed live on location 8/24/16 Enlarge