Tuesday, December 3, 2013
CHELAN FALLS Authorities say a Tonasket truck driver is responsible for a head-on crash that resulted in his and other injuries.
Louis J. Zabreznik, 54, was northbound on U.S. Highway 97 at about 11:08 a.m. Tuesday when his tractor-trailer crossed the centerline about seven miles north of town and slammed into a Ford F150 truck, the Washington State Patrol reported.
The driver of the second vehicle and his passenger, respectively Larry N. and Mary L. Ottini, both 63 and from Monroe, were both injured in the crash, as was Zabreznik, the State Patrol reported.
All three were taken by ambulance to Lake Chelan Community Hospital, the State Patrol reported. They were all wearing seatbelts at the time of the collision.
Their conditions were not immediately available.
Zabreznik’s 1987 Kenworth was towed from the crash scene by Randy’s Towing while the Ottini vehicle was towed by Stormin Towing, the State Patrol reported. Both vehicles were destroyed.
The State Patrol said charges may be pending against Zabreznik for crossing the highway’s centerline.
More like this story
- Business Council Chairman Boyd has died
- Do-it-yourself fireworks show in limbo
- Small fires, smoke checks reported
- Colville Tribal election returns too close to call
- Okanogan County ATV ordinance ruled invalid
- New wolf pack confirmed in Ferry County
- Safe 'n' Sane fireworks allowed in part of Omak
- 800 (2016-259 June 15, 22) Superior Court Clerk is requesting proposals
- 800 (2016-262 June 22) Notice of Primary Election
- 800 (2016-266 June 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON,
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge