Tuesday, December 3, 2013
CHELAN FALLS Authorities say a Tonasket truck driver is responsible for a head-on crash that resulted in his and other injuries.
Louis J. Zabreznik, 54, was northbound on U.S. Highway 97 at about 11:08 a.m. Tuesday when his tractor-trailer crossed the centerline about seven miles north of town and slammed into a Ford F150 truck, the Washington State Patrol reported.
The driver of the second vehicle and his passenger, respectively Larry N. and Mary L. Ottini, both 63 and from Monroe, were both injured in the crash, as was Zabreznik, the State Patrol reported.
All three were taken by ambulance to Lake Chelan Community Hospital, the State Patrol reported. They were all wearing seatbelts at the time of the collision.
Their conditions were not immediately available.
Zabreznik’s 1987 Kenworth was towed from the crash scene by Randy’s Towing while the Ottini vehicle was towed by Stormin Towing, the State Patrol reported. Both vehicles were destroyed.
The State Patrol said charges may be pending against Zabreznik for crossing the highway’s centerline.
More like this story
- 800 (2016-173 April 27, May 4) Notice of Public Hearing
- 800 (2016-185 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-186 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-187 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-188 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 810 (2016-182 May 4) At the regular council meeting
- 810 (2016-184 May 4) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2016-181 May 4, 11, 18) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-156 May 4, 11) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2016-183 May 4, 11, 18, 25, June 1, 8) Superior Court of Washington
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge