Tuesday, December 3, 2013
CHELAN FALLS Authorities say a Tonasket truck driver is responsible for a head-on crash that resulted in his and other injuries.
Louis J. Zabreznik, 54, was northbound on U.S. Highway 97 at about 11:08 a.m. Tuesday when his tractor-trailer crossed the centerline about seven miles north of town and slammed into a Ford F150 truck, the Washington State Patrol reported.
The driver of the second vehicle and his passenger, respectively Larry N. and Mary L. Ottini, both 63 and from Monroe, were both injured in the crash, as was Zabreznik, the State Patrol reported.
All three were taken by ambulance to Lake Chelan Community Hospital, the State Patrol reported. They were all wearing seatbelts at the time of the collision.
Their conditions were not immediately available.
Zabreznik’s 1987 Kenworth was towed from the crash scene by Randy’s Towing while the Ottini vehicle was towed by Stormin Towing, the State Patrol reported. Both vehicles were destroyed.
The State Patrol said charges may be pending against Zabreznik for crossing the highway’s centerline.
More like this story
- 810 (2015-472 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) City of Omak
- 810 (2015-562 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) INVITATION TO BID
- 810 (2015-613 Nov. 18, 25) At the regular council meeting of November 10, 2015
- 810 (2015-626 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) Notice is hereby given that the Town of Riverside, Washington
- 810 (2015-627 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) A public meeting for the 2016 Budget
- 810 (2015-628 Nov. 25) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OKANOGAN CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2015-629 Nov. 25) CITY OF OKANOGAN NOTICE OF STREET CLOSURE NOTICE
- 810 (2015-630 Nov. 25) SUMMARY OF RESOLUTION No. 39-2015 OF THE City of Omak, Washington.
- 810 (2015-632 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2015-612 Nov. 18, 25, Dec. 2) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON