Monday, December 2, 2013
AIRWAY HEIGHTS An area woman is facing drunken driving and reckless endangerment charges after driving through a fence with a 14-year-old boy in her car.
According to the Washington State Patrol, Arika Ann McDowell, 22, of Wilbur was westbound on U.S. Highway 2 when she crossed the centerline, ran off the roadway and crashed through a Fairchild Air Force Base fence at 6:31 p.m. Sunday.
While McDowell was not injured in the crash, her juvenile passenger was taken to Sacred Heart Hospital for possible injuries, the State Patrol reported.
Both the driver and passenger were wearing seatbelts, the State Patrol reported, noting the cause of the crash was drunken driving.
More like this story
- PUD to decide yay or nay on Enloe
- County has cash flow problem
- Tonasket wants to annex land south of town
- Drug bust lands eight people in jail
- Okanogan school levy falling short of 60 percent
- 800 (2016-173 April 27, May 4) Notice of Public Hearing
- 800 (2016-175 April 27) Mooney SP 2016-2 Application and SEPA Exemption
- 800 (2016-176 April 27) Jackass SP 2016-1 Application and SEPA Exemption
- 800 (2016-177 April 27) Yakama Nation Twisp Ponds Project, SEPA 2016-1 Final SEPA Determination
- 800 (2016-178 April 27) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge