Monday, December 2, 2013
AIRWAY HEIGHTS An area woman is facing drunken driving and reckless endangerment charges after driving through a fence with a 14-year-old boy in her car.
According to the Washington State Patrol, Arika Ann McDowell, 22, of Wilbur was westbound on U.S. Highway 2 when she crossed the centerline, ran off the roadway and crashed through a Fairchild Air Force Base fence at 6:31 p.m. Sunday.
While McDowell was not injured in the crash, her juvenile passenger was taken to Sacred Heart Hospital for possible injuries, the State Patrol reported.
Both the driver and passenger were wearing seatbelts, the State Patrol reported, noting the cause of the crash was drunken driving.
More like this story
- Ferry County Fair results announced
- Ferry County Fair bulls and barrels results announced
- Locals celebrate Lions Club's anniversary
- Unconscious woman found in ditch
- Level 3 sex offender moves to Pontiac Ridge Road
- Republic School bond information meeting planned tonight
- Stew and Brew returns Sept. 30
- O'Keary headlines Cultural Center
- Tonasket, Twisp receive grants for improvements
- 810 (2017-229 Sept. 13, 20) City of Okanogan Public Hearing Notice