Monday, December 2, 2013
AIRWAY HEIGHTS An area woman is facing drunken driving and reckless endangerment charges after driving through a fence with a 14-year-old boy in her car.
According to the Washington State Patrol, Arika Ann McDowell, 22, of Wilbur was westbound on U.S. Highway 2 when she crossed the centerline, ran off the roadway and crashed through a Fairchild Air Force Base fence at 6:31 p.m. Sunday.
While McDowell was not injured in the crash, her juvenile passenger was taken to Sacred Heart Hospital for possible injuries, the State Patrol reported.
Both the driver and passenger were wearing seatbelts, the State Patrol reported, noting the cause of the crash was drunken driving.
More like this story
- Community engagement is Methow fair’s theme
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Start them young
- Training exercise planned
- Delayed opener predicted for North Cascades Highway
- Games must go on
- UW students spend break working with youngsters
- Gas prices remain stable; price increases expected
- Growers meet with lawmakers
- Breakfast bill gets Steele amendments
- Drivers have until March 31 to remove studded tires