Monday, December 2, 2013
AIRWAY HEIGHTS An area woman is facing drunken driving and reckless endangerment charges after driving through a fence with a 14-year-old boy in her car.
According to the Washington State Patrol, Arika Ann McDowell, 22, of Wilbur was westbound on U.S. Highway 2 when she crossed the centerline, ran off the roadway and crashed through a Fairchild Air Force Base fence at 6:31 p.m. Sunday.
While McDowell was not injured in the crash, her juvenile passenger was taken to Sacred Heart Hospital for possible injuries, the State Patrol reported.
Both the driver and passenger were wearing seatbelts, the State Patrol reported, noting the cause of the crash was drunken driving.
More like this story
- Travel safety urged
- Winter storm brings school delays
- Winter storm warning issued
- Court denies ATV case review
- Three Devils case heads to appeals court
- Holiday Twinkies recalled
- 810 (2017-009 Jan. 11, 18) REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ)
- 820 (2017-001 Jan. 4, 11)
- 820 (2017-006 Jan. 11) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2017-007 Jan. 11) SMALL WORKS APPLICATIONS
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge