Sunday, December 1, 2013
OKANOGAN Winter road closures start today in the Methow Valley and Tonasket ranger districts of the Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest.
Several of the closed roads are part of the districts’ snowmobile trail system. Other closures to wheeled vehicles help provide protection for deer winter range and lynx habitat, the U.S. Forest Service said.
Food resources can be scarce for deer in the winter, and their energy reserves are low. The closures limit the disturbance of deer during that critical period.
Likewise, disturbance during the winter has been identified as a risk factor for lynx.
The Okanogan National Forest Travel Plan map shows seasonal road closures. It is free and available at Forest Service offices in Okanogan, Tonasket and Winthrop, and is online under the “maps” tab on the forest website at www.fs.usda.gov/goto/okawen.
More like this story
- Road block to established access
- 820 (2015-239 May 6) NATIONAL FOREST TIMBER FOR SALE OKANOGAN-WENATCHEE NATIONAL FOREST
- Forest Service officials urge caution due to winter weather
- 820 (2015-218 April 29) NATIONAL FOREST TIMBER FOR SALE OKANOGAN-WENATCHEE NATIONAL FOREST
- rescribed burns set for forest lands
- 810 (2015-472 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) City of Omak
- 810 (2015-562 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) INVITATION TO BID
- 810 (2015-613 Nov. 18, 25) At the regular council meeting of November 10, 2015
- 810 (2015-626 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) Notice is hereby given that the Town of Riverside, Washington
- 810 (2015-627 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) A public meeting for the 2016 Budget
- 810 (2015-628 Nov. 25) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OKANOGAN CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2015-629 Nov. 25) CITY OF OKANOGAN NOTICE OF STREET CLOSURE NOTICE
- 810 (2015-630 Nov. 25) SUMMARY OF RESOLUTION No. 39-2015 OF THE City of Omak, Washington.
- 810 (2015-632 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2015-612 Nov. 18, 25, Dec. 2) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON