Sunday, December 1, 2013
OKANOGAN A rate increase for Okanogan County Public Utility District customers was approved by utility commissioners during their Nov. 21 meeting.
The district is passing on an increase of nearly $1 million from the Bonneville Power Administration.
The utility raised its cost of power adjustment by 0.0016 cents, as of Dec. 1. It’s listed on monthly bills as a separate charge and is calculated based on how many kilowatt-hours a customer uses.
With the new rate of 0.004 cent, a customer using 500 kilowatt-hours per month would pay an extra 80 cents, and a customer using 1,000 kWh would see an increase of $1.60, the utility said.
The Bonneville Power Administration raised its wholesale rates Oct. 1 by 9 percent, and average transmission rates went up 11 percent.
About 62 percent of the utility district’s purchased power comes from Bonneville.
The utility buys the remainder of its power from Wells Dam (33 percent), and the Nine Canyon Wind Project through Energy Northwest (5 percent).
The estimated total dollar amount for both in 2013 is $6.97 million, while the utility is expected to spend about $16.8 million on Bonneville Power Administration power.
Utility commissioners voted in 2010 to implement the cost of power adjustment.
More like this story
- 820 (2015-518, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-513 Oct. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-512 Oct. 7, 14) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-507 Sept. 30, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2015-503 Sept. 30, Oct. 7) NOTICE OF HEARING PUBLIC UTILITY DISTRICT NO. 1 OF OKANOGAN COUNTY 2016 PROPOSED BUDGET
- 820 (2015-490 Sept. 23, 30, Oct. 7) In The Superior Court Of The State Of Washington County of Chelan.
- 820 (2015-456 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-455 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Public Notice
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Town of Twisp Request for Statement of Qualifications
State Department of Fish and Wildlife Sgt. Dan Christensen recorded this video of the release of a mama bear and her three cubs Friday, Sept. 11, 2015. The bears were captured in a tree at Esther Bricques Winery near Ellisforde. The original video was much longer. We've edited out several minutes of footage between the cubs leaving the first trap and the mama and cub leaving the second trap. Enlarge