Sunday, December 1, 2013
OKANOGAN A rate increase for Okanogan County Public Utility District customers was approved by utility commissioners during their Nov. 21 meeting.
The district is passing on an increase of nearly $1 million from the Bonneville Power Administration.
The utility raised its cost of power adjustment by 0.0016 cents, as of Dec. 1. It’s listed on monthly bills as a separate charge and is calculated based on how many kilowatt-hours a customer uses.
With the new rate of 0.004 cent, a customer using 500 kilowatt-hours per month would pay an extra 80 cents, and a customer using 1,000 kWh would see an increase of $1.60, the utility said.
The Bonneville Power Administration raised its wholesale rates Oct. 1 by 9 percent, and average transmission rates went up 11 percent.
About 62 percent of the utility district’s purchased power comes from Bonneville.
The utility buys the remainder of its power from Wells Dam (33 percent), and the Nine Canyon Wind Project through Energy Northwest (5 percent).
The estimated total dollar amount for both in 2013 is $6.97 million, while the utility is expected to spend about $16.8 million on Bonneville Power Administration power.
Utility commissioners voted in 2010 to implement the cost of power adjustment.
More like this story
- Winter storm warning issued
- Court denies ATV case review
- Three Devils case heads to appeals court
- Holiday Twinkies recalled
- 810 (2017-009 Jan. 11, 18) REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ)
- 820 (2017-001 Jan. 4, 11)
- 820 (2017-006 Jan. 11) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2017-007 Jan. 11) SMALL WORKS APPLICATIONS
- 820 (2017-008 Jan. 11, 18) Okanogan County Dept. of Public Works NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- Burn ban issued for Okanogan, Stevens counties
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge