Sunday, December 1, 2013
OKANOGAN A rate increase for Okanogan County Public Utility District customers was approved by utility commissioners during their Nov. 21 meeting.
The district is passing on an increase of nearly $1 million from the Bonneville Power Administration.
The utility raised its cost of power adjustment by 0.0016 cents, as of Dec. 1. It’s listed on monthly bills as a separate charge and is calculated based on how many kilowatt-hours a customer uses.
With the new rate of 0.004 cent, a customer using 500 kilowatt-hours per month would pay an extra 80 cents, and a customer using 1,000 kWh would see an increase of $1.60, the utility said.
The Bonneville Power Administration raised its wholesale rates Oct. 1 by 9 percent, and average transmission rates went up 11 percent.
About 62 percent of the utility district’s purchased power comes from Bonneville.
The utility buys the remainder of its power from Wells Dam (33 percent), and the Nine Canyon Wind Project through Energy Northwest (5 percent).
The estimated total dollar amount for both in 2013 is $6.97 million, while the utility is expected to spend about $16.8 million on Bonneville Power Administration power.
Utility commissioners voted in 2010 to implement the cost of power adjustment.
More like this story
- Burn ban extended for parts of Okanogan County
- 820 2016-011 Jan. 20, Feb. 10)
- 800 (2016-012 Jan. 13, 20, 27) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN - JUVENILE
- 800 (2016-024 Jan. 20) Notice of Appeal Hearing SEPA Appeal of DNS for CUP 2015-8 Morgan Septic Lagoon
- 800 (2016-025 Jan. 20) Notice Seeking Comments regarding Juvenile Detention Options
- 810 (2016-019 Jan. 20) Notice of Initiation of Plan Update, Adoption for Implementation and Issuance of a DNS under SEPA
- 820 (2016-021 Jan. 20, 27, Feb. 03, 10) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-018 Jan. 20, 27, Feb. 3) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2016-013 Jan. 13, 20, 27) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER FOR SALE
- 820 (2016-014 Jan. 13, 20, 27) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE