Friday, August 30, 2013
OMAK - A fierce storm ripped through Okanogan and Omak shortly after 2 p.m., leaving downed trees and scattered fires in its wake.
Electricity also was interrupted.
Emergency calls during and immediately after the storm included a lightning strike fire on Emery Street in south Omak, a tree down in the RV park area of East Side Park and a brush fire near St. Mary's Mission on North End Omak Lake Road.
There also were reports of roofing torn off buildings in Omak and Okanogan.
More like this story
- State plans to take lethal action to change wolf pack’s behavior
- Lake Roosevelt white sturgeon fishery to close July 31
- Canyon Creek Fire management turned over to Type 4 team
- Redford Canyon Fire size remains at 681 acres
- Second man arrested in Shawl death
- Three vehicles damaged in downtown accident
- Cultural tradition topic of meeting Saturday in Okanogan
- Diverse music styles on tap for International Concert Series
- Oregon motorcyclists injured in wreck on Sherman Pass
- Firewood permits available through vendors