Friday, August 30, 2013
OMAK - A fierce storm ripped through Okanogan and Omak shortly after 2 p.m., leaving downed trees and scattered fires in its wake.
Electricity also was interrupted.
Emergency calls during and immediately after the storm included a lightning strike fire on Emery Street in south Omak, a tree down in the RV park area of East Side Park and a brush fire near St. Mary's Mission on North End Omak Lake Road.
There also were reports of roofing torn off buildings in Omak and Okanogan.
More like this story
- Colville tribal chairman, musician Jim Boyd dies
- Tonasket EMTs launch legal fund
- Three arrested on drug charges
- Rodeo gallops to Chesaw
- ‘Run for Money’ brings large turnout
- Chronicle wins seven awards in national contest
- 800 (2016-266 June 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON,
- 800 (2016-296 June 29, July 6) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 800 (2016-300 June 29) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-293 June 29) Okanogan County Public Works
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge