Friday, August 30, 2013
OMAK - A fierce storm ripped through Okanogan and Omak shortly after 2 p.m., leaving downed trees and scattered fires in its wake.
Electricity also was interrupted.
Emergency calls during and immediately after the storm included a lightning strike fire on Emery Street in south Omak, a tree down in the RV park area of East Side Park and a brush fire near St. Mary's Mission on North End Omak Lake Road.
There also were reports of roofing torn off buildings in Omak and Okanogan.
More like this story
- Week 8: Friday night football scores
- Candidates share opinions in Okanogan
- Fire damages Omak house
- County faces $87,000 bill for Rabidou lawsuit
- Where is the election funding coming from?
- No steelhead season this winter
- Debate team host carnival tonight
- Power outage planned in Tonasket-area tonight
- Snowfall expected along North Cascade Highway
- 810 (2016-410 Oct. 19) SUMMARY OF ORDINANCE NO. 877
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge