Friday, August 30, 2013
OMAK - A fierce storm ripped through Okanogan and Omak shortly after 2 p.m., leaving downed trees and scattered fires in its wake.
Electricity also was interrupted.
Emergency calls during and immediately after the storm included a lightning strike fire on Emery Street in south Omak, a tree down in the RV park area of East Side Park and a brush fire near St. Mary's Mission on North End Omak Lake Road.
There also were reports of roofing torn off buildings in Omak and Okanogan.
More like this story
- Brewster soccerreturns with third-place state 1B/2B trophy
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Willis twins shine in soccer
- 800 (2017-265 Nov. 22, 29) City of Omak Notice of Final 2018 Budget Public Hearing Omak City Council
- 800 (2017-325 Nov. 22) CITY OF OKANOGAN STREET CLOSURE
- (2017-323 Nov. 22, 29 Dec. 6) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2017-324 Nov. 22, 29 Dec. 6) OKANGAN IRRIGATION DISTRICT NOTICE OF EQUALIZATION
- 820 (2017-326 Nov. 22) LEGAL NOTICE NEGOTIATION OF STATE LEASES WITH EXISTING LESSEES BETWEEN JANUARY AND MARCH 2018 EXPIRES: MAY 2018
- Garcia named CWL’s Player of the Year
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Love connecting math with sports
- Former hospital CEO sues for records