Friday, August 30, 2013
OMAK - A fierce storm ripped through Okanogan and Omak shortly after 2 p.m., leaving downed trees and scattered fires in its wake.
Electricity also was interrupted.
Emergency calls during and immediately after the storm included a lightning strike fire on Emery Street in south Omak, a tree down in the RV park area of East Side Park and a brush fire near St. Mary's Mission on North End Omak Lake Road.
There also were reports of roofing torn off buildings in Omak and Okanogan.
More like this story
- Santa Claus plans stop in Conconully
- Malott Grange plans Santa party
- Oroville tree lighting set tomorrow
- Shoppers have choice of several bazaars
- Tonasket gears up for Winterfest
- Mid-Valley Hospital CEO search begins
- Get Lit celebration planned tonight
- Rallying for love, showing support
- Fire guts North Country Pub
- 810 (2016-425 Nov. 30) STREET CLOSURE
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge