Thursday, August 29, 2013
OMAK - A flash flood watch has been issued for Okanogan, Douglas and Chelan counties through 6 p.m. today, Aug. 29.
Thunderstorms capable of producing heavy rain in short periods of time are predicted.
"Rainfall rates could be intense," the National Weather Service warned. "Burn scars from this summer and the summer of 2012 will be susceptible to flash flooding a mudslides. Urban areas will also be susceptible to flooding."
The storms will have the potential to produce rainfall rates of an inch an hour. Most will be tracking north at around 20 mph or faster.
The weather service said people should remain alert to changing weather conditions.
More like this story
- Business Council Chairman Boyd has died
- Do-it-yourself fireworks show in limbo
- Small fires, smoke checks reported
- Colville Tribal election returns too close to call
- Okanogan County ATV ordinance ruled invalid
- New wolf pack confirmed in Ferry County
- Safe 'n' Sane fireworks allowed in part of Omak
- 800 (2016-259 June 15, 22) Superior Court Clerk is requesting proposals
- 800 (2016-262 June 22) Notice of Primary Election
- 800 (2016-266 June 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON,
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge