Thursday, August 29, 2013
OMAK - A flash flood watch has been issued for Okanogan, Douglas and Chelan counties through 6 p.m. today, Aug. 29.
Thunderstorms capable of producing heavy rain in short periods of time are predicted.
"Rainfall rates could be intense," the National Weather Service warned. "Burn scars from this summer and the summer of 2012 will be susceptible to flash flooding a mudslides. Urban areas will also be susceptible to flooding."
The storms will have the potential to produce rainfall rates of an inch an hour. Most will be tracking north at around 20 mph or faster.
The weather service said people should remain alert to changing weather conditions.
More like this story
- PUD to decide yay or nay on Enloe
- County has cash flow problem
- Tonasket wants to annex land south of town
- Drug bust lands eight people in jail
- Okanogan school levy falling short of 60 percent
- 800 (2016-173 April 27, May 4) Notice of Public Hearing
- 800 (2016-175 April 27) Mooney SP 2016-2 Application and SEPA Exemption
- 800 (2016-176 April 27) Jackass SP 2016-1 Application and SEPA Exemption
- 800 (2016-177 April 27) Yakama Nation Twisp Ponds Project, SEPA 2016-1 Final SEPA Determination
- 800 (2016-178 April 27) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge