Thursday, August 29, 2013
OMAK - A flash flood watch has been issued for Okanogan, Douglas and Chelan counties through 6 p.m. today, Aug. 29.
Thunderstorms capable of producing heavy rain in short periods of time are predicted.
"Rainfall rates could be intense," the National Weather Service warned. "Burn scars from this summer and the summer of 2012 will be susceptible to flash flooding a mudslides. Urban areas will also be susceptible to flooding."
The storms will have the potential to produce rainfall rates of an inch an hour. Most will be tracking north at around 20 mph or faster.
The weather service said people should remain alert to changing weather conditions.
More like this story
- 820 2016-011 Jan. 20, Feb. 10)
- 800 (2016-012 Jan. 13, 20, 27) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN - JUVENILE
- 800 (2016-024 Jan. 20) Notice of Appeal Hearing SEPA Appeal of DNS for CUP 2015-8 Morgan Septic Lagoon
- 800 (2016-025 Jan. 20) Notice Seeking Comments regarding Juvenile Detention Options
- 810 (2016-019 Jan. 20) Notice of Initiation of Plan Update, Adoption for Implementation and Issuance of a DNS under SEPA
- 820 (2016-021 Jan. 20, 27, Feb. 03, 10) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-018 Jan. 20, 27, Feb. 3) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2016-013 Jan. 13, 20, 27) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER FOR SALE
- 820 (2016-014 Jan. 13, 20, 27) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2016-015 Jan. 20) As per law, the Okanogan School District