Wednesday, August 28, 2013
WINTHROP Ukrainian World Music group DakhaBrakha will perform at 7 p.m. Friday, Oct. 11, at the Barn, 51 state Highway 20.
The group, on its first tour of the U.S., was created in 2004 at the Kyiv Center of Contemporary Art DAKH Theater. Its name is derived from the old Slavonic words for give and take.
Its “ethno chaos” music combines the elements of order and structure inherent in traditional and folk music with the chaos of free form experimentation and improvisation.
DakhaBrakha draws on Ukrainian, Slavic, Asian and African music.
The group has played more than 300 concerts and performances, and has participated in international festivals across Europe, in China and Australia.
Prior to the public performance, DakhaBrakha will perform at seven school districts through the Methow Arts Alliance program, reaching more than 5,600 students in Okanogan County.
Methow Arts will provide free tickets to clients of the Cove, Room One and the Methow Valley Senior Center. Admission will be charged of others.
More like this story
- Training exercise planned
- Delayed opener predicted for North Cascades Highway
- Games must go on
- UW students spend break working with youngsters
- Gas prices remain stable; price increases expected
- Growers meet with lawmakers
- Breakfast bill gets Steele amendments
- Drivers have until March 31 to remove studded tires
- Okanogan County PUD plans power outage April 6
- Tonasket public pool slated to open in June