Wednesday, August 28, 2013
WINTHROP Ukrainian World Music group DakhaBrakha will perform at 7 p.m. Friday, Oct. 11, at the Barn, 51 state Highway 20.
The group, on its first tour of the U.S., was created in 2004 at the Kyiv Center of Contemporary Art DAKH Theater. Its name is derived from the old Slavonic words for give and take.
Its “ethno chaos” music combines the elements of order and structure inherent in traditional and folk music with the chaos of free form experimentation and improvisation.
DakhaBrakha draws on Ukrainian, Slavic, Asian and African music.
The group has played more than 300 concerts and performances, and has participated in international festivals across Europe, in China and Australia.
Prior to the public performance, DakhaBrakha will perform at seven school districts through the Methow Arts Alliance program, reaching more than 5,600 students in Okanogan County.
Methow Arts will provide free tickets to clients of the Cove, Room One and the Methow Valley Senior Center. Admission will be charged of others.
More like this story
- School seeks veteran photos
- BBB warns of fake online Seahawks store
- 3,895 pounds of chicken, pork bologna recalled
- New October rainfall records set
- Lester sentenced for child rape, molestation
- Woodcutting accident causes Ferry County power outage
- Officials suspend pursuit on Profanity Peak wolves
- Work slated to begin soon on Omak DNR fire base
- New business to occupy former Hughes store in Oroville
- 810 (2016-414 Oct. 19, 26) CITY OF OKANOGAN 2017 FINAL BUDGET PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge