Wednesday, August 28, 2013
WINTHROP Ukrainian World Music group DakhaBrakha will perform at 7 p.m. Friday, Oct. 11, at the Barn, 51 state Highway 20.
The group, on its first tour of the U.S., was created in 2004 at the Kyiv Center of Contemporary Art DAKH Theater. Its name is derived from the old Slavonic words for give and take.
Its “ethno chaos” music combines the elements of order and structure inherent in traditional and folk music with the chaos of free form experimentation and improvisation.
DakhaBrakha draws on Ukrainian, Slavic, Asian and African music.
The group has played more than 300 concerts and performances, and has participated in international festivals across Europe, in China and Australia.
Prior to the public performance, DakhaBrakha will perform at seven school districts through the Methow Arts Alliance program, reaching more than 5,600 students in Okanogan County.
Methow Arts will provide free tickets to clients of the Cove, Room One and the Methow Valley Senior Center. Admission will be charged of others.
More like this story
- PUD hopefuls share their views at forum
- Thunderstorm rips through county
- Ready, set, Pokemon Go! Online game craze hits the Okanogan
- New curtains installed at PAC
- Officials issue hazardous weather outlook
- Former NVH employee ‘disappointed’ with district
- DNR to add fire base in Omak
- Lynx could be added to state endangered list
- Hit-and-run crash kills Brewster teacher
- Bar-S Foods Company recalls hot dogs, corn dogs
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge