Wednesday, August 28, 2013
Competitors sought for fair rodeo
OKANOGAN – If you want to compete in a one-day fair rodeo, you need to sign up now.
“It is first call, first in,” organizer Trampas Stucker said. “They can call in any time at 509-486-1012.”
The rodeo will be 7 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 7, at the fair, 175 Rodeo Trail Road.
There will be (max participants in parentheses) ranch saddle bronc riding (10), barrel racing (15), steer riding (8), team roping (15), junior bull riding (8), steer stopping (10, women and kids 16 under), open bull riding (15) and horse trailer loading (10 teams).
Red Clark of C & C Rodeo Stock, Larry Peasley of Flying Spur Rodeo and Stucker will provide stock.
Last service rifle match of season set
RIVERSIDE – The last service rifle match of the season is Saturday, Aug. 31, at the Riverside Sportsmen’s Association range on Pharr Road north of here.
Set up is 8 a.m., registration at 8:30 a.m. and firing starts at 9 a.m.
“This is a regional match course of fire with 80 shots for record and eight sighting shots, so bring at least 100 rounds in case there is an alibi string,” organizer Ralph Malone said.
The 4-H Club will have burgers for sale for lunch.
There will be a CR-40 Any Rifle/Any Sight fun shot in the afternoon following the NRA-approved match.
Coed horseshoes offered in Inchelium
INCHELIUM – There will be a coed horseshoe tournament Saturday, Oct. 5, at the Inchelium Horseshoe Pits.
Sign up is 11 a.m. and competition is at 12:30 p.m.
There will be a potluck lunch.
“Ladies bring your shoes and men,” organizers said.
Comment sought on walleye change
OLYMPIC – Public comment is being accepted on state fishing rules, including a change to liberalize the daily limit for walleye at the mouth of the San Poil River.
The walleye change would increase the daily limit for walleye to 16 fish on the waters of the San Poil River inundated by Lake Roosevelt (the San Poil Arm) to decrease the overabundant walleye population and to align regulations with those for Lake Roosevelt.
AA public meeting is planned for 6-8 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 3, at the state Department of Fish and Wildlife’s Spokane office, 2315 North Discovery Place, Spokane Valley.
— The Chronicle
More like this story
- 820 (2015-518, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-513 Oct. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-512 Oct. 7, 14) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-507 Sept. 30, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2015-503 Sept. 30, Oct. 7) NOTICE OF HEARING PUBLIC UTILITY DISTRICT NO. 1 OF OKANOGAN COUNTY 2016 PROPOSED BUDGET
- 820 (2015-490 Sept. 23, 30, Oct. 7) In The Superior Court Of The State Of Washington County of Chelan.
- 820 (2015-456 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-455 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Public Notice
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Town of Twisp Request for Statement of Qualifications
State Department of Fish and Wildlife Sgt. Dan Christensen recorded this video of the release of a mama bear and her three cubs Friday, Sept. 11, 2015. The bears were captured in a tree at Esther Bricques Winery near Ellisforde. The original video was much longer. We've edited out several minutes of footage between the cubs leaving the first trap and the mama and cub leaving the second trap. Enlarge