Wednesday, August 28, 2013
OKANOGAN Ryder Lewis won the annual Bernie Newman Match Play Championship that wrapped up Aug. 25 at the Okanogan Valley Golf Club.
Lewis knocked off 2013 Club Champion Brett Baum in the finals 3-up with one hole to play, club professional Bill Sproule said.
Lewis reached the finals by defeating Cory Orr 2-and-1 in round one, Brian Bagley 5-and-3 in the second round and taking down Mike Bordner 4-and-3 in the semifinals.
Baum reached the finals topping Jim Brucker 4-and-3 in the first round, Casey Watts 2-and-1 in the second and Brian Condon 1-up in the semifinals.
Baum unseated Lewis, who was a 3-time defending champion in the men’s tournament Aug. 4.
More like this story
- PUD hopefuls share their views at forum
- Thunderstorm rips through county
- Ready, set, Pokemon Go! Online game craze hits the Okanogan
- New curtains installed at PAC
- Officials issue hazardous weather outlook
- Former NVH employee ‘disappointed’ with district
- DNR to add fire base in Omak
- Lynx could be added to state endangered list
- Hit-and-run crash kills Brewster teacher
- Bar-S Foods Company recalls hot dogs, corn dogs
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge