Wednesday, August 28, 2013
OKANOGAN Ryder Lewis won the annual Bernie Newman Match Play Championship that wrapped up Aug. 25 at the Okanogan Valley Golf Club.
Lewis knocked off 2013 Club Champion Brett Baum in the finals 3-up with one hole to play, club professional Bill Sproule said.
Lewis reached the finals by defeating Cory Orr 2-and-1 in round one, Brian Bagley 5-and-3 in the second round and taking down Mike Bordner 4-and-3 in the semifinals.
Baum reached the finals topping Jim Brucker 4-and-3 in the first round, Casey Watts 2-and-1 in the second and Brian Condon 1-up in the semifinals.
Baum unseated Lewis, who was a 3-time defending champion in the men’s tournament Aug. 4.
More like this story
- Fire destroys historic house
- Football scores: Three teams stay undefeated
- DNR dropping fire danger rating in Ferry County
- Three of five bears in tree relocated
- PUD sued over new power line
- Suspect charged in Knowlton’s death
- ‘Flash Float’ raises river access awareness
- Bail remains at $750,000 for shooting suspect
- 810 (2016-374 Sept. 21) CITY OF OMAK REQUEST FOR 2017 HOTEL/MOTEL TAX FUNDS
- 820 (2016-368 Sept. 14, 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12, 19) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT
Chronicle News Broadcast for Sept. 21, 2016
Five bears reported in Omak tree, flash mob takes to the Okanogan River, suspect charged with vehicular homicide, and weekly football scores. Enlarge