Wednesday, August 28, 2013
OKANOGAN Ryder Lewis won the annual Bernie Newman Match Play Championship that wrapped up Aug. 25 at the Okanogan Valley Golf Club.
Lewis knocked off 2013 Club Champion Brett Baum in the finals 3-up with one hole to play, club professional Bill Sproule said.
Lewis reached the finals by defeating Cory Orr 2-and-1 in round one, Brian Bagley 5-and-3 in the second round and taking down Mike Bordner 4-and-3 in the semifinals.
Baum reached the finals topping Jim Brucker 4-and-3 in the first round, Casey Watts 2-and-1 in the second and Brian Condon 1-up in the semifinals.
Baum unseated Lewis, who was a 3-time defending champion in the men’s tournament Aug. 4.
More like this story
- Weather brings school delays, closures
- McDonald's plans to introduce new ‘Big Mac' sizes
- Forever stamp prices increase Sunday
- More wet weather in the forecast
- Some after school activities, sports cancelled
- Storm prompts clinic cancelations
- Winter storm brings school delays, closures
- 810 (2017-009 Jan. 11, 18) REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ) AIRPORT MASTER PLAN
- 810 (2017-012 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing
- 810 (2017-016 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing Micro Processing/Manufacturing OKA RA 16-1
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge