Wednesday, August 28, 2013
OKANOGAN Ryder Lewis won the annual Bernie Newman Match Play Championship that wrapped up Aug. 25 at the Okanogan Valley Golf Club.
Lewis knocked off 2013 Club Champion Brett Baum in the finals 3-up with one hole to play, club professional Bill Sproule said.
Lewis reached the finals by defeating Cory Orr 2-and-1 in round one, Brian Bagley 5-and-3 in the second round and taking down Mike Bordner 4-and-3 in the semifinals.
Baum reached the finals topping Jim Brucker 4-and-3 in the first round, Casey Watts 2-and-1 in the second and Brian Condon 1-up in the semifinals.
Baum unseated Lewis, who was a 3-time defending champion in the men’s tournament Aug. 4.
More like this story
- Volkssport event planned in Winthrop
- Electrical outage lead to early dismissal in Bridgeport
- Tribe seeks information on missing teen
- Lake Roosevelt kicks off homecoming season next week
- BOWLING: Ludeman rolls 711 series at Valley Lanes
- WDFW plans to conduct controlled burns on two wildlife areas if conditions allow
- OK Friendly Car Club to meet Oct. 1 for cars, coffee
- Ride a horse across the Loup on Sept. 30
- Outlaw Motorsports puts on truck races Saturday
- Autumn Leaf Run returns for 16th year