Wednesday, August 28, 2013
OKANOGAN Ryder Lewis won the annual Bernie Newman Match Play Championship that wrapped up Aug. 25 at the Okanogan Valley Golf Club.
Lewis knocked off 2013 Club Champion Brett Baum in the finals 3-up with one hole to play, club professional Bill Sproule said.
Lewis reached the finals by defeating Cory Orr 2-and-1 in round one, Brian Bagley 5-and-3 in the second round and taking down Mike Bordner 4-and-3 in the semifinals.
Baum reached the finals topping Jim Brucker 4-and-3 in the first round, Casey Watts 2-and-1 in the second and Brian Condon 1-up in the semifinals.
Baum unseated Lewis, who was a 3-time defending champion in the men’s tournament Aug. 4.
More like this story
- Board votes not to renew Landdeck's coaching contract
- North Valley Hospital begins administrator search
- 83 year-old woman with Alzheimer’s reported missing
- Ridge Riders to put on barrel clinic
- Proctor, Kolbaba to be at riding school
- Cle Elum softball slugs its way past Okanogan
- Liberty Bell baseball sweeps aside Pateros
- Tonasket, Okanogan soccer fight to a draw
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Martial arts winners
- Utt leads Omak golfers at Jack Barnes Invite