Wednesday, August 28, 2013
OKANOGAN Ryder Lewis won the annual Bernie Newman Match Play Championship that wrapped up Aug. 25 at the Okanogan Valley Golf Club.
Lewis knocked off 2013 Club Champion Brett Baum in the finals 3-up with one hole to play, club professional Bill Sproule said.
Lewis reached the finals by defeating Cory Orr 2-and-1 in round one, Brian Bagley 5-and-3 in the second round and taking down Mike Bordner 4-and-3 in the semifinals.
Baum reached the finals topping Jim Brucker 4-and-3 in the first round, Casey Watts 2-and-1 in the second and Brian Condon 1-up in the semifinals.
Baum unseated Lewis, who was a 3-time defending champion in the men’s tournament Aug. 4.
More like this story
- Wenatchee bass team finishes first at Pateros
- Color big hit at this year's Pateros Color Run
- Lots of 3-on-3 hoops at Pateros Jamboree
- Rail trail promotional video released
- Truck, tractor pull set for Saturday
- Suicide Race qualifying starts Friday
- Farmers Insurance senior softball team churns out third
- Gary Lewis inducted into Wenatchee's Senior Softball Hall of Fame
- Killer Whales top Bearcudas at swim meet
- Whales swamp Bullfrogs at swim meet