Wednesday, August 28, 2013
OKANOGAN Kick Rocks of Grand Coulee Dam took first place at the annual coed tournament Aug. 24-25 at The Plex.
Kick Rocks topped The Turtles of Sumas, 13-11, in the championship game, tournament organizer Shirley Bowden said.
Company Creek Pizza of Chelan knocked off Spokane Valley, 12-2, in the game for third- and fourth-place.
There were six area teams competing.
Farmers Insurance opened by taking out Anker Trucking of Sumas, 16-9, beating Livestock Cafe, 8-2, and falling to Spokane Valley, 6-5. Farmers advanced as the No. 2 team from is division, Bowden said.
On Sunday, Farmers took out T-Town of Tonasket, 21-9, then lost to Kick Rocks, 18-6.
In division play, Damskov Auto Sales beat T-Town, 15-11, lost to Chelan, 16-5, beat Free Word of Spokane, 14-7, and beat Bushwackers, 16-3.
Damskov advanced as a No. 2 seed from its division.
On Sunday, Damskov beat Livestock Cafe, 14-5, then lost to the Turtles, 15-13.
Heatstroke Printing lost an extra-inning game, 17-16, to the Turtles to open division play.
Heatstroke then beat Midway Building Supply, 9-7, and lost to Kick Rocks, 14-4.
On Sunday, Heatstroke beat Bushwackers, 13-3, then lost to Spokane Valley, 14-12.
Livestock Cafe lost, 18-6, to Spokane Valley, lost to Farmers, 8-2, and won, 15-14, over Anker Trucking of Sumas.
On Sunday, Livestock lost to Damskov, 14-5.
Midway started Saturday with a 13-3 loss to Kick Rocks, a 9-7 loss to Heatstroke and a 21-6 loss to The Turtles.
On Sunday, Midway lost 12-6 to Anker Trucking.
The Bushwackers, who go by Omak Clinic in league play, lost 12-4 to T-Town, lost 11-1 to Free Wood, won 14-11 over Chelan and lost 16-3 to Damskov.
On Sunday, Bushwackers was eliminated 13-3 by Heatstroke.
Umpires were Gary Lewis, Jay Short, Vince Soderberg, Mike Hauso, Clyde Pock and Terri Mail.
Grounds crew members were Doug Buchanan, Randy Mattoon and Ron Allard.
All stars, voted by each team, included:
Kick Rock: Lance Manning and Randi Pakootas.
The Turtles: Matt Hoist and Shari Peterson.
Company Creek Pizza: Joby Clark and Kim Habich.
Spokane Valley: Chris Whaley and Mysti Snyder.
Heatstroke Printing: Brice Boesel and April Smith.
Damskov Auto Sales: J.P. Short and Tyler Schreckengost.
Farmers Insurance: Dustin “Nacho” Peres and Sheena Zacherle.
Livestock Cafe: Casey Goyne and Stephanie Webber.
Free Wood: Patrick Levitt and Megan Coumont.
Bushwackers: Tyler Buchanan and Kristy Marshall.
Midway Building Supply: Cory Hailey and Jessi Utt.
T-Town: Andy Townsend and Ashley Kingston.
Anker Trucking: Nate Christoferson and Lesley Anker.
More like this story
- 49 state patrol troopers sworn in
- Omak bond measure failing in initial returns
- 810 (2017-105 April 26) CITY OF OKANOGAN, WASHINGTON ORDINANCE NO. 1175
- 810 (2017-106 April 26) Notice of Application
- 820 (2017-092 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-093 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-094 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-097 April 19, 26, May 3) NOTICE TO CREDITORS
- 820 (2017-098 April 19, 26) CALL FOR BIDS.
- 820 (2017-102 April 26) The Town of Riverside is seeking applications for Town Council Position No.1.