Wednesday, August 28, 2013
OKANOGAN Kick Rocks of Grand Coulee Dam took first place at the annual coed tournament Aug. 24-25 at The Plex.
Kick Rocks topped The Turtles of Sumas, 13-11, in the championship game, tournament organizer Shirley Bowden said.
Company Creek Pizza of Chelan knocked off Spokane Valley, 12-2, in the game for third- and fourth-place.
There were six area teams competing.
Farmers Insurance opened by taking out Anker Trucking of Sumas, 16-9, beating Livestock Cafe, 8-2, and falling to Spokane Valley, 6-5. Farmers advanced as the No. 2 team from is division, Bowden said.
On Sunday, Farmers took out T-Town of Tonasket, 21-9, then lost to Kick Rocks, 18-6.
In division play, Damskov Auto Sales beat T-Town, 15-11, lost to Chelan, 16-5, beat Free Word of Spokane, 14-7, and beat Bushwackers, 16-3.
Damskov advanced as a No. 2 seed from its division.
On Sunday, Damskov beat Livestock Cafe, 14-5, then lost to the Turtles, 15-13.
Heatstroke Printing lost an extra-inning game, 17-16, to the Turtles to open division play.
Heatstroke then beat Midway Building Supply, 9-7, and lost to Kick Rocks, 14-4.
On Sunday, Heatstroke beat Bushwackers, 13-3, then lost to Spokane Valley, 14-12.
Livestock Cafe lost, 18-6, to Spokane Valley, lost to Farmers, 8-2, and won, 15-14, over Anker Trucking of Sumas.
On Sunday, Livestock lost to Damskov, 14-5.
Midway started Saturday with a 13-3 loss to Kick Rocks, a 9-7 loss to Heatstroke and a 21-6 loss to The Turtles.
On Sunday, Midway lost 12-6 to Anker Trucking.
The Bushwackers, who go by Omak Clinic in league play, lost 12-4 to T-Town, lost 11-1 to Free Wood, won 14-11 over Chelan and lost 16-3 to Damskov.
On Sunday, Bushwackers was eliminated 13-3 by Heatstroke.
Umpires were Gary Lewis, Jay Short, Vince Soderberg, Mike Hauso, Clyde Pock and Terri Mail.
Grounds crew members were Doug Buchanan, Randy Mattoon and Ron Allard.
All stars, voted by each team, included:
Kick Rock: Lance Manning and Randi Pakootas.
The Turtles: Matt Hoist and Shari Peterson.
Company Creek Pizza: Joby Clark and Kim Habich.
Spokane Valley: Chris Whaley and Mysti Snyder.
Heatstroke Printing: Brice Boesel and April Smith.
Damskov Auto Sales: J.P. Short and Tyler Schreckengost.
Farmers Insurance: Dustin “Nacho” Peres and Sheena Zacherle.
Livestock Cafe: Casey Goyne and Stephanie Webber.
Free Wood: Patrick Levitt and Megan Coumont.
Bushwackers: Tyler Buchanan and Kristy Marshall.
Midway Building Supply: Cory Hailey and Jessi Utt.
T-Town: Andy Townsend and Ashley Kingston.
Anker Trucking: Nate Christoferson and Lesley Anker.
More like this story
- 820 (2015-518, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-513 Oct. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-512 Oct. 7, 14) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-507 Sept. 30, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2015-503 Sept. 30, Oct. 7) NOTICE OF HEARING PUBLIC UTILITY DISTRICT NO. 1 OF OKANOGAN COUNTY 2016 PROPOSED BUDGET
- 820 (2015-490 Sept. 23, 30, Oct. 7) In The Superior Court Of The State Of Washington County of Chelan.
- 820 (2015-456 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-455 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Public Notice
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Town of Twisp Request for Statement of Qualifications
State Department of Fish and Wildlife Sgt. Dan Christensen recorded this video of the release of a mama bear and her three cubs Friday, Sept. 11, 2015. The bears were captured in a tree at Esther Bricques Winery near Ellisforde. The original video was much longer. We've edited out several minutes of footage between the cubs leaving the first trap and the mama and cub leaving the second trap. Enlarge