Wednesday, August 28, 2013
OKANOGAN The Cal Auto team took first place at the fifth annual Tough Enough to Wear Pink on Aug. 23.
Cal Auto finished at 53. The team included Robert Gregory, Geoffrey Phillips, Ryder Lewis and Brian Condon.
Kinross Gold No. 1 was second at 54. The Neely team was third.
The Don Kruse Electric team and Carder team tied at 69 for highest score.
Other teams included Kinross Gold No. 2, Talmadge team, Schneider team, Consumer Auto team and Top Notch Auto team.
“The Golf Tournament was very successful,” spokeswoman Shauna Beeman said. “There was a field of 10 teams.”
Best dressed, as they often are in their skirts, was the Crago team of Jacque Crago, Erwood Brown, Bob Purdue and John Jenkins. By wearing skirts, the men were able to use the women’s tees.
John Sheehan won the closest-to-the-pin 11 feet, 3 inches.
Brian Lewis won the putting contest, getting closest to the pin using a baseball bat.
Drawing winners were Riata Marchant, Melvin Hill, Bob Purdue and Erwin Brown. They each won prizes donated by Lee Franks, Omak Ace and Big R.
Beeman said plans are already under way for next year’s tournament – Saturday, Aug. 23, 2014.
A sponsor has stepped forward with a car as a prize.
“We wish to thank this year’s sponsors and players,” Beeman said. “Without their support this tournament would not happen.”
Proceeds stay in Okanogan County for free mammograms and follow-up cancer screens for women with no insurance.
More like this story
- 820 (2016-322 July 20, 27) STATE OF WASHINGTON DEPARTMENT OF ECOLOGY
- 820 (2016-310 July 13, 20, 27) SUPERIOR COURT, STATE OF WASHINGTON, COUNTY OF SPOKANE
- 320 (2016-317 July 27, Aug. 3) OMAK SCHOOL DISTRICT SURPLUS SALE
- 820 (2016-320 July 27) LEGAL NOTICE
- 820 (2016-323 July 20, 27, Aug. 3) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-328 July 20, 27, Aug. 3) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND
- 820 (2016-330 July 27, Aug. 3, 10) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR
- 820 (2016-331 July 27, Aug. 3) INVITATION FOR RE-BIDS
- 820 (2016-332 July 27, Aug. 3) NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
- 820 (2016-313 July 13, 20, 27, Aug. 3) IRS JUDICIAL AUCTION SALE
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge