Wednesday, August 28, 2013
OKANOGAN The Cal Auto team took first place at the fifth annual Tough Enough to Wear Pink on Aug. 23.
Cal Auto finished at 53. The team included Robert Gregory, Geoffrey Phillips, Ryder Lewis and Brian Condon.
Kinross Gold No. 1 was second at 54. The Neely team was third.
The Don Kruse Electric team and Carder team tied at 69 for highest score.
Other teams included Kinross Gold No. 2, Talmadge team, Schneider team, Consumer Auto team and Top Notch Auto team.
“The Golf Tournament was very successful,” spokeswoman Shauna Beeman said. “There was a field of 10 teams.”
Best dressed, as they often are in their skirts, was the Crago team of Jacque Crago, Erwood Brown, Bob Purdue and John Jenkins. By wearing skirts, the men were able to use the women’s tees.
John Sheehan won the closest-to-the-pin 11 feet, 3 inches.
Brian Lewis won the putting contest, getting closest to the pin using a baseball bat.
Drawing winners were Riata Marchant, Melvin Hill, Bob Purdue and Erwin Brown. They each won prizes donated by Lee Franks, Omak Ace and Big R.
Beeman said plans are already under way for next year’s tournament – Saturday, Aug. 23, 2014.
A sponsor has stepped forward with a car as a prize.
“We wish to thank this year’s sponsors and players,” Beeman said. “Without their support this tournament would not happen.”
Proceeds stay in Okanogan County for free mammograms and follow-up cancer screens for women with no insurance.
- Pickens North wildfire reaches 600 acresHAVILLAH - The Pickens North fire has burned an estimated 600 acres, according to the state Department of Natural Resources.
- Crews work to line Pickens North fireHAVILLAH - The Pickens North fire has burned an estimated 600 acres, according to the state Department of Natural Resources.
More like this story
- Pickens North wildfire reaches 600 acres
- Crews work to line Pickens North fire
- 820 (2016-349 Aug. 24, 31) CALL for BIDS-BID No. 418-16
- Opening arguments start in Alltus murder case
- 810 (2016-346 Aug. 17, 24) NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
- (2016-336 Aug. 10, 17, 24) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-347 Aug. 24)Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority
- 820 (2016-348 Aug. 24) Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority Board
- Meteorologists issue red flag warning
- Nearly $6,000 raised for motorcyclist’s family
Live wildfire coverage
Pickens Mountain fire near Split Rock Road in Havillah. Footage filmed live on location 8/24/16 Enlarge