Wednesday, August 28, 2013
OKANOGAN The Cal Auto team took first place at the fifth annual Tough Enough to Wear Pink on Aug. 23.
Cal Auto finished at 53. The team included Robert Gregory, Geoffrey Phillips, Ryder Lewis and Brian Condon.
Kinross Gold No. 1 was second at 54. The Neely team was third.
The Don Kruse Electric team and Carder team tied at 69 for highest score.
Other teams included Kinross Gold No. 2, Talmadge team, Schneider team, Consumer Auto team and Top Notch Auto team.
“The Golf Tournament was very successful,” spokeswoman Shauna Beeman said. “There was a field of 10 teams.”
Best dressed, as they often are in their skirts, was the Crago team of Jacque Crago, Erwood Brown, Bob Purdue and John Jenkins. By wearing skirts, the men were able to use the women’s tees.
John Sheehan won the closest-to-the-pin 11 feet, 3 inches.
Brian Lewis won the putting contest, getting closest to the pin using a baseball bat.
Drawing winners were Riata Marchant, Melvin Hill, Bob Purdue and Erwin Brown. They each won prizes donated by Lee Franks, Omak Ace and Big R.
Beeman said plans are already under way for next year’s tournament – Saturday, Aug. 23, 2014.
A sponsor has stepped forward with a car as a prize.
“We wish to thank this year’s sponsors and players,” Beeman said. “Without their support this tournament would not happen.”
Proceeds stay in Okanogan County for free mammograms and follow-up cancer screens for women with no insurance.
More like this story
- 820 (2016-438 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE
- 820 (2016-439 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE OF
- 820 (2016-444 Nov. 9, 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-446 Nov. 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2016-456 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-466 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-472 Nov. 30, Dec. 7) NORTH CENTRAL REGIONAL LIBRARY NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2016-473 Dec. 7, 14) Notice of Impact Aid Public Hearing
- 820 (2016-474 Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-475 Dec. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge