Tuesday, August 27, 2013
OMAK - A house that had caught fire twice before over the past dozen years was destroyed in an early morning blaze Aug. 25.
The fire, at 701 Jackson St., is considered suspicious since there was no electrical service and it was vacant, Fire Chief Kevin Bowling said.
"There was a party going on next door," he said.
Okanogan County Assessor's Office tax records list the owner as Harriet Stumm.
Bowling said Omak firefighters were called at 4 a.m. Since the house already had been extensively damaged in two previous fires, they burned it the rest of the way.
More like this story
- Breakfast After the Bell bill draws mixed reactions
- Appeals court lets Omak man's convictions stand
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Time to save our groups, organizations
- Girls' basketball: Soap Lake pulls away from Pateros
- Boys' basketball: Omak takes half-game lead in CTL
- Free Hok ski festival planned for Sitzmark
- Former Tonasket man convicted of rape, molestation
- 'Opening soon': Red Rooster Grill could come to Omak
- Raising hope, money for Yahir Corona
- Marchbank elected to lead Methow Valley board