Tuesday, August 27, 2013
OMAK - A house that had caught fire twice before over the past dozen years was destroyed in an early morning blaze Aug. 25.
The fire, at 701 Jackson St., is considered suspicious since there was no electrical service and it was vacant, Fire Chief Kevin Bowling said.
"There was a party going on next door," he said.
Okanogan County Assessor's Office tax records list the owner as Harriet Stumm.
Bowling said Omak firefighters were called at 4 a.m. Since the house already had been extensively damaged in two previous fires, they burned it the rest of the way.
More like this story
- Business Council Chairman Boyd has died
- Do-it-yourself fireworks show in limbo
- Small fires, smoke checks reported
- Colville Tribal election returns too close to call
- Okanogan County ATV ordinance ruled invalid
- New wolf pack confirmed in Ferry County
- Safe 'n' Sane fireworks allowed in part of Omak
- 800 (2016-259 June 15, 22) Superior Court Clerk is requesting proposals
- 800 (2016-262 June 22) Notice of Primary Election
- 800 (2016-266 June 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON,
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge