Thursday, August 22, 2013
LEAVENWORTH - Okanogan County travelers heading to Seattle might need to avoid U.S. Highway 2 this week because of fire activity near town.
The Eagle Fire, five miles northeast of Leavenworth, started Aug. 19 and has grown to almost 1,200 acres. As of Thursday, Aug. 19, its growth potential was considered "high" and it was only 10 percent contained.
Eagle Creek Road is closed to the public about one mile above the junction with the Chumstick Road.
Currently, more than 300 firefighters are assigned to the fire. There are 30 homes under immediate evacuation orders.
The fire's cause is still under investigation.
More like this story
- Guthrie music remembered Saturday
- Youth soccer tourney results announced
- Oxygen airs show about Tonasket murder
- 800 (2016-202 May 18, 25, June 1)
- 800 (2016-213 May 18, 25) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 800 (2016-214 May 18, 25) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 800 (2016-233 May 25) TONASKET EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES DISTRICT NOTICE
- 800 (2016-235 May 25, June 1) NOTICE OF CALL FOR BIDS
- 800 (2016-237 May 25, June 1) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING (Supplemental Appropriation)
- 800 (2016-238 May 25) Notice of Final SEPA Determination and Hearing Date CUP 2016-2 “N.O. Paws
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge